letsescapelizzy

Honeymoon Sales

You don't discuss though, that's the thing. You argue, you contradict and you slate. There's no heat here, you're just argumentative and want to get your point across a million times with a million different reasons because, clearly, you think your opinion means a ton more than the rest of ours do. If there is any heat, you're creating it. If you want to make my (not actually that) long answer short, I never said once "who the fuck are you", I asked what your negativity problem is.

I don't have any. I simply say things as they are when it comes to this issue, I mean, charts and sales. If you feel better if I post "imo" after every time I post, I am not sorry, it's not gonna happen. If you feel better if I post a gif or a smiley every single time, I am once again not sorry, that it ain't gonna happen.

If I don't feel trolled by you or this grahamdude, I will react respectfully. There are people on here who have contributed to this site in many ways and I respect that. You ain't one them. That's all.

It baffles me that people get defensive when you point out that there is a negative trend and try to blame it on me as if I have the power to cause it.

I am sorry to inform you, but I am not somebody who tells people to not buy Lana's music. I bought all of her albums actually.

And I will say this to you for the last time before I put you on my ignore list now: numbers don't lie. Numbers never lie.

I don't have any. I simply say things as they are when it comes to this issue, I mean, charts and sales. If you feel better if I post "imo" after every time I post, I am not sorry, it's not gonna happen. If you feel better if I post a gif or a smiley every single time, I am once again not sorry, that it ain't gonna happen.

If I don't feel trolled by you or this grahamdude, I will react respectfully. There are people on here who have contributed to this site in many ways and I respect that. You ain't one them. That's all.

It baffles me that people get defensive when you point out that there is a negative trend and try to blame it on me as if I have the power to cause it.

And I will say this to you for the last time before I put you on my ignore list now: numbers don't lie. Numbers never lie.

The fact that not once have I ever received a respectful or kind reply from you disproves that point right there. For that matter, I've never seen you post a positive reply to anyone!

Darn, you just beat me to it!

great post.

Note how quick LV calls everyone who doesn't want to put up with the negativity a troll when in fact LV is the classic negative troll,

the person on every youtube and comment that tries to get the first word in to be negative.

We can say enough of the bullshit hatred and we don't have to be bullied here

and LV does it by starting a fake meme and then people take it as real, so they already follow up with a slight negative leading to more and more

ENOUGH

Lana supporters have had to deal with hatred now for years, and Lana has beaten the haters

Why do we have to be subjected to the hatred here?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@leaked_version I've been trying to avoid saying this but I can't hold back any longer: seriously, what is your problem? Honestly, are you only here to argue against people who don't agree with your opinion what is clearly the only true way to see things? "Honeymoon is a flop and if you say otherwise you're wrong. TBD isn't a career highlight because I SAID SO (but I'll pass it off as sarcasm later when I'm getting hate for it)." You're so negative - can you not say something positive without tacking something negative onto the end? What the fuck is your problem? This is a place where we discuss Lana, one of our favourite artists. I honestly think (bare in mind I've only been on the boards for ~ 2 months) that you're like the anomaly in a science experiment that drags all of the data down (except you're the negativity that drags the positivity of this otherwise lovely community). Have you always been like this? Do you genuinely spend your time on the LanaBoards (pretty much 8 months out of the past ~ 2 years) contradicting everyone and trying to get them to see your opinion the only way things can be interpreted? Maybe I'm just extremely naive and you're the biggest troll in the history of forever, but I think the moment I realised you weren't was when you told me that Lana was a pop singer signed to a major label. That's honestly the most vague thing you could ever say. That's the same as saying Lana's a fish in an ocean. If you genuinely spend all of your time in these forums slating Lana, you seriously need to evaluate what you spend your time doing.

:mariah:

Holy crap, y'all.. wtf? this is a public forum lol.. everyone has opinions, and artists require both positive and negative thoughts..

otherwise whats the point in any discussions if we all either only hate or love?

respect everyones opinions even if you dont agree.

Its all opinions here. thats it. No one here knows Elizabeth Grant anyway lmfao :giggle: .. get a grip people, and get some fresh air

and go talk to some old ladies and children out in a park or something..

there are so many deluded people here its amazing.. hope i ain't becoming one.. :smokes2:

probably too late.. we are all crazy here. certified. bring ma pills bitches..

good weekdn y'all.. :)

Look, you are the type of guy who will hunt down every quote, every rarity, everything interesting, dig it out of the net and post it, which is a great contribution to this fandom.

And I am the type of guy who likes some statistics and stuff. It's not important to the actual art to what you listen to now as an outcome, the album, however it is also a part of being a recording artist and does impact if the artist will be able to continue making their art. At least in the way we know her to do it.

As a fan, I am also interested in that aspect since it affects the future.

We all have our particular areas of interest. I actually appreciate that sales numbers are one of yours since it's not one of mine, but I'm sometimes curious about them and it's nice to be able to find that information right here on the forum. I just think the extent of your fixation on sale numbers causes you to overemphasize their importance, and in a way that I think detracts unnecessarily from appreciation of the music. The idea that her current sales figures (or even their current trend) realistically endanger her ability to continue making great art seems far-fetched to me, at best. (Yeah, she might not be able to make another Tropico, but that wouldn't exactly be a bad thing, in my opinion.) And if they don't pose any risk, why does it really matter?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Its a flop tbh, its doing worse than UV with better music videos, but with less hype.

considering she didn't even promoted this album she did really well. Just compare her to some "pop" artist that have hit singles, promotional campaign and performances on every tv show and some of them can't really reach these numbers. 

considering she didn't even promoted this album she did really well. Just compare her to some "pop" artist that have hit singles, promotional campaign and performances on every tv show and some of them can't really reach these numbers.

shes doing worse than all the pop star right now, including Trashley

Pop stars*

That doesn't matter anyway. If you fail at school your failure won't be justified by the fact that you didn't prepare yourself for the tests. It just makes you look like more of a fool since you knew what were doing and you knew you would fail, but still went for it regardless. Who wants to fail btw?

We all have our particular areas of interest. I actually appreciate that sales numbers are one of yours since it's not one of mine, but I'm sometimes curious about them and it's nice to be able to find that information right here on the forum. I just think the extent of your fixation on sale numbers causes you to overemphasize their importance, and in a way that I think detracts unnecessarily from appreciation of the music. The idea that her current sales figures (or even their current trend) realistically endanger her ability to continue making great art seems far-fetched to me, at best. (Yeah, she might not be able to make another Tropico, but that wouldn't exactly be a bad thing, in my opinion.) And if they don't pose any risk, why does it really matter?

If that was true, BTD would be my favourite album and not UV. 

Making an album is an expensive thing to do for the label. Paying the producers, paying for the studio, paying musicians, pressing CD's, video and promo and album cover shoots, eventual promo spots on TV and radio.

And these are all the things the label pays for before the album even drops.

When sales are this low, you srsly wonder for how long an artist with minimal exposure and now also unimpressive sales and streaming numbers will be able to continue malking their art in the way we know.

That is actually a pretty interesting question not just for Lana, but for artists in general. For how long will we take it for granted that artists can release albums and for how long will some artists dismiss their priviledge to be a recording artist by not putting their music out there and actually work.

And no, I am not talking about a Tropico type of a video and budget. God beware we get an atrocity like Tropico again which was the only time I really disliked anything that had to do with Lana. Priducers need to be paid, musicians need to be paid etc just like I mentioned above.

she outsold Revival first week sales and Confidents projected sales, she also outsold Halsey...but by like 5 thousand  :ohno:

Halsey already took her down in sales in the US. And the gap will just become bigger the more time moves on, Selena and Demi also have a shot to outsell her. Selena has a second big hit now and her album sales will stabilize. Demi might have a chance since Demi is always interested in performing and promoting. 

But hoiw random, that in 2015 we disucuss artsts like Trashley, Selena Gomez and Fatti Lovato when the only female albums between 2012 and 204 that have outsold Lana were Adele's "21" (which was actually released 2011) and Taylor Swift's "Red" and now wer are down to former Disney girls.

shes doing worse than all the pop star right now, including Trashley

Pop stars*

Didn't she did slightly better than Halsey and now Selena and maybe Demi ( first week sales)?

- Lana ( 105 pure sales)

- Halsey ( 97k pure sales)

- Selena ( 86k pure sales)*not sure about this one but that's the number I saw somewhere

It's not a competition but Lana did well. Her problem ( since Paradise) is longevity because she drops an album and then forget about it.

That doesn't matter anyway. If you fail at school your failure won't be justified by the fact that you didn't prepare yourself for the tests. It just makes you look like more of a fool since you knew what were  doing and you know you would fail, but still went for it regardless. Who wants to fail btw?

It's not the best example in this scenario. This is more like when you do a test at school and you know you're not going to get good grades but then in the end your  final result is better than you expected. 

Except that the results were not better than expected.

Why not? If these "disney girls" with heavy promotional campaigns and tv performances and hit singles aren't able to sell more than an artist that basically advertised her new album only on instagram I would consider a good result. 

Just imagine how much money Interscope spent with an album with 15 producers and more than 38 writers (Revival). Without mentioning costs of musicians, studios and how Max Martin it's expensive, marketing and etc and probably more tracks produced that didn't make it. John Janick ( new Interscope CEO) loves to talk about Selena every chance he can because obviously it costed them a lot of money and she's his first signed artist. Then imagine the look on his face when she sells less than an artist that he probably doesn't care because she isn't "marketable". That is bad. Lana? Not so much. Of course her sales are declining but her music is getting less and less comercial too. I would bet the decline has more to do with this than the promotional that you guys love to talk about like is going to save her career if she appears in tv show when it's clear that it doesn't work like that.

That doesn't matter anyway. If you fail at school your failure won't be justified by the fact that you didn't prepare yourself for the tests. It just makes you look like more of a fool since you know what were  doing and you know you would fail, but still went for it regardless. Who wants to fail btw?

Except studying doesn't really cost anything. A lot of the kind of promotion you're talking about does. It's an investment proposition. How much of a return you get for how much of an investment. I can very easily imagine a hypothetical scenario where Lana might have sold more copies of an album-- enough not to be a "flop" by your standards-- but got there by spending so much on promotion that she actually made less money on it. How much is spent on production and promotion and such absolutely does matter. Take ARTPOP for example. While I think reports of ARTPOP being a commercial "flop" were exaggerated-- it was hugely successful in absolute terms-- to the extent that it was a flop, it was only a flop in the sense that it failed to live up to the impossible standard of matching the unsustainable sales success of her previous albums, the label made too much physical product based on overly optimistic projections, and they were rumored to have spent a shitload on promo. Lana, likewise, remains hugely successful in absolute terms, but will likely never match the commercial success of BTD. But I don't think her label has any illusions about that at this point and I don't think they're overspending on production or promotion. I think she'll be just fine.

Making an album is an expensive thing to do for the label. Paying the producers, paying for the studio, paying musicians, pressing CD's, video and promo and album cover shoots, eventual promo spots on TV and radio.

And these are all the things the label pays for before the album even drops.

When sales are this low, you srsly wonder for how long an artist with minimal exposure and now also unimpressive sales and streaming numbers will be able to continue malking their art in the way we know.

Sure, but I just don't think the sales she's doing place her in any danger of not covering those costs. I don't think Lana spent all that much making either of the last two albums. I think you're being extremely alarmist.

I mean, we have like a hundred songs this girl recorded that she sold zero copies of. Zero. And now that she's selling hundreds of thousands of albums you think that's not enough for her to be able to keep fucking doing what she's fucking doing? Gimme a break.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.