AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

Just now, MrsButtersWERK said:

I don't understand why the album would consist of a would-be Transnation album, Transnation is/was it's own thing releasing it covered up as a posthumous album seems wrong and lazy doesn't it?

Wasn't Transnation scrapped before Sophie's death as well? It seems all the songs are Transnation songs so was the new album she was making before her death just gonna be Transnation again or?

Everything gets confusing because we just never had anything confirmed, only rumors and """leaks""". I don't think SOPHIE ever confirmed the album to be titled "TRANSNATION" and, AFAIA, we just know there was a scrapped "single release" with the music video leak. The "draft-tracklist" could mean just songs that were being worked on/close to being finished and strong contenders to what would become the "second album", also refered as "the Pop album that was close to being finished by the time of SOPHIE's passing" and they decided to give it the final adjustments along collaborators.

Honestly I... don't care about the title. Once again, we have no idea of what was being planned, but at least I see it as a definite moment and pretty respectful, even from the point of view that SOPHIE sadly won't be present physically to "build the world" as they probably intended. It's really just the beautiful music that was close to being done. Maybe these supposedly "cut songs" were not close to being done? Maybe SOPHIE literally cut them from the project?? And maybe we just need to wait for a final tracklist and presentation.

5 hours ago, Loon1e said:

I'm only going off the takedowns and the leaked Transnation tracklist and what's most likely. Sophie could've considered using Oh Yeah, Inside Out, Spliff In My Ear, The Way I Am at one point we just don't know it. The Transnation tracklist leak was just a draft so none of it was final decisions.

Burn Rubber isn't guaranteed to be included just because it's a fan favorite btw

The leaked tracklist didn't include any of them sans Burn Rubber was my point, of course it's subject to change, and hopefully has, but those have a real shot versus old abandoned demos and pitches/one offs. Also I meant she cherished Burm Rubber, still not guaranteed but two times more as likely to appear than anything else mentioned yk?

6 hours ago, MrsButtersWERK said:

I don't understand why the album would consist of a would-be Transnation album, Transnation is/was it's own thing releasing it covered up as a posthumous album seems wrong and lazy doesn't it?

What? Her brother already said that this is the album (Transnation for all it’s worth) that was basically finished before SOPHIE passed away. It was always supposed to come out. 

How is this lazy? 

2 hours ago, Time said:

What? Her brother already said that this is the album (Transnation for all it’s worth) that was basically finished before SOPHIE passed away. It was always supposed to come out. 

How is this lazy? 

That I wasn't aware of... That means the takedowns being on the album makes a lot of sense.

I think it is highly likely that we will have at least another single before the album; I feel like they have planned this through with visuals and other stuff to come. I don’t think there is any “fixed rule” with posthumous album releases.

44 minutes ago, Time said:

Does anyone still have the Heav3n set in HQ? The link on the D-site is unavailable:(

Do you mean the audio? I do; I can send it via pm

12 hours ago, rodamik said:

How likely is it for them to release another single before the album? I really have no idea how it works with posthumous releases 

Very likely, they'll just push through like any album cycle tbh. We're probably getting another single in August along with the album tracklist and then the full thing in September. If they really want to shift copies, I wouldn't be surprised at another extra single between August and the album release, especially if there's someone like Charli in there to attract attention.

Bibi Bourelly reposted Sophie related content on her ig stories yesterday. I always found their synergy and relationship to be wholesome and I really hope at least one of their collabs made it to the album <3

I’m so annoyed by the fact that I’m still not over her passing.

I just rewatched the Transnation video and am really lamenting what could’ve been, it just seems like she was ready to move into a completely new stage of her public existence, really feels as if she was ready to open up further

why aren't they trying to push it on tiktok or give it some sort of promo? especially considering since BRAT is all the rage now... like they can't get charli to lip sync to it once? they can't pay someone to make a dance? idk... this whole release feels so underwhelming and kinda random 

8 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

why aren't they trying to push it on tiktok or give it some sort of promo? especially considering since BRAT is all the rage now... like they can't get charli to lip sync to it once? they can't pay someone to make a dance? idk... this whole release feels so underwhelming and kinda random 

Idk, would this really feel appropriate for a posthumous release? What would be the point

2 minutes ago, Time said:

Idk, would this really feel appropriate for a posthumous release? What would be the point

Right. 

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

3 minutes ago, Time said:

well yes, but the whole point of this release is to finalise SOPHIE's "creative vision" and direction, which I'm assuming would have involved some sort of album rollout (video, etc.). what's the point of trying to even recreate that if you're not gonna deliver on it? why even create buzz or hype in the first place and not just surprise drop it?

i think her legacy should be celebrated and since her legacy is music the way to celebrate it would be playing it somewhere idk. not just have it on spotify so people who used to listen to the leaks on soundcloud can scrobble it on last.fm