Fluorine

Charli XCX

Just now, charli bby said:

Lucy Liu and Spring Breakers are kinda cousins if you think about it

yeah, except for the fact that Lucy Liu is like 1 billion times better (not shade to Spring Breakers tho)

On 2/21/2024 at 7:37 PM, Monsef said:

I feel like the combo of the quality of Crash and subsequently In The City really shook the fanbase's trust in her.

Good ones was a great start and for once she actually had a budget MV with a cool visual/sound combo, fun choreo, great outfits and a good song, and then pretty much everything else went to shit.

New Shapes was whatever. For a collab with a great trio it was meh and teasing the intro in the bandisintown was a mistake because I don't think anyone excepted the chorus to have that messy clashing melody.

almost 3 months after we get Beg for You and I'm not gonna drag this song because it's been done enough and even locals were calling her a thief. Literally who wanted this? The future of pop girl decided to team up with the futuristic y2k popgirl to rerelease a 2006 song? The only nice thing i can say about the song is the AG remix. 

Baby I think is great but the reception was mixed and we all know what happened and I think it was here -off of the heels of Beg For You- when the goodwill she'd built up with mixtapes and xcx3+4 with outer fanbase started to dwindle.

The album drops 7 months after the lead single and I wasn't online so i dont exactly remember reception but i really didn't love it and i dont see anyone wanting crash 2. we had  barely 3 songs to gag at from the album that wasnt even 35 minutes and 8 new songs. The WORST PART was every deluxe song being better than most of the album and are literally the only ones i revisit EVER.

We get the forgettable tiesto and bodiesbodiesbodies songs, speed drive and WTMC were cute but who actually cares. by the time we get to In The City everyone was hyped... and then she announced Sam smith... and THEN we heard it lmao. 

I can't say it's been a great run for charli and I would only expect fans to question her instincts because she hasn't exactly been dropping the greatness she once used to. but eh, her fans(me included) are annoying and impossible to please.

3beb4d97d23d542e90cfb800d329a1db.webp

I had a dream last night that she surprised released the album right after boiler room. It was called “Mixtape 365” with the og 360_brat pink icon for the cover and it was 20 tracks long.

i was so sad when i woke up and realized :heidi:

28 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

A friend I have who also djs got into the album listening at the venue and said its a hard club record with some 2006 cassie r&b moments

idk how true this information is but if it is real man i'm gonna have a BLAST 

I’ve been waiting for an album of club bangers since the Vroom Vroom EP released so if this is actually happening I truly cannot contain my excitement - and probably why this ~no info~ rollout is even more upsetting knowing this could be her best work

This era is making more sense the deeper we get into it... even the long teasers are making sense. DJs always tease and play songs for a long time before its release to generate hype.

FISHER was playing new music during his Coachella set (April) that didn't end up coming out until August.