Fluorine

Charli XCX

Gone is a lot like True Romance in the sense that most of the song is just lyrics that have no meaning in the context of the lines around them.

you have made the most sense out of this

Maybe I’m dumb but what do they mean with “Why do we keep when the water runs” and “Why do we leave when the chase is done”, it don’t make no cents to me

Water is always moving and It's hard to keep It from moving. Also moving water (flowing down the river for example) is a symbol for "moving on".

She's basically saying "why do we try to keep what we have right in this moment when we won't be able to live in this same moment with those exact same feelings forever?"

HANGING AT THE PARTY WITH YOUR FRIENDS, THEY THINK I'M COOL..... THEN YOU SHOW UP AND MAKE ME FEEL SO SMALL..... I'M BETTER WHEN YOU'RE GONE  :crai:

...whats this

lABVyGE.png

It's so weird how they didn't even try to make a decent translation but just ran it through google translate and went with it...

"they're making me loathe" loathe what sis?? the translation??

"why do we leave when the chase is done" the chase is done???

the french part translates to "Don't look for me, I'm not there anymore/I'm no longer there" which makes much more sense

You realize loathe is a word right??

Also the line about leaving when the chase is done makes perfect sense

I’ll give everyone that keep when the water runs doesn’t make perfect sense right away and don’t search me in here isn’t grammatically correct but it’s just a song Yall

In break free, Ariana sings now that I’ve become who I really are... that’s also incorrect