Fluorine

Charli XCX

i'm curious what the 'charli' album would sound like without interference from her label

what do you guys think?

Charli herself said that she finished the album, sent to the label and they only said Gone was cute

i think they don't care anymore about what shes releasing lol

the only interference i think that they made was telling her to include 1999 for some streams and giving money for the shooting of MVs for more pop-radio sounding songs (Blame It, White Mercedes and Gone)

i'm curious what the 'charli' album would sound like without interference from her label

what do you guys think?

Honestly I think if you remove 1999, Blame It On Your Love, White Mercedes and Official and throw in some monthly drops then it seems more like a Charli project...

01. Next Level Charli

02. Thoughts

03. Silver Cross

04. Click (ft. Kim Petras & Tommy Cash)

05. 5 In The Morning

06. Warm (ft. HAIM)

07. I Don't Wanna Know

08. Gone (ft. Christine And The Queens)

09. Cross You Out (ft. Sky Ferreira)

10. Shake It (ft. Big Freedia, cupcakKe, Brooke Candy & Pabllo Vittar)

11. Focus

12. February 2017 (ft. Clairo & Yaeji)

13. 2099 (ft. Troye Sivan)

The other tracks would've made a nice little GP friendly EP from her, maybe pre-album?

01. Girls Night Out

02. 1999 (ft. Troye Sivan)

03. No Angel

04. Boys

05. White Mercedes

06. Blame It On Your Love (ft. Lizzo)

07. Official

Yeah... I thought Forever was really promising in terms of some artistic growth and change in her career (especially after Charli being a bit of a dud)... I enjoy Claws but like many have said it's Charli on autopilot.

I really hope the poppers song doesn't make it and we get some tracks that sound different and are out of her comfort zone. I dunno everyone goes on about her changing pop music and being a pioneer etc. And I did see it, even with Sucker, there was nothing like that by a female pop star at that time. Obviously she kinda made PC music more mainstream and Vroom Vroom and the mixtapes were very influential to others but right now she seems stuck?

And like, I know it's not her job to constantly challenge pop music trends and expectations, she does the mainstream stuff too and it's great! But I'd kinda like to see refresh her style a little bit now... I guess my biggest fear is that she's gonna be stuck in this soundscape for a while (I mean we're 5 projects deep now with this sound) or she'll try and do True Romance 2.0 for the angels. Neither of those seem appealing to me.

Tbh

I feel like this would be dope if after the popper verse they mixed it with either the tank set where Charli's like "make some noise for umru" or the Mine Gala set where he's like "make some noise if you got green money and also if it's in a briefcase" just so it wouldn't be such a harsh transition back into the green money chorus thing.

I already tried doing it myself, but I got frustrated cause i'm no audio engineer.   :facepalm:  lmao.