Fluorine

Charli XCX

I'm late on this but it randomly popped up in my head: Ariana stays in tune and on pitch and so do most of the huge pop artists, I get the feeling they work on their vocals... hell, even Selena Gomez does, and even though no one's calling her a vocalist, you can tell she really tries. Charli's literally said "I party because I don't care about my voice" and admitted a few months ago she has terrible pitch and didn't seem interested in working on it. & that's all fine (but also super sad, I saw a clip of her in the TR era sort of warming up her voice before a show, but I'm not sure if she officially practices vocal health), but most people wouldn't care about anything beyond surface level and wouldn't know Charli's actually a mastermind, they'd think she's just another pop girl when she's really a pop ARTIST.

I'm late on this but it randomly popped up in my head: Ariana stays in tune and on pitch and so do most of the huge pop artists, I get the feeling they work on their vocals... hell, even Selena Gomez does, and even though no one's calling her a vocalist, you can tell she really tries. Charli's literally said "I party because I don't care about my voice" and admitted a few months ago she has terrible pitch and didn't seem interested in working on it. & that's all fine (but also super sad, I saw a clip of her in the TR era sort of warming up her voice before a show, but I'm not sure if she officially practices vocal health), but most people wouldn't care about anything beyond surface level and wouldn't know Charli's actually a mastermind, they'd think she's just another pop girl when she's really a pop ARTIST.

These aren't really the best examples for vocals even though I dislike areola and her music greatly she has a lot of untapped potential vocally atleast but her technique/enunciation is awful and selena is just an all around atrocious vocalist she has poor stamina,breath support and can't stay on key-she just isn't meant to sing live in big settings dancing, especially with her whisper singing style which dries out her voice but is really the only way she can sing.

Okay but if Tinashe and Iggy can get a Britney collab there’s no reason why Charli CAN’T get one lol, I just don’t think she’s ever asked tbh.

this britney collab had a strong chance...max martin is currently working with britney too??? oh wig but im not gonna believe bc ill go into depression when shes not really on it

I don’t think people give Charli enough credit for her singing, and I even think she’s hard on herself... she has a unique personality that really comes through in her vocals, she does a wide variety of announciations, samples, and vocal techniques, her sound almost changes from song to song.

Like White Roses, she sounds a lot like Britney... and Fancy, she sounded like Gwen... then she’ll go from one genre to another and make it work, rap on one track, do a banging punk track, pretty falsettos in another, but it all sounds unmistakably Charli. She never sounds like she’s imitating anyone, it’s always “her” but she just pulls off so many sounds so well. Her tone is great, her personality comes through always, and while she’s not the most technical, pitch-perfect vocalist, she does so many other things well.

She always has a really strong “presence” on any given record, and her songwriting plays into that too, but she is definitely a strong vocalist in her own right. No she’s not Ariana (or insert other great vocalist here)... but that’s ok. She doesn’t have to be.

Okay but if Tinashe and Iggy can get a Britney collab there’s no reason why Charli CAN’T get one lol, I just don’t think she’s ever asked tbh.

I somehow don't think she cares for one she's a massive fan of her but has never listed her among her dream collabs only dream people to write for.Shes had a lot of opportunities to collab with her idols like when she was at an event with avril but didn't bother to talk to her lol.