Fluorine

Charli XCX

so i feel like charli releasing girls night out as the next single is v likely but do u guys think she's gonna abandon the pop 2 sound? like she always raves about pop 2 being the future, and how she's so emotionally attached to it. my point is, girls, is she gonna change gno to be pop 2-esque? i feel like she's gonna autotune it and throw kim petras on that empty verse 

so i feel like charli releasing girls night out as the next single is v likely but do u guys think she's gonna abandon the pop 2 sound? like she always raves about pop 2 being the future, and how she's so emotionally attached to it. my point is, girls, is she gonna change gno to be pop 2-esque? i feel like she's gonna autotune it and throw kim petras on that empty verse

well she just posted another snippet of an autotuned ag cook sounding song so i doubt its close to being over

i mean pop 2 wasn't just one sound, unlock it and femmebot for example are very different songs than backseat and lucky. if xcx3 ends up being autotuney (which i'm sure it will) i think there will be no shortage of those more upbeat bouncy songs as well. i'm hoping it will be like number 1 angel, pop 2, and the leaked xcx3 all rolled into one. 

SOPHIE on Charli XCX in newest CRACK magazine cover story:

While SOPHIE’s own music has the slippery ability to thrill and repel, she’s also made her mark through a catalogue of collaborations, with production credits for Madonna, Le1f, Vince Staples and teen pop misfits Let’s Eat Grandma. The best of them have sprung from her ongoing relationship with Charli XCX, whose Vroom Vroom EP in 2016 was solely produced by SOPHIE, while last year’s Pop 2 tipped perfection with the inclusion of the SOPHIE-produced Out of My Head.

“We work so fast together,” she beams. “When I’ve been in the studio with Charli it’s so powerful, what she does and the way she feels music… it’s just so aggressive and raw. And I think I can try and match her as a producer as well. We’ll do three or four songs in a few hours and we’ll be like, ‘next one, next one…’ It’s so invigorating.”

https://crackmagazine.net/article/long-reads/sophie-earthly-pleasures/

I really dont understand the Party Party hype, especially because the recording of it is terrible. I was literally at the show and I could still only hear her drunk as f*ck messing up the words and the occasional drum bang which I guess was the production

I really dont understand the Party Party hype, especially because the recording of it is terrible. I was literally at the show and I could still only hear her drunk as f*ck messing up the words and the occasional drum bang which I guess was the production

it's just a feel good song like ATAP but POP 2 style