Fluorine

Charli XCX

imagine the mess using fanmade beats would cause with publishing/royalties (since it's probably gonna be an album not a free mixtape) and having to liaise with twitter gays for stems while trying to meet the deadline

Also the fact this fan base is know for being greedy, the fan produced songs would be floating around DMs the second Charli send her vocals lol

I'm personally so grateful that Charli did this whole interactive thing because it's pretty much the only thing keeping me preoccupied during this quarantine. It seemed (based on viewer counts on IG) that there were ~5,000k or so people who would run to join an IG live or Zoom call at the drop of a hat during this whole scenario, so it feels like she sort of gave us an outlet to interact rather than just stare at social media feeds, bedroom walls, etc. Especially for the people who feel trapped or isolated during this quarantine, she really gave the stans something to look forward to. So so so generous of her.

That being said, do yall think that part of her motivation for this album was just her thinking NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO LEAK ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR UMRU

When she announced she was going to do a collaborative album w her fans making it with her I wasn't that excited cause I thought it was gonna be a whole DIY mess with corny fan lyrics and shitty beats and all that. I'm so glad that isn't the case and she just made an album while sharing some snippets throughout and asking for opinions on what pics to choose for the covers with a zoom/insta live every now and then to update us. 

qfrWuBl.png

When she announced she was going to do a collaborative album w her fans making it with her I wasn't that excited cause I thought it was gonna be a whole DIY mess with corny fan lyrics and shitty beats and all that. I'm so glad that isn't the case and she just made an album while sharing some snippets throughout and asking for opinions on what pics to choose for the covers with a zoom/insta live every now and then to update us. 

Agreed. It feels that our response to the material has also influenced the production. Like, imagine if when she teased party 4 u and the fan response was primarily along the lines of "ugh, she's putting that old reject on the album!?" – I don't think we would have seen it on the album. 

I don't think we're giving ourselves enough credit in our collaboration as an audience. Part of me also believes that the fan response serves as a motivator or validates her decisions. Especially considering the whole "I feel so unstable fucking hate my label" history she carries, I imagine Charli perhaps has grown super self-conscious when putting together an album. Hopefully if this album receives good reviews with (what seems like) minimal label input, it could allow her to continue to have maximal creative freedom. It's almost poetic how the making of this album is heavily fan-influenced as opposed to label-influenced as the journey to XCX3 had appeared.

I'm so glad she didn't use fan beats. We would have ended up with a cheap mess produced by twitter gays like Sonniku, That K*d, and Boys Sim

sonikku released a very good album lately. i feel like charli could’ve made something great with some of his electro80s beats

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I'm so glad she didn't use fan beats. We would have ended up with a cheap mess produced by twitter gays like Sonniku, That K*d, and Boys Sim

we have messy producers but there's also a lot of talented people out there, maybe not ag cook levels of professional, but something good would come up

Stop being mean to Twitter producers. They are doing a lot more than you are helping to build a music community with the resources they have

Nothing wrong with being a new producer but the fact that the entirety of that scene is unoriginal, devoid of personality knock-offs of Charli's sound and PC in general really cheapens the whole thing for me. Like how hard is it to be interesting  :rip:  Just my opinion

why does this merch feel like charli releasing a live laugh love clothing line

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴

I'm sorry but this is a shit opinion. His album/EP was really strong and it's all bops

BzhmW.png