sweetie

SINGLE: "High By The Beach"

and now radio statatios in Europe ain't promoting her either who were quite supportive, even during UV. I mean, it is the first time that Radio 1 is not playlisting one of her singles. but hey, if she wants it that way....

If they dont playlist her song, thats not her fault lol, BBC Radio 1 decide what they want to play, and the fact that lana is 30 now, can be a big part of why they arent playlisting her song now. They are ageist, cause their audience is 15-20 at most maybe they think she's not appealing anymore to their audience, and she did an interview with them to premiere the song, so its not like she didnt care for that radio 

Some of you make it sound like this is some kind of huge catastrophy for Lana. She and her team surely must have seen this coming since they're hardly completely oblivious to how much she's actually been selling, I mean Interscope doesn't depend on Billboard to provide them with that information right? So I'd be surprised if this comes as a shock for Lana, the only real losers in this mess are Billboard, Nielsen Music and the gullible Lana fans (me included) who didn't check if the numbers added up before they started celebrating. And disappointing as it is, I don't see how it would have any negative effect on the rest of this era at all. No one will care in a month except maybe some pressed little monsters on atrl.

Actually, this mess should bring a lot more attention to hbtb than if Billboard and Nielsen Music had gotten the numbers right from the start. I wouldn't be surprised if all this actually helps Lana commercially.

Some of you make it sound like this is some kind of huge catastrophy for Lana. She and her team surely must have seen this coming since they're hardly completely oblivious to how much she's actually been selling, I mean Interscope doesn't depend on Billboard to provide them with that information right? So I'd be surprised if this comes as a shock for Lana, the only real losers in this mess are Billboard, Nielsen Music and the gullible Lana fans (me included) who didn't check if the numbers added up before they started celebrating. And disappointing as it is, I don't see how it would have any negative effect on the rest of this era at all. No one will care in a month except maybe some pressed little monsters on atrl.

Actually, this mess should bring a lot more attention to hbtb than if Billboard and Nielsen Music had gotten the numbers right from the start. I wouldn't be surprised if all this actually helps Lana commercially.

Lol Billboard aint losing shit

Lol Billboard aint losing shit

They lose credibility. This should be embarrassing for them, they posted an article that was up for a long time before they edited it, stating that Lana debuted at #7 with 248k in sales when it was actually #51 with 67k sold. That is a huge error and it shouldn't be allowed to happen to the world's most influential chart.

They lose credibility. This should be embarrassing for them, they posted an article that was up for a long time before they edited it, stating that Lana debuted at #7 with 248k in sales when it was actually #51 with 67k sold. That is a huge error and it shouldn't be allowed to happen to the world's most influential chart.

i know all that, they wont get shit for this, no one will call them out, on the other hand lana will be called a flop

M E S S :oprah2: :oprah2: :oprah2: We're gonna get dragged to the pits of hell for the next week lmao, anyways, HBTB is a BOP so who cares about the charts? This era will come for our weaves

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

i know all that, they wont get shit for this, no one will call them out, on the other hand lana will be called a flop

Sure, Lana will be called a flop by members of other fanbases who are completely unimportant. I'd be surprised if Billboard's clumsiness went unnoticed in their part of the industry but I'm really not an expert so I shouldn't talk. 

However none of that matters imo, as I said I don't think this will have a negative effect on Lana's sales or her reputation in the big picture, so let the haters have their little fun I guess.

Was a bit surpised to see such a huge mistake..

but for me, its more important that i like the song she makes, then any chart position she gets..

although i understand chart numbers as an artist of course are desirable..

at the end of the day..

i'd rather love the song, and it charts where it charts, then her creating a song, i don't really like, and that one getting the high chart..

like Lana said in the past..(about her music), 'its for me, its all for me".. i kinda feel the same way..

I like HBTB, not as much as other songs, but its good. the video is great IMO.. :)

we still have a a full album of songs coming shortly, might be some great gems in there.. very excited to hear it.. :hawt:

In my opinion (cue RHOC gif) everyone here is too concerned with charts to confirm their stanning for lana to understand whats actually going on here. Lana is undoubtedly (shown by legitimate, undisputed statistics) one of the most streamed female artists. Essentially, this goes to show that her music is mostly made up of growers, not showers. I think people are too focused on controversy rather than whats real, which is that lana is damn near being the most popular female artist (streaming wise). Just because her music isn't a hit right off the bat, that doesn't mean it isn't being appreciated by the GP. For this reason it seems ridiculous to seek validation from the GP when your fave releases something new. Give it time and I'm sure lana will chart very well. 

As much as it sucks that billboard made such a substantial error (that may well have not been accidental) there is not much we can do other than believe in the true artist that we all know Lana is. Enjoy the track and praise it for the beautiful song it is.

33fcc3c.jpg

Lana's had a spotty track record at best with her singles, shes not a singles artist on the charts so i dont see how any of this matters. Her buying crowd are of mixed aged and compared to whats usually hot on the charts dare i say a lot of her audience is generally older? at least thats what i noticed at her show, all the younger ones right at the front in a big group screaming and crying like the juveniles they are and 60% of the rest of the crowd just chill sitting back enjoying it, all older. Older people don;t give a fuck about buying singles and where they chart tbh. They'll buy her album and buy a ticket to her show, thats it.

She's always about albums and they have all done well so far. Even Ultraviolence still managed to sell over a million with heaps of people "not liking this compared to BTD" because of the sound change and barely any hit singles or major promo. We have major artists flopping left and right after a couple hit singles and after ONE album, let's keep it real.

I've noticed this too.. I love Lana, especially her unreleased stuff and a lot of the songs nobody is here for but I'm also not 15 years old and High By The Beach is the last single I've brought since since the Lana del Rey EP .I'm always there day 1 for the album though.When I listen to Lana with my friends who like her, we're hanging around drinking or smoking, when I listen to her alone I'm usually just chilling. People are always surprised I even stan her because her fans have that same rep that Marina, etc fans have at concerts. It's crazy, and a mood killer, especially when you actually listen to the stuff they're writing about.

"HE HIT ME AND IT FELT LIKE A KISSS SLAAAY MOTHER"

"DEAD, DEAD LIKE YOOOU YAAAS"

"TASTE LIKE A GIG PARTY BACK ON THE SAUCE YES DRINK UP THAT DADDY LIQUOR RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC KWEEN"

tZ7WN4B.gif

The point is, that it appeared to happen organically.

She don't go for singles, and at the end of the day just hitting the charts means the same line in the Whitburn books no matter what the number.

Same like Harry Chapin got a surprise #1 even though radio hated his songs and Leonard Cohen has never even hit the American singles charts

(His Hallelujah never even charted and Jeff Buckley's barely charted only after it was in I think, West Wing.)

That one person in particular called me a liar for saying it was #7, when Billboard magazines log-in page and main internet page said it was, means they fucked up

and not that I lied.

I don't know what international source some of you use for America's chart number, but Billboard itself said #7 and changed it to #51, something

that has never happened in their history on the singles charts, and only once (with Britney Spears album a few years ago where it was suppose to be #1

but only was #2 due to an overnight rule change

By tomorrow no one will even know this, except for those negative people that are smirking that it's a bomb.(#51 for a person who doesn't go for singles i

is still better than most anyhow, and they can't take her #1 and #2 album away from her.

The oddity is, another two hours it would have been official and they would not have changed it. (It would have as they say gone to print).

That they publicly gave it then took it away is shameful.

But then Billboard magazine last year, when Lana debuted Ultraviolence at #1 on the LP chart, and that Lana imitator Sam Smith was #2, solely focused on him

and not her. Because he plays the game and spent more than 2 hours up at Billboard's NYC office. (Same Sam Smith that did the exact same thing on SNL

yet his was loved by the media and hers was hated. I didn't hear Lyin' Brian Williams send out tweets on how unprofessional he was. Just goes to show.

An imitator is loved, an original who doesn't play by the rules is slapped down viciously in the media.

The great thing is, Sam never did hit #1 while she did.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I've noticed this too.. I love Lana, especially her unreleased stuff and a lot of the songs nobody is here for but I'm also not 15 years old and High By The Beach is the last single I've brought since since the Lana del Rey EP .I'm always there day 1 for the album though.When I listen to Lana with my friends who like her, we're hanging around drinking or smoking, when I listen to her alone I'm usually just chilling. People are always surprised I even stan her because her fans have that same rep that Marina, etc fans have at concerts. It's crazy, and a mood killer, especially when you actually listen to the stuff they're writing about.

"HE HIT ME AND IT FELT LIKE A KISSS SLAAAY MOTHER"

"DEAD, DEAD LIKE YOOOU YAAAS"

"TASTE LIKE A GIG PARTY BACK ON THE SAUCE YES DRINK UP THAT DADDY LIQUOR RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC KWEEN"

giphy.gif

What if they really say it out loud like the iconic "LANA!!!! Fart On My Face!!!!" guy....

giphy.gif

Someone should do a mash up or suggest a duet between Lana's HBTB and Elton John Believe.

One can splice it together and have a helleva duet.

its an esoteric meaning connecting the two, between haters and negative and love as a positive.

After all, I believe love is getting high by the beach without haters intruding and kicking sand in ones face.

(and again, if at the end of the video, the magazine that floats from the now gone helicopter would be billboard, it wouldn't disappoint me)

Hopefully Lana will have the last laugh having another Top 5 debut of her new album, prefably at #1 if the powers that be allow that.

(I await to see what proverbial grenade they toss in the way to stop it from going #1.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp