Fluorine

Charli XCX

Biggest questions of humanity by century

19th century: is there life outside the earth

20th century: how can we unify the law of relativity with quantum physics?

21th century: why do we keep when the water runs?

Biggest questions of humanity by century

19th century: is there life outside the earth

20th century: how can we unify the law of relativity with quantum physics?

21th century: why do we keep when the water runs?

i am bringing this topic back to say the ambiguity in the lyrics is brilliant and lets the listener have their own interpretation depending on their current relationship status, and isn't that the ultimate goal of pop music, to be universal  :willcut:

gone, sweetie: :mariah:

i am bringing this topic back to say the ambiguity in the lyrics is brilliant and lets the listener have their own interpretation depending on their current relationship status, and isn't that the ultimate goal of pop music, to be universal  :willcut:

gone, sweetie: :mariah:

No, ambiguous is Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens (which is also a closeted gay anthem) in which he doesn’t specify the gender of the two people in the couple so they can be whatever you want (gay or not, but they’re obviously gay cause straight people can’t experience emotions)

This is just a clumsy grammatical mistake and I’m tired of y’all trying to find a poetic meaning behind it, there isn’t, she should’ve just had somebody review the lyrics before singing it

No, ambiguous is Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens (which is also a closeted gay anthem) in which he doesn’t specify the gender of the two people in the couple so they can be whatever you want (gay or not, but they’re obviously gay cause straight people can’t experience emotions)

This is just a clumsy grammatical mistake and I’m tired of y’all trying to find a poetic meaning behind it, there isn’t, she should’ve just had somebody review the lyrics before singing it

? ambiguous is anything

the entire song is literally ambiguous

that's not a "grammatical mistake". i've gone over other lyrics in here.

gone is the cold, dark part of the heart we retreat to when we feel insecure

she described it herself:

“This song is about those situations where you are surrounded by loads of people but feel so isolated and alone. I feel like that a lot of the time in social situations. I never know what to do with myself, I feel so insecure and out of place and lost. I feel like a lot of people I know get those feelings. When it comes to me, I’ll either party through it and try to escape my feelings or I will totally cave in. The emotions that come alongside anxiety are so huge and crippling. This song is about breaking down but it’s also about breaking free. It feels like one big external scream. Both this song and video are a huge release of energy for me. When I hear it and when I dance to it I feel truly euphoric and alive, like I’m pushing out all the bad feelings from my brain. Its like I’m channeling all my anger and frustration (and sometimes sadness) into dancing it all away.”

i think she's acutely aware of the lyrics in her songs

? ambiguous is anything

the entire song is literally ambiguous

that's not a "grammatical mistake". i've gone over other lyrics in here.

gone is the cold, dark part of the heart we retreat to when we feel insecure

she described it herself:

i think she's acutely aware of the lyrics in her songs[/size]

The verb keep is transitive thus it needs an object, “why do we keep when the water runs” has no object, ergo it’s a mistake

The same goes for loathe

The verb keep is transitive thus it needs an object, “why do we keep when the water runs” has no object, ergo it’s a mistake

The same goes for loathe

girl…….

applying grammar rules to music? a pop song? :awkney2:

the object is the ambiguous part, lord. you think no one in the process took a second look at the lines.

girl…….

applying grammar rules to music? a pop song? :awkney2:

the object is the ambiguous part, lord. you think no one in the process took a second look at the lines.

I never said I’m mad at it being grammatically incorrect, I was just responding to you saying there are no mistakes

Which there are, and it’s completely fine. Charli has no vocals and I don’t expect her to have lyrics but acting like it has a deeper meaning lol

"why do we keep (going/holding on/being a couple/ranting about pointless things) when the water runs (things slipped out of our control/changed)"

not that difficult tbh

è per sfotterli  :hooker:

Oh shut up about grammar, Jesus Christ, it’s a song. Guarantee everyone sings along when literally every single singer says shit like “ain’t got no,” “don’t mean nothing,” “not in love no more” and doesn’t bat an eyelid

giphy.gif

Oh shut up about grammar, Jesus Christ, it’s a song. Guarantee everyone sings along when literally every single singer says shit like “ain’t got no,” “don’t mean nothing,” “not in love no more” and doesn’t bat an eyelid

You know that isn’t slang right? It’s AAVE... a dialect... but I guess black people don’t speak English lol

But anyway as I said I don’t care about grammar, I was just responding to the user saying there were not grammatical mistakes, which there are and for which I couldn’t care less

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
Racism will not be tolerated.

I literally took don’t mean nothing from a Demi Lovato song and not in love no more from a Lorde song, what’re you on about

Pop music originated with black people and sentences like “ain’t got no” or “don’t mean nothing” are AAVE (and correct) and have been made famous by music, so obviously singers from every background are gonna use them regardless of their origins

Just because Demi is as white as the heroin she snorts on her sofa doesn’t mean that sentence is incorrect lol