harmonykorine

Zella Day

I had my record store order the indie variant for me. Since it hasn't arrived yet I'm probably not going to get it since 70 out of 500 indie copies have the wrong track list. The only variant to have no problems is the black one. They should have caught the problem at the plant and should have delayed the album instead of shipping it out when there were problems with the vinyl.

She's touring this summer! It's called "Hot Summer Dreams" tour, I really dig the "Holocene" reference.

Given the way the album rolled out it would be so nice if she released a deluxe edition of Sunday in Heaven or an EP this summer, another batch of 4-6 songs a 'la "Where Does the Devil Hide?" would be a great gift to the fans and a great way to increase streaming numbers + monetize off of a lot of the good stuff she recorded during the album sessions that was left on the cutting room floor. It's mind-blowing to think that "Dance For Love" has been out for almost 2 years now! :wat:

v2_zella_day_sih_1920x1080_website_29sec

Maybe even a one off single or a "lost years" compilation for the fans including the songs she's performed live throughout the years she's already recorded like "Sober" and "Chinatown"; "Gypsy Girl" has over 200k plays between these two videos:

Zella Day - Gypsy Girl - Live on Lightning 100, powered by ONErpm.com - YouTube

gypsy girl - zella day (live acoustic audio) - YouTube

It's great she has a label to pay for her studio time and vinyl pressings, but given the way she has the tendency to treat fans to brand new music during her shows I feel like if she were indie we would get music more frequently. It would be nice if she "accidentally" uploaded the music video for "High" to dbree + any songs she'd be happy for us to hear that she isn't able to release. :hooker:

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

8 minutes ago, eyelovelefteye said:

She's touring this summer! It's called "Hot Summer Dreams" tour, I really dig the "Holocene" reference.

omg pls tell me there’s an Atlanta date :icant: 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Looks like the tour announcement will be coming next week! x

926-AEB5-C-02-DF-45-A9-A782-14-C316-E33669

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I saw a tweet about Zella apparently repeatedly working with abusers. I'm not mad at her, considering she's not famous famous and doesn't have as many options/freedom to turn it down, but I'm still curious as to who the abusers are. Does anyone know?

37 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

I saw a tweet about Zella apparently repeatedly working with abusers. I'm not mad at her, considering she's not famous famous and doesn't have as many options/freedom to turn it down, but I'm still curious as to who the abusers are. Does anyone know?

Maybe they’re talking about Børns? They used to be roommates and friends. I know virtually nothing about him though, just that he has allegations against him 

We are not about to re-hash this drama again, go back a few pages & you'll see all the negative posts correlating to your question that are a thing of the past. This thread is to support & promote Zella's music, not the opposite.

*Also, I'm pretty sure she's not even friends with Borns anymore-one of the songs those messy queens leaked last year had the line "lost a friend in the passing year, electric love shooting out of his ear"

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif