782anonymous

Doja Cat

https://youtu.be/Tx3l5tAW-Yg

discovered this the other day, was shocked completely as it was polarizing to her other material, I later found out some fan dm’d her about the song and said she hated it as she was in a dark place at the time. I went searching for more early material and found a lot of material from a YouTube fan account called Doji Doj, it seems while she was in development hell she was releasing CONSTANTLY in 2015. a true shame her old SoundCloud was wiped before anyone saved anything that might have went unnoticed (such as a lost demo or 2 etc.) and she took tons of old material off of her current soundcloud. The fact wayback machine is wiped clean from anything before August 2018 :skull:

most of the songs are rough demos but I found a few gems.

crazy to see her artistic evolution though!

giphy.gif

she wasn't in development hell lol she was just experimenting and making stuff in her bedroom for fun. Her Soundcloud releases weren't considered official releases and were mostly demos. She was def a lot more experimental & made more R&B inspired/lo-fi type music prior to her blow up but I guess she just evolved from that.

I would never hurt you

she wasn't in development hell lol she was just experimenting and making stuff in her bedroom for fun. Her Soundcloud releases weren't considered official releases and were mostly demos. She was def a lot more experimental & made more R&B inspired/lo-fi type music prior to her blow up but I guess she just evolved from that.

this is from May

this post shows an old quote from her twitter saying her album was supposed to be released in 2015 and then... nothing? she just uploaded tons of demos onto soundcloud instead, 2016 just had more SoundCloud demos, same with 2017 (and at this point we can consider amala was mostly made during this year), nothing actually happened release wise for this album until 2018 with Roll With Us, Go To Town & Candy and then the eventual release of Amala which you can imagine was way different than the album she made in 2015 going by the demos she uploaded in 2015.

Unfortunately her old soundcloud and twitter has been wiped entirely so it’s hard to judge on what exactly she was doing during the almost 4 year gap between Purrr! and Amala besides releasing demos but at least this shows we have confirmation there WAS an album supposed to be released in 2015. Her evolution did work out for her though!

giphy.gif

this post shows an old quote from her twitter saying her album was supposed to be released in 2015 and then... nothing? she just uploaded tons of demos onto soundcloud instead, 2016 just had more SoundCloud demos, same with 2017 (and at this point we can consider amala was mostly made during this year), nothing actually happened release wise for this album until 2018 with Roll With Us, Go To Town & Candy and then the eventual release of Amala which you can imagine was way different than the album she made in 2015 going by the demos she uploaded in 2015.

Unfortunately her old soundcloud and twitter has been wiped entirely so it’s hard to judge on what exactly she was doing during the almost 4 year gap between Purrr! and Amala besides releasing demos but at least this shows we have confirmation there WAS an album supposed to be released in 2015. Her evolution did work out for her though!

her label basically just ignored her after the Purr EP was released. sShe was still making music and uploading the entire time but most of those songs on Soundcloud were never meant for any album they were just DIY SoundCloud demos she made by herself.

However there were a couple old snippets on her instagram she posted in 2015, those songs were never released because she was saving them for that album. It was most likely gonna sound similar to the Purr EP & produced by Yeti Beats, but I think she scrapped the old material and started actually working on Amala in 2016, Candy & Casual were uploaded on SoundCloud during this time. She was also with RocNation for management for a while too but I guess RCA/Dr Luke's label finally got their shit together & let her release an album (thank god)

I would never hurt you

her label basically just ignored her after the Purr EP was released. sShe was still making music and uploading the entire time but most of those songs on Soundcloud were never meant for any album they were just DIY SoundCloud demos she made by herself.

However there were a couple old snippets on her instagram she posted in 2015, those songs were never released because she was saving them for that album. It was most likely gonna sound similar to the Purr EP & produced by Yeti Beats, but I think she scrapped the old material and started actually working on Amala in 2016, Candy & Casual were uploaded on SoundCloud during this time. She was also with RocNation for management for a while too but I guess RCA/Dr Luke's label finally got their shit together & let her release an album (thank god)

yes, i'm glad they gave her the freedom to release constantly on soundcloud or god knows what would have happened to the diehard doja fans, it's INSANE how they barely capitalised on the So High hype and then threw any remaining interest away after purrr! with the long wait  :crossed:

All of this proved that she had it in her though, and look where she is now, I guess it paid off!

giphy.gif

yes, i'm glad they gave her the freedom to release constantly on soundcloud or god knows what would have happened to the diehard doja fans, it's INSANE how they barely capitalised on the So High hype and then threw any remaining interest away after purrr! with the long wait  :crossed:

All of this proved that she had it in her though, and look where she is now, I guess it paid off!

yup, all tea ^^

I can't believe how big she is now... like her even getting an album released after all that time shocked me. Now she's on her second & has a Top 10 hit  :defeated:

I would never hurt you

I'm really disappointed with this album  :biblio:

I was so excited for it to come out since both singles were really good but this album is just so bland compared to Amala. Still like some of the tracks on it though.

WAIT nevermind i love this album

:rip: this is probably Bktidalwave account yall

Some Doja tattoo art i did...

Oh wow I love these!! Love the colors and everything, amazing! :party:

discovered this the other day, was shocked completely as it was polarizing to her other material, I later found out some fan dm’d her about the song and said she hated it as she was in a dark place at the time. I went searching for more early material and found a lot of material from a YouTube fan account called Doji Doj, it seems while she was in development hell she was releasing CONSTANTLY in 2015. a true shame her old SoundCloud was wiped before anyone saved anything that might have went unnoticed (such as a lost demo or 2 etc.) and she took tons of old material off of her current soundcloud. The fact wayback machine is wiped clean from anything before August 2018 :skull:

most of the songs are rough demos but I found a few gems.

crazy to see her artistic evolution though!

Waiit the video is not available anymore, what song was it?

✧・゚:* ヽ(*・ω・)ノ*:・゚✧