Fluorine

Charli XCX

i'm pretty good with all the stuff Charli's been delivering since Pop 2

i can see a balance between new stuff shes exploring and the sound of PC Music/hyperpop/bubblegum that she established for herself

i get what some of you been saying and yeah, i think Charli entered a zone where she explore good ideas in a colective sense of production with A.G. Dylan, umru and others, but i'm not complaining about anything (and also, i think 'forever' herself along with other previews are pretty much different from what she's been doing)

at the end of the Rona Tour, i hope Charli releases the Janet inspired album because it seems like it can be VERY different from that sound and maybe could do a shift change in her image and sound, which i think it would be very great at this point where she can produce and release whatever she wants

claws doesn't touch forever for me but i'm so grateful she's releasing stems. it's really fucking cool and i chile i really know that i need to write an essay about this era. in fact i might start soon as a way to um warm up for my other essays i have due soon. this b*tch a legend. 

I don't think Focus even existed back in the Pop 2 days.. the song was written in early 2018 after she released Pop 2 I believe, I think that song and 5ITM are both from her early 2018 sessions (and 1999, White Mercedes) back when she was writing lots of songs with lots of people

Thank You.. I don't know why but I always thought Focus was a Pop2 reject because it has that distinctive sound... Well it's not, the more you know.

it's from the same session(s) as someone new, someone new was pitched to astrid in early 2018 so they were written in mid-late 2017

Edited by callmedecember

giphy.gif

I forgot that I've had this saved to my bookmarks for months now and it sounds like Green Money/My Heart Will Go On. Charli never did a version of that song right??? But I can't find a umru version of that song either. And now I'm confused. 

https://vk.com/wall-52770230_41774?z=video-52770230_456244459%2F3982bc8543bebebef0%2Fpl_post_-52770230_41774

like, i said before i think forever is phenomenal. i loved listening to the stems but didn't listen to any edits. i would not change a thing. buT, claws hasn't been nearly as exciting for me. this time, i'll check out the edits. her acknowledgment that these songs are rough and for the moment, and is giving fans at home a creative, interactive project to be a part of. the world really does not understand how much of a legend she is yet but i will make sure they do no matter what happens to us :xgiggle:

Can someone upload this on dbree or anything else? Zippy isn't working for months now...

I really wish I could listen to this but this site literally won't let me download it lmao.

https://dbree.org/v/ea7faf

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

it's from the same session(s) as someone new, someone new was pitched to astrid in early 2018 so they were written in mid-late 2017

Ummmm no I don't think so, Someone New was written in early 2018 - it was one of those songs that was teased back then in early 2018 when people hacked her again and got new songs

I think it's really more likely that Focus and Someone New were both written in 2018..

Ummmm no I don't think so, Someone New was written in early 2018 - it was one of those songs that was teased back then in early 2018 when people hacked her again and got new songs

I think it's really more likely that Focus and Someone New were both written in 2018..

astrid s literally said that the song started to take form from her pov at the start of 2018 (i believe that was between february and april) so unless it was written in january (which i don't think so) it had to be written at the end of 2017

giphy.gif

astrid s literally said that the song started to take form from her pov at the start of 2018 (i believe that was between february and april) so unless it was written in january (which i don't think so) it had to be written at the end of 2017

The start of 2018 would be January-April and that's when Charli was in the studio writing lots of songs - White Mercedes, 1999, 5 in the Morning, Would You, 1000 Times, White Dress and more are all from this time so it's not a stretch to say Someone New and Focus are from then too  :rip:  Someone New was literally teased with a lot of the 2018 sessions songs back in the day 

And Astrid S also said she ''wrote'' the song so I would take what she says with a grain of salt  :teehee: