Fluorine

Charli XCX

Yosemite

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Didn't anybody else think she was overreacting a bit to the top 20??like I'm glad for her but she's acting like it's all that matters, but if she really wants to push the song she should be doing more promo in the UK like x factor and bigger shows although this ultimately comes down to Atlantic and how much it will invest.

Didn't anybody else think she was overreacting a bit to the top 20??like I'm glad for her but she's acting like it's all that matters, but if she really wants to push the song she should be doing more promo in the UK like x factor and bigger shows although this ultimately comes down to Atlantic and how much it will invest.

shut up.

lABVyGE.png

can't argue with that logic

bc none of us care to argue about that

that's her first top 20 single in 3 years and and it has ranked higher than previous lead attempts

she's doing the best she can with what she its given

do we want it to rank higher? yes

do we want atlantic to promote it? yes

but those things are not only on her hands

she's happy and that's all that matters

giphy.gif

i don't think shes overreacting one bit. i'm pretty sure we were as excited as she was when we found out that she cracked the top 20 (especially because its her first top 20 since doing it)

also getting a great chart position will hopefully lead to an actual album release, or at least more of a budget for future tracks/videos, so there's even more of a reason for her and us to be excited

It sounds like you’ve forgotten how the music industry works these days when you’re not making mumble rap over a beat (even tho she kinda did that too hihi 5ITM) she’s happy probably because this is her TICKET to releasing an album. Stream 1999

giphy.gif

Legit the reason why the last draft of XCX3 was scrapped was because of how bad ATAP, Boys, & Bounce on Kimmel flopped. It’s sad to say Bounce was the nail in the coffin. The leaks just cemented it. Yet still, it’s just like Dua Lipa, if we want an album she’s gotta get a hit!! If she does good in the US (REQUEST IT!) & continues to do good in the UK, YouTube, & on Spotify (STREAM IT!) it may finally come out!! Charli deserves it too. We needa Free her from singing Boom Clap, Fancy, & I Love It. We have to make 1999 a hit. I better see this streaming power from y’all with CTMP!!! If we get those 2 (& hopefully BIOYL) to become at least lil hits we might FINALLY GET XCX3 & deserved videos (RIP to the N1A trilogy videos :rip: )

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Legit the reason why the last draft of XCX3 was scrapped was because of how bad ATAP, Boys, & Bounce on Kimmel flopped. It’s sad to say Bounce was the nail in the coffin. The leaks just cemented it. Yet still, it’s just like Dua Lipa, if we want an album she’s gotta get a hit!! If she does good in the US (REQUEST IT!) & continues to do good in the UK, YouTube, & on Spotify (STREAM IT!) it may finally come out!! Charli deserves it too. We needa Free her from singing Boom Clap, Fancy, & I Love It. We have to make 1999 a hit. I better see this streaming power from y’all with CTMP!!! If we get those 2 (& hopefully BIOYL) to become at least lil hits we might FINALLY GET XCX3 & deserved videos (RIP to the N1A trilogy videos :rip: )

To be fair, it isn't Charli's fault that Boys didn't do better... she did all she could and made a very smart video, that performed even better than 1999 has in its short run so far, and for whatever reason, it didn't take off. I don't think the label even sent it to radio. Idk for sure... but I never once heard or saw it anywhere outside of YouTube or online promo. So there's some weird label politics going on here or something...

I think the biggest problem with ATAP was its "safe" aesthetic and sound... there was no Charli "edge" to it. It was a party song, but too tame... like it wasn't a club ready banger ya know? And I mean, it had an interesting structure... like it was a very developed pop song, more I'd say than most, definitely good, but yeah... just... no edge.

1999 definitely has that huge "bop/banger" quality though, and it's simple and to the point.