Fluorine

Charli XCX

It sucks for those of you that aren’t feeling Charli’s current direction. I think where she’s at right now musically makes perfect sense.. & it’s just really nice as a longtime fan to see her so happy making music with people that inspire her; a group of friends / collaborators that help her to be the prolific musical genius that she has always been. :flutter:

Charli has been checking all the boxes for me in her music these past few years. Claws has a lot of production quirks I’ve always loved in different genres over the years.. it’s like Charli knows all my favorite things in music & knows just how to use them in a song. The glitchy beats, strong + catchy melody, auto tune, chopped vocals, synths, perfect adlibs + backing vocals, the lyrical nods to past songs.. (rollercoaster ride) & even with simple lyrics it’s still such a sweet & emotional love song at its core. I’m obsessed!!! The punchy, bouncy bass. The treble. & that outtro!!! Every second is BLISS. :poordat:

I literally love every song of hers from the last 3 years. I get people want her to switch up her sound but let's be real: she has less than a month to finish this album, it's not a realistic time for a major sound switch up.

XPo3CNC.jpg

Miss heartbreak high just want her back

It's not really bubblegum tbh it's more like punk/rock pop with electronic influences. Either way it doesn't sound like Queen Lizzy at all

you can't tell me boom clap, doing it, red balloon, die tonight and so over you don't have bubblegum moments

I don't know if you have watched the Fantano's review of Claws and he says that while in the mixtape she was exploring the PC music sound, now she's capitalizing off of it. And I agree with him, I think she can still dive deep into this sound and really create something unique and experimental. That's why I don't think she should switch sound... yet. And I don't know I feel like forever and claws, while using the PC music sound, are different from what she's done before, definitely more rooted into that genre and she seems free of doing what she wants

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

I don't know if you have watched the Fantano's review of Claws and he says that while in the mixtape she was exploring the PC music sound, now she's capitalizing off of it. And I agree with him, I think she can still dive deep into this sound and really create something unique and experimental. That's why I don't think she should switch sound... yet. And I don't know I feel like forever and claws, while using the PC music sound, are different from what she's done before, definitely more rooted into that sound and she seems free of doing what she wants

While I agree with this, she also has been openly interpreting all the content sent to her by the various producers who have been sending her stuff THEY feel she would fit over. I think what she's doing right now is just a move one pulls to refine their brand. Also this is an awful time globally, I doubt she cares a lick about the money she's going to make off this album/mixtape whatever. She seems just as emotionally driven to create something cohesive and relevant like she was with Pop 2.

The sound has just not been interesting on claws, I genuinely liked forever it wasn't amazing but was cute with decent lyrics, great production and I liked the way she played with her vocals with the tune differently for once. Claws to me has no experimentation its charli on autopilot she repeats a phrase ten times, uses some tuned rapped verses cue edm breakdown near end song over.

The greatest loss has been her lyricism, it doesnt have to be basic-every release its not as striking as her unreleased songs from when she was getting older and true romance and sucker had that lyrical quality which she has lost.

she repeats a phrase ten times

The greatest loss has been her lyricism, it doesnt have to be basic-every release its not as striking as her unreleased songs from when she was getting older and true romance and sucker had that lyrical quality which she has lost.

Repeating a phrase isn’t new for her or for pop music so I don’t really understand that being a particular reason to dislike the song.

Also, Sucker “had that lyrical quality” ???? Where lmao, I mean the whole fanbase was overall not happy with Sucker after TR because the lyrics were not nearly as good overall.

I mean, she’s literally making this album in a month.. so I don’t think it makes sense to expect poetic lyricism on a project that is intentionally rushed + collaborative. I don’t think Charli has lost her ability to write deeper lyrics, she’s just not aiming for that with this project. Idk. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14417469274.gif

Listening to Heartbreaks and Earthquakes rn. H&E and Super Ultra > True Romance. The mixtapes just give me that Buzz.. They have what TR is lacking.The transitions on H&E? Like, wow, like, Yes. A classic.

Tm0N2Vp.gif

qfrWuBl.png

anyways,,, it's all cool and fun, love seeing all these critics, thoughts, opinions and ideas! at the end of the day charli remains the musical genius/goddess of all time whatever she decides to drops. i don't care. after the afterparty? legendary. boys? iconic. 1999? cultural reset. love her to death.

Tm0N2Vp.gif

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

It sucks for those of you that aren’t feeling Charli’s current direction. I think where she’s at right now musically makes perfect sense.. & it’s just really nice as a longtime fan to see her so happy making music with people that inspire her; a group of friends / collaborators that help her to be the prolific musical genius that she has always been. :flutter:

Charli has been checking all the boxes for me in her music these past few years. Claws has a lot of production quirks I’ve always loved in different genres over the years.. it’s like Charli knows all my favorite things in music & knows just how to use them in a song. The glitchy beats, strong + catchy melody, auto tune, chopped vocals, synths, perfect adlibs + backing vocals, the lyrical nods to past songs.. (rollercoaster ride) & even with simple lyrics it’s still such a sweet & emotional love song at its core. I’m obsessed!!! The punchy, bouncy bass. The treble. & that outtro!!! Every second is BLISS. :poordat:

Could not agree with all of this more!

Listening to Heartbreaks and Earthquakes rn. H&E and Super Ultra > True Romance. The mixtapes just give me that Buzz.. They have what TR is lacking.The transitions on H&E? Like, wow, like, Yes. A classic.

Tm0N2Vp.gif

Heatwave remains one of her best songs ever

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

Tm0N2Vp.gif

Talking about Heartbreak and Earthquakes, can someone provide a link for the separated mixtape? I only seem to find the one track long version and I can't stand it

5itm and focus are such good songs they deserved to be on an album

Focus would have fit on pop 2 so perfectly... I hate Out Of My Head so I wish Focus could have replaced it 

I hate Out Of My Head so I wish Focus could have replaced it 

I don't think Focus even existed back in the Pop 2 days.. the song was written in early 2018 after she released Pop 2 I believe, I think that song and 5ITM are both from her early 2018 sessions (and 1999, White Mercedes) back when she was writing lots of songs with lots of people

I don't think Focus even existed back in the Pop 2 days.. the song was written in early 2018 after she released Pop 2

Thank You.. I don't know why but I always thought Focus was a Pop2 reject because it has that distinctive sound... Well it's not, the more you know.