sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

I swear I didn't think we were ever going to get a single like. It's very pop and it could easily be one of the unreleased material. It is her best song? Not really, but it's catchy as fuck. Enjoy it a sassy Lana, guys. Stop overthinking and put your headphones on and let's just dance to that simple but good vibes beat. She deserves a break from her sadness

I've started liking it a lot tbh. The only thing that's bugging me is that annoying sound during the chorus, eveyrhing else is impeccable.

Btw do we know if the Vevo video peope ripped it from is audio-only or the MV?

I've started liking it a lot tbh. The only thing that's bugging me is that annoying sound during the chorus, eveyrhing else is impeccable.

Btw do we know if the Vevo video peope ripped it from is audio-only or the MV?

Maybe it is only the audio cause otherwise it would have been leaked the video too (I think?)

It really sounds like an unreleased song, it's catchy and boring aswell, that's not a bad song but I'm no hyped nor excited anymore. It's definitely not what I expected from this after I heard Honeymoon which is for me one of her best songs.

I'm really confused about what the whole album is going to sound like, the two songs we heard from it have nothing in common...

I calmed down after the leak and listened. The song is fucking great. I hope she does something with it despite the leak. HM is shaping up to be a curious album because HM is very different from HBTB

I don understand why some of you are acting like HBTB is death metal and Honetmoon is r&b, this is a mid tempo sombre track, it will fit on the new album just fine, they're not that vastly different to the point of not sounding like Lana tracks. Not really sure why everyone is so perplexed as to how it will match the record? both songs sound very much her and im sure will fit the record just fine [shrug].

I don understand why some of you are acting like HBTB is death metal and Honetmoon is r&b, this is a mid tempo sombre track, it will fit on the new album just fine, they're not that vastly different to the point of not sounding like Lana tracks. Not really sure why everyone is so perplexed as to how it will match the record? both songs sound very much her and im sure will fit the record just fine [shrug].

true

Now we have two songs of each genre she mentioned earlier ( Honeymoon is one of MIles Davis's inspired and HBTB is one of muddy trap songs). If she balances them right ( not like BTD who has such an organic and beatiful song like VG and the rest of the album is really overproduced) this could be one of her best albums.

I think people are also forgetting that just because this is the second single, it won't be the second track on the album lmao it'll be somewhere in the middle. Seriously didn't expect it to sound like this and give me all these throwbacks to her other songs.

That QOTGS intro is killing me slowly.

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I think people are also forgetting that just because this is the second single, it won't be the second track on the album lmao it'll be somewhere in the middle. Seriously didn't expect it to sound like this and give me all these throwbacks to her other songs.

That QOTGS intro is killing me slowly.

this is the first single

isn't lanadelreyglobal on this forum lel?

also people on ATRL r saying it just leaked in full

lel. you maybe think it's me but I'm not. :)

giphy.gif

I'm pretty disappointed. It's one thing to be inspired by hip hop beats a la the majority of BTD, but she kinda sounds like she's sleepwalking on a Mike Will Made It beat here. :defeated:

Honeymoon didn't sound rushed either, it had beautiful instrumentation and her vocals were beautifully layered. Yes, it didn't have a potent melody but I still thought it was pretty gorgeous.

I agree. I think it's so generic and unexciting. I haven't been this underwhelmed by new Lana in ages lol.