Fluorine

Charli XCX

plus the fact that she HAS to release albums if she wants to keep up with her contract...

Thats actually not true. She has to submit material to the label, but she doesnt have to release albums to stay in her contract. In fact releasing albums is what will fulfill her contract and get her out of it. If her label wants to keep her, it makes senses to only release albums when they think it will do well and make them money.

Can't she just hire the same lawyer Tinashe used to get joyride released? That way she can release what she wants and stop watering it down and having things she believes in shelved/delayed. Also her label are dumb because they should be trying to make as much money as they can before she blows her vocal chords out and just becomes a writer!!! :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:

Can't she just hire the same lawyer Tinashe used to get joyride released? That way she can release what she wants and stop watering it down and having things she believes in shelved/delayed. Also her label are dumb because they should be trying to make as much money as they can before she blows her vocal chords out and just becomes a writer!!! :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:

So like yes and no. The problem is, Joyride was watered down and it was like 3 album attempts hodgepoged into a last minute era. RCA also didn't really promo the album at all and stopped from from releasing a mixtape soon after. It sucks but Tinashe pissed off her label really bad and I think it ended up coming back to bite her. At the moment Atlantic may not be letting her release XCX3, but they're letting her experiment releasing in alternative formats which is allowing her to at least put a lot of the music she wants out. From what it sounds like theyre gearing up to start an album campagin so it may not be in Charli's best interest to piss off her label which would sabotage her in the longterm.

So like yes and no. The problem is, Joyride was watered down and it was like 3 album attempts hodgepoged into a last minute era. RCA also didn't really promo the album at all and stopped from from releasing a mixtape soon after. It sucks but Tinashe pissed off her label really bad and I think it ended up coming back to bite her. At the moment Atlantic may not be letting her release XCX3, but they're letting her experiment releasing in alternative formats which is allowing her to at least put a lot of the music she wants out. From what it sounds like theyre gearing up to start an album campagin so it may not be in Charli's best interest to piss off her label which would sabotage her in the longterm.

:ohno: I guess but even RCA still gave Tinashe more coins to promote her singles than Atlantic do Charli. ALL the joyride singles had videos, they had her doing a lot of interviews and stuff. It really gets on my nerves how Atlantic are soooo desperate for this big hit to kick off the album campaign, yet do little to nothing to actually promote her!!!!!

Thats actually not true. She has to submit material to the label, but she doesnt have to release albums to stay in her contract. In fact releasing albums is what will fulfill her contract and get her out of it. If her label wants to keep her, it makes senses to only release albums when they think it will do well and make them money.

thats what i was trying to say with my comment

I think people are confusing the difference between scrapped and shelved

I know it's an old meme but i'm curious to know what Charli and Lizzy Plapinger are listening to/doing in your signature???? lol

:ohno: I guess but even RCA still gave Tinashe more coins to promote her singles than Atlantic do Charli. ALL the joyride singles had videos, they had her doing a lot of interviews and stuff. It really gets on my nerves how Atlantic are soooo desperate for this big hit to kick off the album campaign, yet do little to nothing to actually promote her!!!!!

true but the only single that was sent to radio was No Drama, and if you didn’t hear they didn’t allow permission for her to release her new mixtape Nashe (which has singles Throw a Fit and Like I Used To which we’re both unpromoted) and Shitmaka gave away one of the tracks to one of his artists Maliibu Miitch or w/e with or without Tinashe’s permission is beyond me. Yes we got an album but it also was a sloppy mess that had no direction but a forced one. Everything halted once it dropped as the entire budget was spent before the album even dropped and RCA expected those 3 singles to do something but of course the only thing it did was put her name back onto the map. They most likely have no clue what to do with her and I bet Tinashe is just following what the label tells her to record and what to do so she can get out of her contract. Although it’s painful, Charli releasing the album without a hit can be worse in the longrun, esp. promotion wise (as bad as it is already, why would a label put money into someone that’s not making them money back?)

giphy.gif

Here's the real question... why are these female pop singers "pissing off their labels?" Like this seems to be a semi-common theme lol.

More like the artists are doing their jobs and creating music and the label is unhappy because they are in the business of making money and don't think the product they're turning is commercial enough to make a return on investment. For some artists, compromising their artistic integrity for success is alright, but not Charli and a slew of other artists

BzhmW.png