I listened to Badlands and honestly, I like it sooooo much. I like every song with the exclusion of New Americana and Drive, everything else is amazing. It's she's not the most original artist out there, but a lot of musicians need time to disover their own sound.

So I've never been very vocal about my thoughts on Halsey but for some reason she always rubbed me wrong and I think because of so many other people not liking her and all the crap I heard, it made me not want to like her either.

Today I listened to the standard version of BADLANDS straight through and I totally, completely loved it. It made me furious that she has gotten so much hate for this project and that it actually affected me enough to the point where I was avoiding giving her a real chance up until now. The only song that didn't really hit me on first listen from the standard edition was "Young God", but it is such a great album and I can't wait to listen to it more. I'm here y'all.

H0bDaqU.gif

So I've never been very vocal about my thoughts on Halsey but for some reason she always rubbed me wrong and I think because of so many other people not liking her and all the crap I heard, it made me not want to like her either.

Today I listened to the standard version of BADLANDS straight through and I totally, completely loved it. It made me furious that she has gotten so much hate for this project and that it actually affected me enough to the point where I was avoiding giving her a real chance up until now. The only song that didn't really hit me on first listen from the standard edition was "Young God", but it is such a great album and I can't wait to listen to it more. I'm here y'all.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS YOU SAW THE LIGHT :crying:

MkWI4Ns.png

Look, I'm fairly sure she didn't produce this at all, if there's anyone to call a fraud it's Lido

oh god like no one cares. lana or whoever your fav is could honestly have never written an original lyric in her life for all we really know. It's not gonna make me stop listening to her, even if such a tragedy would be exposed.

for some reason she always rubbed me wrong and I think because of so many other people not liking her and all the crap I heard, it made me not want to like her either

I feel like this is 75% of the reason people who don't like her don't. But good on you @@National Anthem for giving her a try! I was the same way too tbh. I feel like a lot of people are in our situation where they heard so much and never liked her without hearing the music and once they actually gave it a chance they realized she isn't nearly as bad as people say. But that's just what I've noticed from the handful of people that have said similar things as us on the forum. It's a shame.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I'm talking 'bout my generation

Talking 'bout that newer nation

And if you don't like it

You can beat it, beat it, baby

You never liked the way I said it

If you don't get it, then forget it

'Cuz I don't have to fucking explain it

I'm talking 'bout my generation

Talking 'bout that newer nation

And if you don't like it

You can beat it, beat it, baby

You never liked the way I said it

If you don't get it, then forget it

'Cuz I don't have to fucking explain it

?

Despite what Pitchfork says, I never hear the Lana influence except that she uses generic canned beats, which really underscores the production laziness with this album http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20951-badlands/?utm_campaign=search&utm_medium=site&utm_source=search-ac

I mean, if she did sound like her rival, I'd probably like it more -- where are the fucking "saccharine strings"? Where is the lo-fi crunch?