letsescapelizzy

Honeymoon Sales

someone mentioned Katy awhile ago.. excuse me, but she is the only artist to get 5,!  #1 top singles from one album. ( a few years ago)

not even the Beatles, Elvis Presley, or Madonna have done that. Check your facts before posting false info, whomever it was.. lol..

not sure if Taylor has beaten that record yet, i think she is close..

anyway, not important any of that, i'm very happy for Katy's and Taylor's success and anyone else really, but its apples and oranges.

Lana is completely different from that scene, and successful in her way. I never compare artists, its pointless really.

She's still trash, wack ass white trash 

She's still trash, wack ass white trash 

Katy's 'Teenage Dream' era was fantastic! Every video had amazing visuals and as an era it was so well done. Im assuming you're talking about Katy.

qsVmBMd.png

Katy's 'Teenage Dream' era was fantastic! Every video had amazing visuals and as an era it was so well done. Im assuming you're talking about Katy.

She makes basic pop music for the basic people that listen to the radio. 

opinions every dumb asshole has one.. :) and racist too? 

basic bitches everywhere.. :brows:

yet no one can intelligently respond with the album sales we are talking about LMFAO..

this fanbase is finishing fast into oblivion.. c'mon people, y'all can do better.. maybe not..lol..

For comparison sakes

just this week, Lana's first week totals for Honeymoon would have surprassed by far  Pentatnoix(who have the #1) and Demi Lovato in album sales

and well, Adele better sell 30million worldwide and 11.2 million in USA otherwise she is a total failure according to logic of some of the posters here.

And Adele just disappeared for a few years, no photo ops, no layouts, no boyfriend news, no nothing at all. (and Adele's song reeks of her stealing Video Games chords) as does Taylor Swift's #1 song which is a 100% direct

steal (other artists would have already sued and gotten a writing credit)

So if Adele only sells 5million, she will be branded by the same Debbie downers and sad sams as a total and utter failure, right???

:lmao: :hooker: :D

If Lana cared about more sales, she easily could have tacked on as bonus hits some of her movie songs, or her duet with Weeknd could be included, many times in the past same song is on 2 current albums

Meanwhile if Weeknd's lp is nominated for best album, that means Lana gets a best album grammy nomination (and same if it wins).

And Lana gets a % of every single copy Weeknd sells

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Yes, some of the best albums/music to fans, are sometimes the least commercial.

Music is really such a Subjective thing. (opinions).

Charts, sales and commercial success etc, are very Objective. (factual).

I guess the only person effected truly is the artist, while fans can all enjoy the music irregardless. (as long as it keeps coming.)

@@SuperMegaStan

it's a great achievement

despite the same old same old 2 resident haters keep the hate going strong (go through every post and one is hard pressed to ever come across one that is not shaded and bathed in 100% negativity 24/7/365

(and btw, Drake still never has a #1 single, so I guess Karma kicked him in the ass for dropping his record  and keeping Lana at #2 even though she had sales worthy of #1 in so many other weeks this year

(Drake btw achieved less sales than the prior  one (so do the 2 resident H'ers think Drake is a bomb) and Adele kept him out of the #1 (and if she don't hit 30Million world wide, I guess applying it to Lana standards

Adele will have the biggest bomb of all time (an analogy)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@SuperMegaStan

it's a great achievement

despite the same old same old 2 resident haters keep the hate going strong (go through every post and one is hard pressed to ever come across one that is not shaded and bathed in 100% negativity 24/7/365

(and btw, Drake still never has a #1 single, so I guess Karma kicked him in the ass for dropping his record  and keeping Lana at #2 even though she had sales worthy of #1 in so many other weeks this year

(Drake btw achieved less sales than the prior  one (so do the 2 resident H'ers think Drake is a bomb) and Adele kept him out of the #1 (and if she don't hit 30Million world wide, I guess applying it to Lana standards

Adele will have the biggest bomb of all time (an analogy)

HE HAS IT COMING  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Adele is now doing the right thing after she blocked BTD's debut.

25, a truly "Make-up" record  :creep:

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRey/status/659606032184807424

well, at least she's "proud" of what she's achieved...  :diva:

can't tell whether it's self-dragging or not.. coz she's never been this "proud" of her debut/UV sales publicly on twitter  :troll: 

Well it could be sarcasm also, and self-dragging could mean she expected it to do (a lot) worse owing to the (LDR-perceived?) non-commercial nature for the album. However, if she sold more than Carly Rae Jepsen or Selena Gomez, how could she not be proud? I know she's not competing with them, but aren't they doing the promoting people expect of pop stars, and LDR still competes with them commercially (although I really think the way LDR promotes herself is underrated).

Well it could be sarcasm also, and self-dragging could mean she expected it to do (a lot) worse owing to the (LDR-perceived?) non-commercial nature for the album. However, if she sold more than Carly Rae Jepsen or Selena Gomez, how could she not be proud? I know she's not competing with them, but aren't they doing the promoting people expect of pop stars, and LDR still competes with them commercially (although I really think the way LDR promotes herself is underrated).

the most underrated thing in HM era is the shipment for her magazines  :toofunny:

still waiting for the book stores to import them.  :toofunny:

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRey/status/659606032184807424

well, at least she's "proud" of what she's achieved...  :diva:

can't tell whether it's self-dragging or not.. coz she's never been this "proud" of her debut/UV sales publicly on twitter  :troll: 

She's probably proud because she knew the album wouldnt be a commercial success with the music she made lol 

Have you all forgotten that in the US, Video Games was on the chart one week at #91 and Born to die (single) did NOT chart at all.

There was no actual hit single in America until the surprise out of the box remix of Summertime Sadness

These sales aren't good. Lana should be able to sell more or the streaming numbers should be way better. BTD will overtake HM soon on the BB200 which will be the third release that gets taken down by BTD quickly.

BTD didn't have any hits in the US (except the remix when the album was already almost Platinum), no big promo after American Idol and Letterman, but the album stayed stable with good numbers, so Gold or even Platinum was to be expected after a few months.

It's kinda sad since the music on HM is actually very good, it ain't uncommercial. It is as approachable as BTD, just in a different way. Sales climate has changed, but other acts who were no competition for Lana in any shape or form are doing better now. She should not be satisfied with these results. But hey, I can't speak for her.

I thought it was cute how she says she's proud of it. It's not official but I'm sure by how things turn out to be Interscope or Polydor gave her a hard time, If I could bet I would say she  fought ( like she did with UV) to release this album as it is. They obviously tried to set her up with Mark Ronson, she "leaked" her own song, she created HM instagram and promoted the album herself.

So yeah, I'm also really proud of her by that. Our girl isn't selling out and is doing the best of it considering the circumstances. I'm sure a bunch of other artist would die to have sales comparable to this.