Fluorine

Charli XCX

Okay, here's my ideal tracklist:

1. "You (Ha Ha Ha)"

2. "Take My Hand" minus the outro. This track is much better imo without the ending that drags out the song and doesn't even really fit with it.

3. "Stay Away"

4. "Feel My Pain" same version as the one on the album now, just a shortened title.

5. "What I Like"

6. "You're the One"

7. "Black Roses"

8. "Nuclear Seasons" EP version. I hate the intro, and I know, I'm like the only one...

9. "Heatwave" extended version and polished up with a new verse/lyrics

10. "Deep Into The Ocean" this is the new title for Fāār-i-kāl and is polished a bit.

DELUXE EDITION

11. "Lock You Up"

12. "End Of The World"

13. "Moments In Love" I think the shortness and simplicity of this song would serve as a good outro for the album. Could be remastered/rerecorded.

YES A LONGER VERSION OF MOMENTS IN LOVE angie.gif

1. (Nuclear Seasons intro from album version)

2. Stay Away

3. Take My Hand

4. Nuclear Seasons

5. Set Me Free

6. Cloud Aura

7. What I Like

8. Black Roses

9. How Can I

10. Grins

11. You're The One

12. So Far Away

13. You (Ha Ha Ha)

14. Lock You Up

15. (Take My Hand outro)

1. (Nuclear Seasons intro from album version)

2. Stay Away

3. Take My Hand

4. Nuclear Seasons

5. Set Me Free

6. Cloud Aura

7. What I Like

8. Black Roses

9. How Can I

10. Grins

11. You're The One

12. So Far Away

13. You (Ha Ha Ha)

14. Lock You Up

15. (Take My Hand outro)

I actually think that's a good place for You (Ha Ha Ha). It's a big song for people but I kinda feel like it doesn't even belong on the album.

Ideal True Romance track list, in my opinion:

1. "Intro" - The same as the version on the album, but a separate track.
  2. "Nuclear Seasons (Demo)" - Even though the new version sounds good, I don't think a change was necessary.
  3. "You (Ha Ha Ha)"
  4. "Take My Hand"
  5. "Stay Away (Demo)" - Same as "Nuclear Seasons."
  6. "Set Me Free (Demo)" - Final version is unnecessary, the demo was good enough.
  7. "Interior" - I love it.
  8. "Mess" - How epic would it be?
  9. "I'll Never Know" - You can judge me?
  10. "What I Like"
  11. "Black Roses"
  12. "You're the One"
  13. "How Can I (Demo)" - The noises on the final version annoy me.
  14. "Lock You Up (Demo)" - Why was it reworked? The mixtape version should've been released, it was good enough?

Ideal True Romance track list, in my opinion:

1. "Nuclear Seasons (Demo)" - Even though the new version sounds good, I don't think a change was necessary.
  2. "Stay Away (Demo)" - Same as "Nuclear Seasons."

I think the album version sounds waaay better than the EP version. And Stay Away is different? I can't believe you killed off Grins.

I think the album version sounds waaay better than the EP version. And Stay Away is different? I can't believe you killed off Grins.

I just removed it from there because it was already released on Heartbreaks and Earthquakes, and I thought that maybe making it free space for a new song would be good. I love "Grins" though.

Hi everybody! I'm new in LanaBoards

i've been reading this topic for days and sometimes i wanted to comment but i didn't wanted to sign in cuz im not a truly lana fan, i like her and i love some of her songs (paris, lucky ones, etc), but im here for charli, im sorry i know this is a lana forum but i really love this topic cuz its the only charli forum lol

im sorry if my english is bad haha my born language is spanish and im not a english expert, sorry if you cant understand me completely:/.

well, hope being welcome here, you're cool:)

im gonna start with the daily topic haha, my true romance tracklist would be like this:

1. Nuclear Seasons Intro (It's like magical and sounds like space haha)

2. Stay Away (It fits with Nuclear Seasons Intro)

3. You're The One (so .. dark?)

4. Mess (NEED the studio version)

5. Spoons (Without that guy, please.)

6. Go To The Jungle (If the remix is good, the normal version must be better)

7. Watch The Rain (I know its old but I love it, it's lovely)

8. Midnight (Such an interesting title)

9. Heartbreak High (I imagine that it sounds like Just Desserts)

10. Interior (So bubblegum and so Charli)

11. Take My Hand

12. Black Roses 

13. Lock You Up (*crying*)

14. Feel My Pain

15. Grins

16. Moments In Love (Perfect outro, but longer please.)

Bonus Tracks

17. The Killing Moon

18. Smile

19. Candyfloss

<Knowles // Aitchison // Grant> 

This is so hard, because even though I was kicking and screaming after finding out about the tracklist, I have grown accustomed to it, and think as an album it's not only very strong but super cohesive. :flutter:

1. ​Nuclear Seasons. Really, what other song could she open with, overlooking "Stay Away" and "Take My Hand", because each of them is at an extreme end of Charli's emotional spectrum? A perfect song, with perfect production and brilliant vocals. I would add that the intro doesn't really improve on the track, so that is obviously out of the question. :P
  2. Feel My Pain. This song has always struck me as nothing if it's not anthemic - the hook alone is simply :legend:. Though not the best opener, I think it would be very appropriate to place it as second. 
  3. You (HA HA HA). The vengeful break-up song just needs to go at the front half of my Charli album...I can't really imagine it back with the ballads at the end. It helps accentuate the tormented nature of the latter track, and provides a good backdrop for the frustration of the next. 
  4. So Far Away. Guys, you don't know how much I wrestled about this song being on the tracklist. I thought it didn't fit! I didn't even like it as a b-side. But now I've finally come to begrudgingly accept its subtle beauty, and think it belongs here more than even "Grins". 
  5. Stay Away. A widely-accepted masterpiece, a miserable yet masterful ballad on a universally understood theme. Naturally, one of the older songs on here, but I can't really imagine it as an opener (too dark), but it still deserves attention & fawning over. 
  6. Black Roses. The closer for the first part of the album - dark enough, but still ambiguous enough to not be as desolate as "How Can I", which will ultimately help balance the album by being the ~dirge~, if you will, for the second half of the album. Ideally, however, there are additional lyrics added, complete with a new verse. 
  7. Take My Hand. The crown jewel of the album. The happiest, most bubbly moment on the whole thing, and still the most gorgeous song of the entire bakers' dozen.  :worship: Of course, the (still appealing) outro has to go...if it ends up staying, it would have to be it's own track.
  8. Go to the Jungle. Finally, a song not previously seen! :P This would be the complete version, with every single lyric and note in place. I can't even imagine how beautiful it would be, in full glory. :deadbanana: MNEK has written many other brilliant Pop songs, from everyone from Little Mix to A*M*E, and I'm sure the songs he did with Charli are or equal caliber. We have no way to know if "Jungle" is the best of the lot, but seeing as we already have heard some of it and it's the only one they've teased us with, I'd rather hear it than any of the others. 
  9. What I Like (feat. Danny Brown). I love both versions, but Danny's verse really does add something, even if it's simply another part of the track. I wouldn't mind if he contributed singing vocals too, just too flesh it out into a full-on duet...of all the songs on here, this one might be the easiest to adapt for two voices. 
  10. Mess. I was afraid I was gonna have to put "You're the One" on here after all, but then I remembered - Patrik and her already did a song almost unbeatable for sheer energy! Who needs a cliche love song when you got one that involves a frenzy of drums, screeches, and abstract lyrics??? Judging from the handful of live performances, this is as HI-NRG as she has ever gotten, and I think it would help add balance. 
  11. Midnight. I really like it when my albums end with a string of ballads, possibly two or three. Honestly, we have no idea what this song sounds like, but I think whatever it is, it would help to transition from the middle to the last few songs...although I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong. :P
  12. How Can I. Charli at her most regretful, save perhaps "Stay Away". She's had this song since as early as 2008, so I'm sure it's very dear to her for her to include it. I would prefer it to be the same as the demo mix, because her chorus vocals shine much better without those pesky drums in the background.  :smokes:
  13. Lock You Up.  One of her best songs, and her best happy ballad so far released. Such a wonderful way to close, but the song needs to be remastered, with a much, much stronger emphasis on the vocals. Oh, and the sappy fake guitar riff from the live performances is really beautiful...not sure how well that would fit with the rest of the album, but I think I'd like it. 

~BONUS TRACKS~

1. Interior. One of my favourite Charli songs ever, I think it didn't make the album just because it's so beautifully weird:cuteface: It's the essence of what a b-side should be, but in an age where most artists shun such things, it would fit pretty well as a bonus track. I don't think even need to defend this choice, but if I'm questioned, you better believe I will.  :crossed:
  2. The Killing Moon. Probably her best cover (since we don't have any audio of her "American Boy" cover from before her fame), and we know she recorded a version that was supposed to be released last year...it definitely deserved a release, so why not put it here? 
  3. You're the One. I had to save this one above the other two I kicked off the tracklist, so I guess my sentimentality for it really did influence my opinion. :P I just remember how much I liked this song last summer, and the production certainly fleshes out Charli's more underground/grimy sound...if that's even what you can call those weird opening synths.  :toofunny:

Definitely not the best way to make a tracklist, but I think that 13 is the ideal track list for most albums, and three bonus tracks would bring it up to 16 songs, which is one of my favourite numbers for deluxe editions!  ;) Feel free to comment and yell at me all you want for cutting out Ms. Candy's contribution and completely abandoning "Grins" in favour of "So Far Away", but I feel that I'm pretty set in my opinions here. 

EDIT: Dangit! I forgot about some songs I'm absolutely dying to hear, so I'm making an addendum. It can be like Ke$ha's "Deconstructed" EP - a companion volume of songs that don't fit with the rest, but are still important milestones in the record-making process. 

1. True Romance
  2. Strobe Light
  3. Get Dirty
  4. Warrior
  5. Valentine

And the Japanese bonus track for this EP is..."I Love It"! :D

Edited by Madrigal

Yeah now I have to start adding paragraphs to explain myself rather than trust that it's a good decision.

I've never listened to the What I Like remix with Danny Brown, tbh, but now that they're gonna have another song together I might as well. Anyone wanna provide?