sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

She said it was one of her most recent songs on Honeymoon 

Didn't Mike will made it posted on twitter she played this track for him a long time ago? If I'm not wrong they met almost two years ago. 

Didn't Mike will made it posted on twitter she played this track for him a long time ago? If I'm not wrong they met almost two years ago. 

I am just starting to imagine how epic it would be: song starts and then the ICONIQUÉ : "Mike Will"....at the very beginning of the song. A shame. A duet with Miley would have even been better,

Oh well, let's hope Juicy J is still available. He gave Katy Perry's trap-smash "Dark Horse" the needed edge.

:oprah:

On Billboard, a song can get into the Top 20 with zero airplay the first week, then the airplay kicks in and it reclimbs the charts later on

Its strange, this is a song Brian Wilson could sing a cover version of

(high doesn't necessarily have to be about drinking or drugs...high could mean, get the problems out of my face and let me enjoy myself on the beach, in the water, etc.

On Billboard, a song can get into the Top 20 with zero airplay the first week, then the airplay kicks in and it reclimbs the charts later on

Its strange, this is a song Brian Wilson could sing a cover version of

(high doesn't necessarily have to be about drinking or drugs...high could mean, get the problems out of my face and let me enjoy myself on the beach, in the water, etc.

high on life

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I am just starting to imagine how epic it would be: song starts and then the ICONIQUÉ : "Mike Will"....at the very beginning of the song. A shame. A duet with Miley would have even been better,

Oh well, let's hope Juicy J is still available. He gave Katy Perry's trap-smash "Dark Horse" the needed edge.

These kind of posts are getting as tired as Lana is with her career  :biblio:

Lana won't have a duet with this.

In actuality, this is a solo song. A second person would make no sense in the lyrics

Perhaps James Franco in the video getting high on life and stuff together

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Tbh, this is a great song, it's more simple compared to her other material but it's definitely great and very Lana. I'm really happy this is doing very well and I hope Interscope gets their shit together and release the video this week before the single free falls, send it to radio and get into the top 10 on the Billboard 200, she can do it, but only if they do things right.

VMA performance here we come  :creep:

http://picosong.com/ujaK/

:oprah: :oprah:

i76mrxw.png 

:whoopi:

This is shaping up to be a very interesting era, I have to admit I have no clue what's coming next

1. I'm curious if HBTB will become a hit. It has some crossover appeal (in my opinion it's Lana's most GP friendly song). It survived at least 2 days at the top of US itunes without promo or radio play. The video may help but if she wants commercial success she needs to move her ass and promote. Regarding radio play this song is as radio friendly as any Lana song will ever get. But still, getting a hit is somewhat unpredictable. I would like it for Lana to have a hit on her own terms to forget that SS remix.

2. I asked myself if I would like her to have a hit with HBTB? The song is catchy in every part but it is a little bit simplistic (like most hits anyway). The lyrics are better than on HM, more relatable and she's out of her usual motives of a damsel in distress. I like a feisty Lana.

3. Will she promote? Her interview with Zane Lowe was cute, she seems happy and there wasn't any "what the fuck she just said" moments. But her problem is getting back in the spotlight, on TV. I hope that she will have the courage to go on TV because I suspect that she changed her way of singing live (as far as I observed on her ES tour videos). On the other hand, her dolce vita with Francesco in Italy doesn't hint towards a sudden promoting effort from her.

4. How will be the the video for HBTB? I'm anxious because I didn't liked any video of hers since (included) Tropico. They are bland, neither artistic or commercial. HBTB needs something clever, but with a commercial appeal (you cannot expect 14-25 y.o people to love a video where the main guy is 70 y.o). From the snippet I fear something homemade but that would be uber trolling from her

I've tried to listen to the interview on radio, but I haven't understand if she said that the video will be release in A week or in THE week. Maybe I've heard wrong,English isn't my first language so it's been difficult for me to understand the full sentences

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

The sales are already going down in germany and it didn't even reach the top 20. that's pretty bad i think even west coast did better and it was released like a month after the world wide release.

the weeknd's sales increased to 0.9594 hbtb is probably gonna fall from the 1 later today  :poordat: (although it did way better than expected)

i76mrxw.png 

The sales are already going down in germany and it didn't even reach the top 20. that's pretty bad i think even west coast did better and it was released like a month after the world wide release.

Her main market is the US. If she will succeed in the US the rest of the world will follow. But Germany is a grey area for her for some time, they seem to have forgotten her. She's weak in the UK too