Fluorine

Charli XCX

I feel like it's rare that charli songs are emotional to me but i got really high and heard "I Don't Mind" and "Light It Up" and oh my. both heartbreaking in their respective ways, the verse of light it up "my life is a sin, i just want to fit in" truly shook me to hear her sing. Seems like she really was in an emotionally tough spot during these sucker sessions and it's nice to hear that creative side to Charli that a lot of her recent songs don't really "go there" to. Anybody else thinking too much like me ?  :defeated:

Little off topic, but I listened to this very unknown 2009 track and it has some elements that I can relate to PC music/SOPHIE productions nowadays, wow (ignore the mv pls)

Totally could see Charli slamming a version of it

I feel like it's rare that charli songs are emotional to me but i got really high and heard "I Don't Mind" and "Light It Up" and oh my. both heartbreaking in their respective ways, the verse of light it up "my life is a sin, i just want to fit in" truly shook me to hear her sing. Seems like she really was in an emotionally tough spot during these sucker sessions and it's nice to hear that creative side to Charli that a lot of her recent songs don't really "go there" to. Anybody else thinking too much like me ?  :defeated:

Nah, Charli has kinda said that she doesn't really want to sing about emotions or talk much about her problems... which is kinda what makes "No Angel" so great IMO.

The hook is obviously killer and the catchy beat, melodies, and production, but it seems like Charli kinda opened up about something she's maybe done in the past, and it's a more "introspective" song for her... admitting her imperfections... which like you said, it's kinda rare for her to come out with something that is that honest. It's really good.

Little off topic, but I listened to this very unknown 2009 track and it has some elements that I can relate to PC music/SOPHIE productions nowadays, wow (ignore the mv pls)

Totally could see Charli slamming a version of it

I FUCKING LOVED THIS SONG BACK THEN. 

It was on american radio back then tho just not super huge. 

Only true xcx fans will remember the original mass leak- when that messy dude on tumblr (sorry if you're present here today) leaked Chains, heartbreak high, i don't even know your name, etc from Rick Nowels site lol

Holy shit I was here for that  :defeated: It's been so long and this thread still knocks  :hdu:

tumblr_static_1vaj0v9n1shwc4ks4c0gwsowo.