sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

I haven't cried like this in ten years it's so much better than what I could have imagined, life anthem, I will never unstan I don't know why I never trust her 100% because she saves my worthless life all the time. I'm extremely emotional idgaf this song is everything and it's so fresh I love her more than anything

ZKcaooE.png

I haven't cried like this in ten years it's so much better than what I could have imagined, life anthem, I will never unstan I don't know why I never trust her 100% because she saves my worthless life all the time. I'm extremely emotional idgaf this song is everything and it's so fresh I love her more than anything

I knew I could rely on you to stan.  :kiss:

I knew I could rely on you to stan.  :kiss:

:rip: I will always be unapologetic about stanning I'm fascinated by fans and celebrity culture above everything, but I'm glad I made myself a reputation lmao. seriously though this song is infectuous and I haven't listened to it enough yet to know if it's as good as West Coast but I'm very glad Lana delivered such a poppy song

ZKcaooE.png

Can't get over it sorry, it's so sultry and unapologetic and self-assured. I understand what they meant by "perfect transition between BTD and UV". I like that the beat is simple because her delivery kills. 

ZKcaooE.png

Can't get over it sorry, it's so sultry and unapologetic and self-assured. I understand what they meant by "perfect transition between BTD and UV". I like that the beat is simple because her delivery kills. 

I agree, it's like she's taken the best elements from all her works (except her amazing lyricism, which was thrown off the boat around the time of UV :toofunny: ) and merged them into a powerhouse song.

the lyrics in this aren't her best work but I really love all the throwbacks to previous songs, some show how much she's grown and others show how consistent she is:

Hawaiian Tropic: "Baby you can't come back from being that bad"

HBTB: "Everyone can start again, not through love but through revenge"

PMIAM: "Lights camera accion, you know I can't make it on my own"

HBTB: "Lights camera accion, I'll do it on my own"

Ultraviolence: "We could go back to New York, loving you is really hard"

HBTB: "Loving you is hard, being here is harder"

Hit and Run: "Watching me, watching you"

HBTB: "Looking at you looking at me"

Pawn Shop Blues: "I can do this once more"

HBTB: "I don't wanna do this anymore"

Break My Fall: "Do you really think I'll buy your bullshit, boy?"

HBTB: "The truth is I never bought into your bullshit"

Daddy Issues: "I need your kiss to survive"

HBTB: "I can't survive"

The Man I Love: "All that's real to me is Marilyn and Jesus" etc.

HBTB: "I can't survive if this is all that's real"

of course it leaked right after I went to sleep  :sadcore: someone send me a dl link

it's better than honeymoon but the chorus reminds me of kiss me thru the phone by soulja boy and i don't know why

C7EJSFg.gif

I love the reference to Put Me In A Movie and the flipped perspective of doing it on her own! She even says Action in the same cute little way! (I know lots of people have already pointed this out btw, sorry to be repetitive)

The song is so good! I really love it!

Since she said "some with a muddy trap" vibe I'm guessing there'll be more than one song kinda like this on the album? I hope so anyway, this kinda vibe is so good!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I agree, it's like she's taken the best elements from all her works (except her amazing lyricism, which was thrown off the boat around the time of UV :toofunny: ) and merged them into a powerhouse song.

Definitely. It's a bit stupid to say, but it sounds so Lana to me, it really have her signature, from all the albums and the unreleased. It would be a good song to show to someone who wants to her who she is to me, even though it's not (yet?) as iconic as BTD or VG or WC. I don't think it would sound as good sang by anyone but her, I don't know how she manages to have a thousand styles and always sound like... herself basically, I don't throw the word "genius" loosely but coming from an aspiring artist this is an extremely precious and respect-inducing quality to have. Also I just wanted to say that the "I'll never buy unto your bullshit" had me breathless lying on the floor. I can't believe how bless we are with this and Wayamaya she lifted me from depression by killing me omg

ZKcaooE.png