Fluorine

Charli XCX

does anyone have the noonie file in HQ for me bc the only one in my library is the littlemonsteralejandro remake :crossed:

Noonie version hasn’t leaked it’s probably just people confused with the LMA remake

NO after realizing that the translation was all wonky I deadass cannot enjoy the song

It's so weird how they didn't even try to make a decent translation but just ran it through google translate and went with it...

"they're making me loathe" loathe what sis?? the translation??

"why do we leave when the chase is done" the chase is done???

the french part translates to "Don't look for me, I'm not there anymore/I'm no longer there" which makes much more sense

I think the song makes perfect sense...

It makes sense once you get it, but at times it sounds like those videos of people singing songs translated through google translate, y'know. But also most english Christine and the Queens songs sound like that. I don't hate it tho, Gone's a bop, it's been on repeat since it dropped, but it got those google translate vibes.

qfrWuBl.png

I think the song makes perfect sense...

I mean obviously you get the gist of it but there are whole sentences that sound like they were written in another language and then translated, for example search is always followed by "for" when you mean "look for", it was probably a french verb that didn't require that preposition and when it got translated something was lost

Also semantically phrases like "Why do we keep when the water runs" have no meaning. Which, no biggie, but since the single just came out its worth discussing it imo

Some lyrics are there merely to compliment the melody and emphasize some phonetic goal and sometimes it's just about how the phrase sounds outside of its meaning. Sometimes it's not that deep and I think Gone is understandable enough while still making that semi-aggresive vocal delivery sound best. Idk man

I mean obviously you get the gist of it but there are whole sentences that sound like they were written in another language and then translated, for example search is always followed by "for" when you mean "look for", it was probably a french verb that didn't require that preposition and when it got translated something was lost

Also semantically phrases like "Why do we keep when the water runs" have no meaning. Which, no biggie, but since the single just came out its worth discussing it imo

That's the only one I entirely don't get but I guess they liked it that way since it's all over the bridge/outro? 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

She says don’t search me in here? That makes sense. Also the Apple Music lyrics say it says “why do we kick when the water runs” and you hear Charli say it much clearer in the verse where they changing from English to French

giphy.gif