Fluorine

Charli XCX

I'll gladly keep my secret love for her secret though - don't want too many people at the concert in October! 

Basically this. I want her to stay as unknown as possible until I see her in September and then she can blow up if she wants. But I really want to meet her first!  :ohno:

so I feel really dumb for not remembering I'll Never Know was for a fashion show

And at the same time it was part of a Red Bull sponsored thingy, right? :oprah2:

me seeing charli last year in august when she accompanied coldplay and marina. if only i knew back then what i was missing out on  :heidi: (#SoFarAway for real this time)  :defeated:

1entd5.jpg

EQFO7rX.png

CHARLIBOARDS DAILY TOPIC

Is there anything you think Charli should've done differently on her road to getting where she is?

I wish she'd allowed Icona Pop to feature on "I Love It" but not given it to them. Kept the exact version of the song that is currently smashing but made herself the main feature. Then everyone would give her the credit she deserves, rather than "I Love It by Icona Pop omg!"

I love True Romance, I appreciate the sentimentality of a debut album, but as a long-term fan I wish she'd put newer songs on it.

Thank God Charli's not a Sky type and seems to be doing things right so far.

Will try to think of some topics!

Lol oh god... If this was "what do you wish Sky did differently"......

Is anyone else really curious as to what Charli will write about on the next album!? Like she devoted a whole album to love already, and that's a broad enough topic that I guess she could write another album with nothing but songs that relate to love or heartbreak in some way... Tbh they are such common themes in music, and there's so much to say about them, I really can't think of many songs I listen to that aren't in some way about a relationship...

I mean The Family Hewels by Marina is a great album that doesn't deal with love much at all really.

It just feels like Charli has written so much about love, now that she's in a long term relationship I don't know how she's going to crank out 10-14 more songs about it... She's gotta have something else she wants to write about...

Edit: the Family Hewels............. Just so you guys know, when my posts have tons of really bad typos and make no sense, it's because I typed them on my phone...

I would have preferred she didn't feel so protective or estranged from her older material. That's not really a career-making decision, but just think how much different (even carefree) her image would be if she wasn't so uptight about anything prior to "Stay Away". :ohno:

I wouldn't mind if she had started with a series of EPs, like Florrie...with someone as prolific as Charli, it's a waste to limit herself to just releasing albums, especially with the existence of her stand-alone singles and all the songs (like "Do It Well") that are strong enough to have propelled her career even without a deal.  :ohno: 

I don't think Icona Pop really changed much about I Love It tbh. Has anyone heard their album? They kinda suck. I Love It has Charli written all over it. Even the parts where she's apparently not singing sound just like her. Or are trying to be her. And I kinda feel like everything before Stay Away is shit. 

Grins is my faaaaaave song. 

I'm actually a fan of Icona Pop independently of Charli. I really like their other stuff. Manners, Top Rated, Lovers to Friends, Downtown. I like a lot of their stuff. I Love it is definitely Charli's though.

Yeah their album is pretty good. Got the Ace of Base influence in Wanna B With Somebody :creep:

BzhmW.png

DAILY CHARLIBOARDS TOPIC

As far as unleaked songs, what are you most eager to hear?

Can someone post a list of the song titles that are confirmed but unleaked? I don't really pay attention to them because I can't listen to them anyway... How do we know songs exist if we've never heard them and Charli herself has never talked about them?

"Pop Princess" has my heart for now. An older demo and an iconic title like that, are you kidding? Then again, perhaps I should settle for a studio version of "Mess" because I thought "Beach Hut in Hawaii" was going to be good based on its title :deadbanana:

This is so hard. :ohno: 

Both Matt Squire songs, "Boyfriend Material", all the MNEK songs, "Mess", "Strobe Light", "Animal", "Diamonds", "Get Dirty", "Tulips in the Field", "Pop Princess", "Wish List 1998", "Falling In Love", and all the versions of "Do It Well". I know that's a lot, but it's better than just saying "EVERYTHING", right? :toofunny:

DAILY CHARLIBOARDS TOPIC

As far as unleaked songs, which one song would you want to leak if you could choose?

Without a doubt in my mind, "Midnight".

A real True Romance outtake that was on the album until the very last minute, mastered and everything, with an amazing title that leaves me wondering constantly what it sounds like. Why was it kicked off the tracklist? What made something like "So Far Away" a better candidate?

GOD, I want that song.

X----into me, into you----X