no i wasn't talking about charts or stuff. it's just that i don't feel the vibe of the era at all. also the videos are boring, bad at love and now this... are just... so random and without any plot? i don't know maybe it's just me but this era is boring in terms of creativity

I understand. you're so right.

nn i'm done w/ her ass :crossed:

I get that the concept for the video is supposed to be her saying that she's capable of causing harm of those around her/destroying what they once had (car crash symbolizing a relationship destroyed, i guess) but like...it just looks like more of an alien invasion or some shit? Like the entire town got destroyed and in flames because of what? None of the cars even looked damaged? 

At the same time, it's a fairly simple song production-wise, so a simple video treatment makes sense. At least this is easier to follow than the demon-in-my-toilet Bad at Love video. 

I don't even get where the music videos connect... I guess this happened after Bad At Love, but why is the car smashed up? Why does she have blood and scratches on her face? Why is the guy dead in the car? What was even the point of the video????

death grips is online !

I get that the concept for the video is supposed to be her saying that she's capable of causing harm of those around her/destroying what they once had (car crash symbolizing a relationship destroyed, i guess) but like...it just looks like more of an alien invasion or some shit? Like the entire town got destroyed and in flames because of what? None of the cars even looked damaged? 

At the same time, it's a fairly simple song production-wise, so a simple video treatment makes sense. At least this is easier to follow than the demon-in-my-toilet Bad at Love video. 

I don't even get where the music videos connect... I guess this happened after Bad At Love, but why is the car smashed up? Why does she have blood and scratches on her face? Why is the guy dead in the car? What was even the point of the video????

this is after the ending of now or never video, the aftermath of the fight and she reflecting on what their love caused

i just watched the bad at love video and geez. beats by dre promo in music videos just irrationally annoys me. did she have to make it so obvious?? apart from that her videos have been really lacking this era. she's got the aesthetic down but it's so hollow. the apparent storyline within hfk does not translate well in any of the videos so far. this basically means: release the goddamn strangers video already

redline

Sorry happens after Bad At Love when she realizes she has unfinished business while being well in House of Spera or whatever their name was and visiting HFK seeing it destroyed makes her go back and go through it all to finally finish it I GUESS

I couldn't care less about this messy era honestly it's been so long I'm not even interested in the climax of the alleged plot

What,  she's going to introduce an antagonist from Strangers now? Shouldn't it come right after Bad at Love? Wouldn't it make more sense that way & actually make us invested? Keep it Halsey 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I actually regret buying tickets to her show for April because 

a) the friend i was going to go with STILL hasnt gotten her ticket after 2 months

b) Im still a hater-fan. I feel bad for putting so much energy into criticizing halsey, but i just cant stop. some of the things she says and does just dont deserve my respect

c) Her show is gonna be a pop show. its a fact. and i dont want to go to a pop show.

But i cant do anything about it now. If my friend hasnt gotten her ticket by the end of this month ill just try to sell mine for cheaper to at least get something back

Also, her music video for Sorry was boring. I get that it suits the song (which is also boring), but she has been even worse than Lana for failing the hype of album aesthetics. A whole video of her just walking around the aftermath of a battle is boring. nothing happens, theres really no symbolism or any hints that are obvious to the story, and even if there was more meaning to it, she failed to keep me interested so, im bored. bye. 

a) the friend i was going to go with STILL hasnt gotten her ticket after 2 months

b) Im still a hater-fan. I feel bad for putting so much energy into criticizing halsey, but i just cant stop. some of the things she says and does just dont deserve my respect

c) Her show is gonna be a pop show. its a fact. and i dont want to go to a pop show.

But i cant do anything about it now. If my friend hasnt gotten her ticket by the end of this month ill just try to sell mine for cheaper to at least get something back

Also, her music video for Sorry was boring. I get that it suits the song (which is also boring), but she has been even worse than Lana for failing the hype of album aesthetics. A whole video of her just walking around the aftermath of a battle is boring. nothing happens, theres really no symbolism or any hints that are obvious to the story, and even if there was more meaning to it, she failed to keep me interested so, im bored. bye. 

Her shows are fun visually in terms of stage set up lightning and all that so it's definitely worth it even if you don't really embrace sympathy for her anymore

But pop show being a pop show itself is the reason why I gave up on buying Ariana tickets so I see your point

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Her shows are fun visually in terms of stage set up lightning and all that so it's definitely worth it even if you don't really embrace sympathy for her anymore

But pop show being a pop show itself is the reason why I gave up on buying Ariana tickets so I see your point

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  well yeah at this point its all depending on my friend buying tickets or not i guess

i feel you. i feel terrible criticising halsey as well and i'm always flip-flopping on my opinions on her, but it sucks because for the most part i really like her music.

but nothing will make up for the clunky cringe mess that is him & i. 

redline