Fluorine

Charli XCX

the "my fans like pop music and poppers" song lyrics sound very similar to the "found umru on lanaboards" song lyrics she teased lately... maybe she's reworking that one for the album in some way? 

okay so i downloaded the 90 days free trial of ableton and i just did a quick and shitty edit with the 5itm stems layering just the vocals and the drums, not thinking of sharing it i'm just posting this because i'm happy to start doing things even though they're not really good or smth, also i've been obsessed with claws since it came out on thursday 

giphy.gif

The whole poppers thing is soooo cringe.

Yeah... I thought Forever was really promising in terms of some artistic growth and change in her career (especially after Charli being a bit of a dud)... I enjoy Claws but like many have said it's Charli on autopilot.

I really hope the poppers song doesn't make it and we get some tracks that sound different and are out of her comfort zone. I dunno everyone goes on about her changing pop music and being a pioneer etc. And I did see it, even with Sucker, there was nothing like that by a female pop star at that time. Obviously she kinda made PC music more mainstream and Vroom Vroom and the mixtapes were very influential to others but right now she seems stuck?

And like, I know it's not her job to constantly challenge pop music trends and expectations, she does the mainstream stuff too and it's great! But I'd kinda like to see refresh her style a little bit now... I guess my biggest fear is that she's gonna be stuck in this soundscape for a while (I mean we're 5 projects deep now with this sound) or she'll try and do True Romance 2.0 for the angels. Neither of those seem appealing to me.

Isn't it Green Money at this point?  it's pretty straightforward in the mix...

green money and the poppers one doesn't sound anything alike, unless it's some bohemian rhapsody pc style, there's a "longer" version of green money but it's literally just charli repeating the same line over the beat, i guess umru took this line and created something just for dj sets (he used green money twice now in his mixes)

but in the mix yesterday charli was using green money as a transition to everything lmao

green money and the poppers one doesn't sound anything alike, unless it's some bohemian rhapsody pc style, there's a "longer" version of green money but it's literally just charli repeating the same line over the beat, i guess umru took this line and created something just for dj sets (he used green money twice now in his mixes)

but in the mix yesterday charli was using green money as a transition to everything lmao

If you listen in the set right after she ends the unlock it remix, you can hear her singing the lyrics that come before the green money line slowed down and it flows with the rest of the song so I think they’re part of the same song

Edit: also if this is the case, the song might have been produced by Dylan Brady because she posted the clip to her Instagram story around the time she was in the studio with him for Charli. umru could’ve added additional production after the fact.

If you listen in the set right after she ends the unlock it remix, you can hear her singing the lyrics that come before the green money line slowed down and it flows with the rest of the song so I think they’re part of the same song

Edit: also if this is the case, the song might have been produced by Dylan Brady because she posted the clip to her Instagram story around the time she was in the studio with him for Charli. umru could’ve added additional production after the fact.

I think both songs are just rough demos/ideas that didn't worked.