Fusel

SONG PREMIERE: "Honeymoon"

Tbh I'm lovin' the sleepiness of Honeymoon. Maybe I've been looking into the word too much, but it accomplishes exactly what the titular track should, to me.  Yet it still makes sense that, as she said on her Insta, the album will have a variety sound-wise. I obv don't want the whole album to literally encompass a couple's honeymoon but I think musical highs, as well as lows, such as the slow, sweet Honeymoon that we've been blessed w/ today, would be very cool and loosely representative of what makes up a honeymoon, or even the "honeymoon phase." I did read some theories on the latter here and found it all quite interesting.

Anyway yeah, this feels like the blissful tune of the album despite her remaining true to her habitual explorations of darker themes within her lyrics. It's fascinating and sounds like it could be a film score. 10/10, took my soul from me.

also sweeping in a Bernard Herrmann sort of way ...the beginning notes somewhat like his Hitchcock scores Vertigo or Northby Northwest or his last two scores Taxi Driver and Obsession(which was a Vertigo homage by DePalma)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This song makes me feel like the prom scene in Carrie before the blood (the Sissy Spacek version, not the new one) where there's soft and glossy glamour and everything is beautiful and glistening but there's a sense of dread creeping in, it's dreamy but there's an insidious feeling of something dark lurking just beneath the glossy surface!

Oh it's such a wonderful song, it really takes me away when I close my eyes :)

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Omg the bridge :deadbanana:

Hmmm... the instrumental doesn't match with vocal melodies and that kind of bothers me but this is so good I could almost take it as BTD song for the vocals and strings :O :O :O

image.png

get dat praise b..

It's strange to think that, once upon a time, the fuss about Lana Del Rey all hinged upon reinvention. As word of her old-timey heartache-pop spread quickly in October 2011 with the phenomenal viral success of 'Video Games', so did debate about just how "real" the character on-screen was. The transformation of New York singer Lizzie Grant into the "gangster Nancy Sinatra" saw her accused by some of the terrible, treacherous crime of inauthenticity. "It's all an act!" cried commenters, as her past was dragged up by internet sleuths. One of the most magical things about pop music is how it allows people to make their own beginnings and choose their own stories, whether it's Brixton lad David Jones becoming a dangerously sexy and androgynous rockstar alien or a dour Manchester youth called Steven Patrick ditching his first two names and become a provincial romantic poet instead. Like Bowie, or Morrissey, or Madonna or Prince before her, Del Rey was just evolving into something else. Which makes it interesting that, for the past four years, Lana has stuck pretty rigidly to the same blueprint. Sure, there's been the odd cosmetic change – a Black Key roped in on production duties here, switching clunky hip-hop affectations for laid-back desert rock there. In the end though, her aesthetic has stayed pretty much still, honed and honed towards arresting torch song perfection. 'Honeymoon', the first taste and title track from her forthcoming third album, suggests it's not going to change any time soon, either. This new track, dropped earlier today, is a sultry waltz with velvety strings that swell and sting, with Del Rey's voice sounding richer than ever before. We've been here before with Lana: a sweeping, gorgeous ballad that's big on faded glamour and fancy danger, that sounds like it could have been lifted from the Blue Velvet soundtrack or blaring out of the radio between news bulletins on the Black Dahlia murders. Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/lana-del-rey-just-delivered-perhaps-her-most-heart-stopping-ballad-yet-with-new-single-honeymoon?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=lana#06ggl9b3311i3imW.99

glad someone else sees it is a waltz (NME article). My wife said I was nuts.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i don't hear a connection between the y&b bridge and the hm bridge... idk what y'all r on..but i mean she's the same singer..heaven forbid she have songs that sound a tiny bit similar lol

She changed some parts 'cause it would be too obv... but try to sing

"Dear lord..." along with it and you will hear.

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Someone please post it showing Lana at  #1 on Billboard Top 140 trending chart

I don't know how to get it to show up

http://realtime.billboard.com/?chart=trending140

that's realtime.billboard.com/

She changed some parts 'cause it would be to obv... but try to sing

"Dear lord..." along with it and you will hear.

OHMYGOD I ACTUALLY LOVE THAT 

if anything she referenced young and beautiful. 

also as someone who has written songs.. when you make the chords.. sometimes the progressions just happen naturally.. so perhaps young and beautiful bridge and this bridge have similar chord progressions but .. it doesn't mean that she just did copied and pasted out of laziness its just where the song naturally went :) 

like.. the chord progression for knocking on heavens door, flipside and part of without you are similar.. its just natural :P 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo