sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

Elton ? You're joking right? :)

funny you mentioned him, I just watched a 1 hour Ed Sheeran concert with Elton dueting with him for one of eltons songs..

Elton still trying to get to the 240,000 fans (3 nights) sold out at wembley stadium. I was blown away Ed Sheeran can draw crowds

that massive. He is huge as fuck right now. I like alot of his music, and he seems like a cool dude too. But had to laugh when Elton

John announced, he has to pass the torch to Ed. :)

Wow this tread is dead for 6 days now. Her lead single is nowhere interesting even for the people obsessed with her.

I followed the evolution of HBTB as I believe that has some hit potential. It's a catchy pop song with relatable lyrics. 

1. Radios are picking up the song but I don't know if the important ones. It is played in the US, UK, France or Germany? They talked to iheart radio executives about HBTB if I remember correctly. Well they made some snapchat jokes about her at least.

2. On twitter people are constantly tweeting about how much they like the song.

3. The video is meme worthy bad, but the ocean is blue and Lana is sexy, the whole thing has a strange dynamic that makes it strangely watchable. Now has 12 mil. views in 12 days (1 mil/day but is going down).

4. On the US itunes HBTB is on 55 and going down. I don't know if is that high because of the album pre-orders, but the sales are weak anyway.

5. On Spotify she has 5.665.236 streams. That makes it 377.682 streams/day compared with Cool For The Summer which has 728.777 streams/day.

5. I saw a billboard article where HBTB was on 65 on the next hot 100 (going down 14 places with all the streams counted i suppose). 

So the prospects are looking rather grim for HBTB. I hope tho that HBTB becomes a sleeper hit.

I don't understand her attitude towards promoting her music tbh. Quality artists like St. Vincent or Father John Misty were all over the televisions with their music and they sell a fraction of what Lana sells without promotion. It makes no sense to not want to perform your on music. I'm very disappointed by her attitude so far. This is beyond the laziness theory, she is terrified of performing. Think of the Weeknd performance of Prisoner at Billboard 100, I cannot picture any current recognizable female artist that wouldn't take the opportunity to go on stage with Abel.

@-

Lana is NOT everybody else. 

Nor would a unique person be unique if they were everyone else

Why, just read in Billboard Miley Cyrus is releasing a one-off album, with her pop lyrics combining with the Flaming Lips leader Wayne's psycadelic guitars/sounds

Glory be, Miley is again copying Lana having production by Dan Auerbach.

I am not a Miley liker or dislike. I don't seek out her material, nor is she unique.

So to all those who want Lana to be everyone else, I say, THANK GOD Lana is not everyone else. That is what makes her special.

She don't give a shit about singles.

Just having a #1 or #2 or Top 10 album is enough for AN ALBUM ARTIST.

Who releases albums so they could be heard Cut 1 to the final cut on the album proper.

So Lana is doing what Rick Nelson wrote-

As Rick Nelson sang and wrote "Seems you can't please everyone so you, got to please yourself.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Lana is NOT everybody else. 

I'm agreeing with you on this: Lana is NOT everybody else. 

Lana is different because she was the most viciously attacked artist at the beginning of her/his career that I heard of. There are people out there that hate her with passion and I'm not talking about stupid fans of other artists, I'm referring to the half of the american music journalists and industry people. They are so hateful that they even embarrass themselves trying to shade her, like Anthony Fantano did (the so called "Pitchfork of YouTube"). see here his mockery of HBTB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBdKEaUULU

Quality is subjective and no matter how good you are, people who irrationally hate you will always find a way to take you down. She's not depressed without a reason, she feels these things and because of them she's terrified to perform outside her fandom. She's practically a crippled artist now, she's not recognized by the industry, last year's Grammy snub of Ultraviolence was clear message that she has no place in the establishment.

Commercial success is, on the other hand, something quantifiable, hard numbers that you cannot argue with. The critics slated BTD but after charting for ever I read lines from a former hater when he reviewed UV that "millions and millions of Lana fans cannot be wrong" and something must be good in her music.

She has a bad karma unfortunately, some of it was her fault because she din't take seriously her public relations (see some of her interviews) and she had an awful management since the beginning. More people are relating to her in the US by that SNL fiasco than to an artist that has some interesting tunes out. 

Plus, I think that we overestimated her fandom. Her tragic Spotify numbers regarding HBTB are a clear sign that those 3 mil followers are not fans.The hard core Lana fans are more close to the number of the subscribers to the Honeymoon Instagram account. So she could shrink from millions to a couple of hundred of thousands of albums sold this era if she's not aware of this. As some said in other treads the album sales of HM could be even weaker than UV. You have to promote to activate that potential buyer base because many of them are not even aware that HBTB is out or she will have a new album out.

As a conclusion she needs at least some commercial success to be recognized qualitatively because otherwise she will be always the artist who makes ”bad” music loved by a bunch of weirdos.

@

Ultraviolence hit #1

BTD was #2 and is still charting

Honeymoon one would think is guaranteed Top 3 unless they fix it bad again (as of the moment there is really no other big album that week. Keith Richards solo won't be a #1 contender. Unless there is a surprise it would seem unlikely she don't get 1 or 2.

The awards will come in writing, in the proper placement of a cover version perhaps. Took Brian Wilson 40 years before he got his first grammy

She is doing what male singers have done since day one. Never did you hear anyone question the authenticity of Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Simon & Garfunkel (who like Lana had a surprise hit when an acoustic song was

electrified without their knowledge (Sounds of Silence)

If say she remains a niche artist, well, Leonard Cohen has done nicely and Lana's sales actually have topped his lifetime sales and he is 80.

One day we will be walking through the food store and hearing Video Games and West Coast and High by the beach in spite of it.

America is not overly kind to individual females who don't adapt to what the male based industry wants of them.

The record industry itself doesn't like people going outside the line either...

That she still is here and basically giving the finger to the industry and everyone is quite like Johnny Cash's famous picture that later appeared in a Billboard magazine ad after radio programmers wouldn't play his version of "Hurt"

http://images1.houstonpress.com/imager/u/orignal/6779976/billboard_adfeb6.jpg

Lana should do a version of that ©photo

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I'm agreeing with you on this: Lana is NOT everybody else. 

Lana is different because she was the most viciously attacked artist at the beginning of her/his career that I heard of. There are people out there that hate her with passion and I'm not talking about stupid fans of other artists, I'm referring to the half of the american music journalists and industry people. They are so hateful that they even embarrass themselves trying to shade her, like Anthony Fantano did (the so called "Pitchfork of YouTube"). see here his mockery of HBTB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBdKEaUULU

Quality is subjective and no matter how good you are, people who irrationally hate you will always find a way to take you down. She's not depressed without a reason, she feels these things and because of them she's terrified to perform outside her fandom. She's practically a crippled artist now, she's not recognized by the industry, last year's Grammy snub of Ultraviolence was clear message that she has no place in the establishment.

Commercial success is, on the other hand, something quantifiable, hard numbers that you cannot argue with. The critics slated BTD but after charting for ever I read lines from a former hater when he reviewed UV that "millions and millions of Lana fans cannot be wrong" and something must be good in her music.

She has a bad karma unfortunately, some of it was her fault because she din't take seriously her public relations (see some of her interviews) and she had an awful management since the beginning. More people are relating to her in the US by that SNL fiasco than to an artist that has some interesting tunes out. 

Plus, I think that we overestimated her fandom. Her tragic Spotify numbers regarding HBTB are a clear sign that those 3 mil followers are not fans.The hard core Lana fans are more close to the number of the subscribers to the Honeymoon Instagram account. So she could shrink from millions to a couple of hundred of thousands of albums sold this era if she's not aware of this. As some said in other treads the album sales of HM could be even weaker than UV. You have to promote to activate that potential buyer base because many of them are not even aware that HBTB is out or she will have a new album out.

As a conclusion she needs at least some commercial success to be recognized qualitatively because otherwise she will be always the artist who makes ”bad” music loved by a bunch of weirdos.

@, I watched those clips, and they are fricken nasty dude. Kinda had to laugh at the needle one on HBTB, but who are those people?

cant they be sued for slander and defamatory comments LOL.. seriously nasty comments.. surpised the hell outta moi..

definately lots of haters out there. Like big time haters.. :facepalm: