Sign in to follow this  
naachoboy

Lana interview with Annie Mac for BBC Radio 1

I like  how she sounded genuinely happy. I mean I know she's never really "sounded depressed" on an interview. But she was giggly and seemed to be actually ready to promote.

someone on PJ who knows people on her team said something like UV was supposed to be a huge fuck you to the label from the artwork to slowing down WC instead of speeding it up

If that is indeed true -- and this person does know quite a bit about other artists -- I think Lana just wanted to prove she didn't need to promote any of her stuff for it to be successful. She nearly sold out a tour and had a #1 album. Although it wasn't as commercially successful, she was obviously pissed at their control after reading the quotes from Paul Epworth.

Now that she's got that out of her system perhaps she's more compliant with doing things the label asks, but then again he said she does whatever she wants and the label just goes with it

BzhmW.png

someone on PJ who knows people on her team said something like UV was supposed to be a huge fuck you to the label from the artwork to slowing down WC instead of speeding it up

If that is indeed true -- and this person does know quite a bit about other artists -- I think Lana just wanted to prove she didn't need to promote any of her stuff for it to be successful. She nearly sold out a tour and had a #1 album. Although it wasn't as commercially successful, she was obviously pissed at their control after reading the quotes from Paul Epworth.

Now that she's got that out of her system perhaps she's more compliant with doing things the label asks, but then again he said she does whatever she wants and the label just goes with it

Rebellious independent woman who don't need no label :hdu: 

New theory (lol): The first verse and bridge of HBTB is a "Love Song"-esque screw you to the label. "You want something to sell, here it is" 

tZ7WN4B.gif