sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

Ok so I've decided to listen it since I couldn't resist anymore.

I really like it, it's not what I was expecting but I'm not disappointed, I think that there is still a bit of UV in this song but it's a new sound for Lana I think. It's worth to listen at the leak version, now I'm really curious about the video

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

Although I really do like this song. I do sorta agree with a lot of others on here. The beat was simple as fuck. Like a starter beat. Or one you find on the internet. She really could've done better. Or at least got Kanye or someone with merit to make the "muddy trap" beat for her.

But I feel like her vocals and melody helped carry it a little more to make it catchier.

i get why some people think the production comes off as somewhat amateurish, but i actually view it is a step towards a more commercial sound. not that that's a bad thing by any means, this single just seems so much more primed to be a single than any other single in recent memory.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I dont know, hard to say, people talk about the commercial aspect of the song, but even with a more commerical song

it may not be a commercial hit, due to the lyrical content. (Which is weird, when you think about alot of the crap they

actually do play on the radio, etc.) hard to say..

Im kind of selfish with my favorite songs from artists and dont really care what level of commercial success is attained.

Of course, the artists need the success to make a bigger impact, but Lana is fine, shes got it made..

not like a struggling underground indie artist who is hungry (and all whom love her are hungry) for the 'success',.

This song is great to me. :)

just listened, it's a hot track. different to what she's done before but still recognizably her - a mix of West Coast, Florida Kilos and a touch of some BtD demos; a gorgeous middle ground between Born to Die and Ultraviolence that's clearly also very 2015. the ending is fabulous with the spoken outro.

i love it and I'm glad to hear her lyrics are kinda moving away now from her stereotypical phrases (except the chorus). still, it's catchy af and I can imagine it doing rather well in the radio. 1000x better than the stale mess of Honeymoon.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'm not interested in the song at this time. I'm to mad at the way her team handled this release. I get from the reactions that is a more poppier sound from her, so I don't have an idea yet if it's hit worthy.

But what a shit team she has! They just fuck everything up. There is no way that at this level is so much incompetence. Why they announced a date for the release tho when you know the high risk for leaks? They don't have a team to take down the most important leaks which are on YT, Soundcloud and tumblr. There is no point to hate on the fans who leaked it. It was out there and this is her team's fault. Why they didn't released everything on Friday if that is the official day for releases from now on? I don't expect anything coherent from this bunch of idiots, everything will depend on how lucky she gets this era.

I read the lyrics. They seems better than the bland and pointless HM lyrics. But what is the point to put R rated words in it if you want something more commercially viable? And what the fuck is doing HM and HBTB on the same album?

also i just realised how much she references her past works + all three albums in the track and it's honestly so amazing. 

Loving you is hard, being here is harder - Florida Kilos [ultraviolence]

All I wanna do is get high by the beach - pretty much all her songs LOL but particularly Born to Die [born to Die]

Get high baby baby, bye bye - West Coast [ultraviolence]

The truth is/I never bought into your bullshit - Break My Fall [unreleased]

Lights, camera, accion/I can do it on my own - (one of the song's best lines) Put Me In A Movie [Lana Del Ray]

it's just such a clever song and i love it.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'm not interested in the song at this time. I'm to mad at the way her team handled this release. I get from the reactions that is a more poppier sound from her, so I don't have an idea yet if it's hit worthy.

But what a shit team she has! They just fuck everything up. There is no way that at this level is so much incompetence. Why they announced a date for the release tho when you know the high risk for leaks? They don't have a team to take down the most important leaks which are on YT, Soundcloud and tumblr. There is no point to hate on the fans who leaked it. It was out there and this is her team's fault. Why they didn't released everything on Friday if that is the official day for releases from now on? I don't expect anything coherent from this bunch of idiots, everything will depend on how lucky she gets this era.

I read the lyrics. They seems better than the bland and pointless HM lyrics. But what is the point to put R rated words in it if you want something more commercially viable? And what the fuck is doing HM and HBTB on the same album?

Take a breath doll x

I really love that Song, and I like the sound of it. The cover artwork is phantastic and the whole HM era appeals totally to me!
But I am a bit ... angry about her weak team that surrounds her because otherwise the song could never have been leaked. It's a pitty, because I imagine that we can expect a lot of cool things in HM. Lana seems to have a plan and a concept and its destroyed by so ... sad and annoying things!1