AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

8vm8FAk.jpeg

Message from her family:

“Music and the future were always at the centre of Sophie’s world. From a very young age Sophie was taken to music festivals and raves, and it was the electronic sounds and futuristic rhythms of mainly underground dance music that really appealed to her. She was greatly influenced by the early work of artists emerging at that time such as Orbital, Moby, the Prodigy, as well as some more established acts like Pet Shop Boys and Kraftwerk. Those formative memories continued to inspire Sophie throughout her life and her own career.

As her love of electronic music continued to grow into her teenage years, she began to focus on her own experiments in music making. Especially drawn to synthesis, Sophie spent many years honing her skills; pushing the limits of what was possible, striving to create the shiniest, most metallic snares and the bounciest, bubbliest bass sounds. Moving into the 2010’s Sophie wanted to create something new and futuristic sounding, while maintaining her energy and endless sense of fun, something severely lacking in dance music at the time. These experiments culminated in Sophie’s seminal collection of singles ‘PRODUCT’.

While touring her own sets, as well as starting to produce pop music for other artists, Sophie and friends began developing ideas for her next era. With it she would introduce a more performative element. Until that point a publicly shy and retiring figure, Sophie emerged from the shadows with the ‘It’s Okay to Cry’ video. With the subsequent ‘Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides’ album and corresponding remix album and live shows, Sophie lets us into her world more, as we travel through space and time on a sonic adventure.

SOPHIE, the self-titled follow-up album, though always intended as a more accessible, more ‘pop’ sounding record, undoubtedly maintains Sophie’s uncompromising and infinitely ambitious outlook. Made with her brother and many of her closest friends and collaborators, the album sits somewhere between a SOPHIE live show in the clouds, a massive party in her recording studio and the sweatiest club you’ve ever been to hosted by SOPHIE and friends.

The future has always been a big part of Sophie, and we hope Sophie continues to be a big part of the future. As always with Sophie, exactly what comes next and what shape it takes remains to be seen. One thing is for sure, there is a lot more still to come.”

ignore this

ABRA - ADDISON RAE - AMAARAE - ARCA - BJÖRK - CARDOPUSHER - CAROLINE POLACHEK - CHARLI XCX - COBRAH - DOJA CAT - DOON KANDA - DUA LIPA - ELLIE GOULDING - ETHEL CAIN - FIONA APPLE - FKA TWIGS - GRIMES - HEIDI MONTAG - JANELLE MONÁE - KALI UCHIS - KELELA - KILO KISH - KISS FACILITY - KYLIE MINOGUE - LANA DEL REY - LORDE - MADONNA - OPN - PHOEBE BRIDGERS - PINKPANTHERESS - ROCHELLE JORDAN - ROSALÍA - SEGA BODEGA - SHYGIRL - SKY FERREIRA - SLAYYYTER - SOPHIE - SZA - T.A.T.U. - TAMARYN - TAYLOR SWIFT - TIM HECKER - TINASHE - TOMMY GENESIS

I know 11 songs that will be on the album but its not 100% reliable so I won't be sharing and since the tracklist is soon

but I do have reliable info from an insider who confirmed Sunscreen, Transnation, and Europe for the Summer!

8 minutes ago, Loon1e said:

I know 11 songs that will be on the album but its not 100% reliable so I won't be sharing and since the tracklist is soon

but I do have reliable info from an insider who confirmed Sunscreen, Transnation, and Europe for the Summer!

Before you guys believe this, this person has consistently spread fake rumours on Reddit and Discord throughout this entire campaign. They also harassed a reputable insider that they thought was SOPHIE's brother begging them to release Europe For The Summer. I think they're a kid tbh. 

where tf is my forever

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

2 minutes ago, czikszentmihalyi said:

Before you guys believe this, this person has consistently spread fake rumours on Reddit and Discord throughout this entire campaign. They also harassed a reputable insider that they thought was SOPHIE's brother begging them to release Europe For The Summer. I think they're a kid tbh. 

What? I have not and I actually got real info this time :toofloppy: The stuff I was saying on Reddit was based of what Hornet said but the stuff got delayed.

You can choose to believe or not I can care less since the tracklist is soon but whatever!

14 minutes ago, Loon1e said:

just stop oomf :creep: some things aren't worth seeming like an insider for

1 minute ago, Loon1e said:

What? I have not and I actually got real info this time :toofloppy: The stuff I was saying on Reddit was based of what Hornet said but the stuff got delayed.

You can choose to believe or not I can care less since the tracklist is soon but whatever!

The stuff you were saying on Reddit was not what Hornet said (for anyone who doesn't know, Hornet is a reputable and consistently accurate insider from the Discord server), you started off repeating their rumours and then used the trust you gained from that to make people believe your fake ones. You may well have real info this time, but nobody is gonna believe you when you've lied so much, especially when you're weirdly withholding stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Fetiche said:

Girl you just said it wasn’t reliable so you wouldn’t be sharing … which one is it?

I said the 11 track one I know about isn't reliable but the insider info I shared is reliable 

5 minutes ago, czikszentmihalyi said:

The stuff you were saying on Reddit was not what Hornet said (for anyone who doesn't know, Hornet is a reputable and consistently accurate insider from the Discord server), you started off repeating their rumours and then used the trust you gained from that to make people believe your fake ones. You may well have real info this time, but nobody is gonna believe you when you've lied so much, especially when you're weirdly withholding stuff. 

It's scary how much of you guys lie... I never did any of that and besides no one has to believe me idk why the entire Sophie community shits themselves when i speak lmao like OMG so childish

7 minutes ago, Loon1e said:

I said the 11 track one I know about isn't reliable but the insider info I shared is reliable 

It's scary how much of you guys lie... I never did any of that and besides no one has to believe me idk why the entire Sophie community shits themselves when i speak lmao like OMG so childish

the point is that today is not about you , or the information you might know, fellow SOPHIE fan!