Fluorine

Charli XCX

Well the Vroom Vroom EP was a massive commercial failure (much like true romance only got buzz on the internet) so if they want what sells they're not going let her release an album like that either

Right- which is why I think they brought in Stargate to co-produce the album. SOPHIE is too out-there tbh 

TjmiIK4.png

I think you're forgetting she's signed to a major label... they want stupid, they want pop. It's what sells. Unfortunately for us few with taste, alt pop like TR doesn't sell/get airplay

In her fader interview, charli states that it's hard to make respectful party/dance music but she thinks she's done it. The music is not going to be stupid pop (a la break the rules), its going to be pc music influenced pop perfection but will still be diverse, "Ranging from high-octane pop songs to piano ballads". Her label isn't restricting the release due to its sound, she told a fan via DM that they're rescheduling so it doesn't conflict with other artists release + release WW same day. The album is done & that is that...She's not gonna change it, since she clearly loves the LP a lot. sorry for going on a tangent lol all these posts are just really annoying

Demos_copy.png

In her fader interview, charli states that it's hard to make respectful party/dance music but she thinks she's done it. The music is not going to be stupid pop (a la break the rules), its going to be pc music influenced pop perfection but will still be diverse, "Ranging from high-octane pop songs to piano ballads". Her label isn't restricting the release due to its sound, she told a fan via DM that they're rescheduling so it doesn't conflict with other artists release + release WW same day. The album is done & that is that...She's not gonna change it, since she clearly loves the LP a lot. sorry for going on a tangent lol all these posts are just really annoying

I wasn't saying her album is going to be stupid pop, I was just referencing MonroeIdol's post that said her label should "talk her into" making True Romance 2.0 and I was explaining that labels would rather have party music over deep alt pop. But I'm glad to hear that they're working around schedules! That makes me think we're getting an announcement really soon  :party:

TjmiIK4.png

I wasn't saying her album is going to be stupid pop, I was just referencing MonroeIdol's post that said her label should "talk her into" making True Romance 2.0 and I was explaining that labels would rather have party music over deep alt pop. But I'm glad to hear that they're working around schedules! That makes me think we're getting an announcement really soon  :party:

Yeah it wasnt really directed at you tbh. She said it's definitely coming in 2017 so its time to wait :defeated:

Demos_copy.png

It's kind of stupid for them to schedule it for a 2017 release when it's done for 3 months! It just increases the chances for it to get leaked, which is really bad for the label and charli

tumblr_oruz59Twq01ufr8xgo1_540.png

as much of a True Romance stan as I am (and I REALLY am - its in my top 3 albums of all time) I think this upcoming album could beat it out. I feel like Charli is more passionate, on board, and excited to stand behind this release than any of her previous efforts and I expect nothing less than excellence all around from it. as annoying as this wait is, we still got an EP this year which was totally unexpected and I can wait longer.

H0bDaqU.gif

as much of a True Romance stan as I am (and I REALLY am - its in my top 3 albums of all time) I think this upcoming album could beat it out. I feel like Charli is more passionate, on board, and excited to stand behind this release than any of her previous efforts and I expect nothing less than excellence all around from it. as annoying as this wait is, we still got an EP this year which was totally unexpected and I can wait longer.

i totally think the same

she's gonna be thrown in the dust

i'm gonna be surprised

to see her in the dust

come on boys and girls let's take control

i live for dust 

gonna love my pie

this is how charli's new music sounds

....haha...right...

hey_hey.jpg

she's gonna be thrown in the dust

i'm gonna be surprised

to see her in the dust

come on boys and girls let's take control

i live for dust

gonna love my pie

this is how charli's new music sounds

Maybe you should find another artist to listen to instead of Charli if her new content makes you that upset. TR was an album that was completely unlike the content before and after it and if you're hoping for a follow up…it won't happen.

If you look at her discography barring TR and the mixtapes it's very similar. Sucker is rightfully the successor to 14, and VV EP is the successor of Sucker.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Maybe you should find another artist to listen to instead of Charli if her new content makes you that upset. TR was an album that was completely unlike the content before and after it and if you're hoping for a follow up…it won't happen.

If you look at her discography barring TR and the mixtapes it's very similar. Sucker is rightfully the successor to 14, and VV EP is the successor of Sucker.

he's legitimately annoying

BzhmW.png