annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

leakedversion-  it always seems like you take big delight in putting Lana down. Who needs haters when you and a few others appear to be the same trolls in every comment section on the internet (maybe you are.)

You bathe your posts in negatives.

Being that Drake is probably the biggest male recording act out there, no matter who released an album, Drake would be #1. And Drake has the 2 largest openings

(though mixtapes aren't really even LPS.)

This day and age, people dropping albums at last minute seem to work and beats those who announce in advance. (I mentioned this a few months ago when all the Debbie downers were saying there is no info coming out.

Lana could have sold 5x and still been #2.

So congratulations as you appear to be jumping for joy with your negative posts and most will be too timid to call you on it.

btw, speaking of inauthentic acts, Drake comes to mind. He is a rich tv star from Canada, who has zero credibility with actual rappers, and whose name is Aubrey (a girls name at that) who took a phony name and phony

persona yet nobody mentions any of that in the press. Again, its all the haters that keep putting Lana down and seem to be oh so happy at bad news.

Meanwhile- Lana has a Top 20 R&B/HipHop song on Billbard, this week, the one and only white person on that chart (and now ranks with Elton John and Elvis Presley and a few others who had their songs

enter the R&B/Hip-Hop Hot 100 charts.

and it will be interesting to see if Lana has a #1 in the US Vinyl album, and a #1 Album sales album  (as Drake is not a physical issue, he should not qualify for that.

And spent a full 7 days at #1 on I-tunes with the pre-sale and after sale. So forever, Honeymoon has #1's across the board.

but keep partying in negativity.

I try to be positive. But sometimes, one has to remark on the bullying and hatred one sees of Lana on the internet. Shame that it is right here on the Lana boards.

meanwhile Ryan Adams is copying Taylor Swift who is copying Lana.

The irony is drippingly delicious ain't it. (And Ryan's versions are better than Taylor's. How cool is that.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

leakedversion-  it always seems like you take big delight in putting Lana down. Who needs haters when you and a few others appear to be the same trolls in every comment section on the internet (maybe you are.)

Being that Drake is probably the biggest male recording act out there, no matter who released an album, Drake would be #1. And Drake has the 2 largest openings

This day and age, people dropping albums at last minute seem to work and beats those who announce in advance. (I mentioned this a few months ago when all the Debbie downers were saying there is no info coming out.

So congratulations as you appear to be jumping for joy with your negative posts and most will be too timid to call you on it.

btw, speaking of inauthentic acts, Drake comes to mind. He is a rich tv star from Canada, who has zero credibility with actual rappers, and whose name is Aubrey (a girls name at that) who took a phony name and phony

persona yet nobody mentions any of that in the press. Again, its all the haters that keep putting Lana down and seem to be oh so happy at bad news.

Meanwhile- Lana has a Top 20 R&B/HipHop song on Billbard, this week, the one and only white person on that chart (and now ranks with Elton John and Elvis Presley and a few others who had their songs

and it will be interesting to see if Lana has a #1 in the US Vinyl album, and a #1 Album sales album  (as Drake is not a physical issue, he should not qualify for that.

And spent a full 7 days at #1 on I-tunes with the pre-sale and after sale. So forever, Honeymoon has #1's across the board.

I try to be positive. But sometimes, one has to remark on the bullying and hatred one sees of Lana on the internet. Shame that it is right here on the Lana boards.

The irony is drippingly delicious ain't it. (And Ryan's versions are better than Taylor's. How cool is that.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I just can't at this ridiculousness

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

funny how some hyprocrits preach it, but then like to put down others like Taylor swift down..

like why would you want to? can't people have a mind and intelligence big enough

to accept other artists and singer songwriters?..guess it makes some people feel better..lmfao..

tbh the type of thinking Ms Del Rey would frown upon..and went thru herself..

HM is not going to do well, its true. Its not the type of record that will garnish huge sales. Its not the type of record that can be replayed

on radio stations 5 times a day. Its not for the general public listeners out there. we all new this after the first 2 songs leaked..

Having said that, we (or at least hopefully most of us), here on this fanbase, are in love with the work on this record.

We love lana's vocal delivery and the appeal of the album is fucking huge to us. To us. I love it. Its amazing.

I try to get people all the time, to like the music i love, even a little, and most people out there don't really give a fuck.

So now, i dont care amymore what anyone elses opinions on music and artists is. Its no biggie..

Why are you sooo obsessed with numbers, charts, numeric comparisons and money, like some banker? Musical legends from the past (which you permanently mention as a reference in mantra style) and their fans lived primarily for their music, and music was their passion, personal statement, way of expression and entire lifestyle, something to die for, pure pleasure and ecstasy. Yeah, they need bucks for survival and some dope supply :lel:, but love and art is what its all about (at least for idealists like me, and for auteurs that are not generic, plastic, soulless mannequin, instant sell-off starlets). You are jumping into your own mouth.  :lanasrs2:

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

shes a niche act, she always was, she just got lucky [and sounded a bit more accessible] with btd. the sales of ultraviolence were a side effect to the huge numbers of btd.

i dont know why some of you are watching charts and figures daily. her sales are only going to go down from here. some big name acts cant even sell that much, as if lana isnt going to suffer the same fate.

shes not taylor swift, we arent going to see her huge rise to fame over a decade with huge booming first week sales and world arena shows. her success was always going to shrink as she kept releasing music. especially when she DOESN;T sell herself like a damn popstar half the time.

its like some of you are completely unaware of the artist you've been following for the past 4 damn years.

shes debuting at #2 and top 5 in a lot of territories and you're disappointed???? :facepalm:

shes a niche act, she always was, she just got lucky [and sounded a bit more accessible] with btd. the sales of ultraviolence were a side effect to the huge numbers of btd.

i dont know why some of you are watching charts and figures daily. her sales are only going to go down from here. some big name acts cant even sell that much, as if lana isnt going to suffer the same fate.

shes not taylor swift, we arent going to see her huge rise to fame over a decade with huge booming first week sales and world arena shows. her success was always going to shrink as she kept releasing music. especially when she DOESN;T sell herself like a damn popstar half the time.

its like some of you are completely unaware of the artist you've been following for the past 4 damn years.

shes debuting at #2 and top 5 in a lot of territories and you're disappointed???? :facepalm:

she needs to finish lorde first. and halsey, too

Aubrey is a perfectly male name and are you seriously trying to shame him for having a supposedly girl's name? Are you still living in the 60s?

Also wikipedia says that Drake is his second name so how the hell is it supposed to be a phony name? You're so quick to put down other artists in order to elevate Lana to the status of all the legendary artists from the past

Pretty disappointing results so far this era.

Most likely a No.5 debut in Germany, No.2 in the UK, No.2 in the US but with a sales decrease of 35 % compared to UV and yeah. Overall, underwhelming numbers.She won't reach 30k in the UK. BTD opened up in the UK in a February with 117k.

her sales are ok, specially with the album sales climate rn, they keep decreasing plus without promo (big promo)

iconic singer/songwriter David Gates wrote "And Aubrey was her name" in his hit song "Aubrey" (he was the lead singer of Bread)

(Telly Savalas slayed with his cover of "It"

have nothing against Drake or Taylor or Mariah Or Celine or any of the cookie cutter acts that go for the #1 singles ad nauseum and years later

one can not remember even one of the songs they sang as all of them are so generic

Taylor probably doesn't realize Ryan Adams is making fun of her in his new 1989 album,(in a Weird Al sort of way), same way he gets shoutouts to sing "Summer of 69" in his shows because his name sounds like Bryan Adams.

Lana is iconic. Why some here don't seem to think so I have no idea. Fuck the haters. This is suppose to be the LANA board.

Not third rate imitators or those going for singles

You know, legendary cool actor Martin Milner (of Adam-12 and Route 66) just died. In his obits is a cool quote-

he says Hi

"People always thought I should be as big as the biggest superstars, but you know what, I never aspired to have to work it 24/7/365 to attain and then hold on to that status. So I guess that makes me a bum". What a great quote. His fans never forgot him and mourned his death, and Adam-12 is seen everyday on Cozi-TV and his show co-star still goes around making appearances (which Martin did until he was too ill to do so).

The comparisons for Lana are with Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell and the Dead and Jonathan Richman and Lou Reed and Iggy Pop and Klaus Nomi

and all those who can sing for 50 years and do whatever they fucking feel like and not worry about getting a number one album

(Hell, it took James Taylor 45 years for his recent was his first #1 album). Do you think he gives a shit?

Beats the hell out of working a day job 9 to 5.

Artistes rule. Picasso wasn't popular when he was alive. Neither were most artists.

I know over 50 years, I have continually returned to Leonard Cohen, and you know what 99% of the world has no idea who he is.

He could walk next to most people and they don't have a clue.

He retired for a decade, then came back and sold out Madison Square Garden, but in reality- who wants to see him in a 20,000 seat arena?

I remember the cafes and clubs where he is right in front. But cool is, he could sell out the Garden and Radio City Music hall and has never

had a hit single or #1 album.

Why are people so concerned about how many Lana sells?

The entire music world wrote her off 4 years ago, and how cool is it she has a #2 record, with FANS and supporters who will remember her decades from now

without a hit single.

Why does she need to have one or two hit singles, when she releases a full album and there is not one bad song on it, and they are meant to

be listened to in the order they are in, in full. Song 1 to 14 of Honeymoon. Everything isthere for a reason in the order they are put.

Without one of them, its like ripping a chapter out of a book.

Feel free to disagree. I don't post to have a conga line of people agreeing with me. I post what I believe and feel.

Not to please those that seemingly can't be pleased at anything.

Congratulations Elizabeth on a great written, produced, sounding album Honeymoon that continues the standard of excellence NO ONE else

provides. (As you say yourself in Honeymoon the song). There ain't nobody else for me but you musically in the 2000s.

(Or as you say in the bridge in American). (and the funny thing is, Leonard Cohen said the exact same thing in his recent song "Slow").

(Was he listening to Lana when he wrote Slow?)

Great artistes create great art.

the art is what matters

even if no one buys it

But #2 in a week Drake releases something is fucking fantastic for an artist the entire world wrote off (but I didn't) three or four years ago.

Lana now has-

5 Top 20s on the Billboard 200.

4 Top 10s.

Fucking fantastic!

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

iconic singer/songwriter David Gates wrote "And Aubrey was her name" in his hit song "Aubrey" (he was the lead singer of Bread)

(Telly Savalas slayed with his cover of "It"

have nothing against Drake or Taylor or Mariah Or Celine or any of the cookie cutter acts that go for the #1 singles ad nauseum and years later

one can not remember even one of the songs they sang as all of them are so generic

Taylor probably doesn't realize Ryan Adams is making fun of her in his new 1989 album,(in a Weird Al sort of way), same way he gets shoutouts to sing "Summer of 69" in his shows because his name sounds like Bryan Adams.

Lana is iconic. Why some here don't seem to think so I have no idea. Fuck the haters. This is suppose to be the LANA board.

Not third rate imitators or those going for singles

You know, legendary cool actor Martin Milner (of Adam-12 and Route 66) just died. In his obits is a cool quote-

he says Hi

"People always thought I should be as big as the biggest superstars, but you know what, I never aspired to have to work it 24/7/365 to attain and then hold on to that status. So I guess that makes me a bum". What a great quote. His fans never forgot him and mourned his death, and Adam-12 is seen everyday on Cozi-TV and his show co-star still goes around making appearances (which Martin did until he was too ill to do so).

The comparisons for Lana are with Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell and the Dead and Jonathan Richman and Lou Reed and Iggy Pop and Klaus Nomi

and all those who can sing for 50 years and do whatever they fucking feel like and not worry about getting a number one album

(Hell, it took James Taylor 45 years for his recent was his first #1 album). Do you think he gives a shit?

Beats the hell out of working a day job 9 to 5.

Artistes rule. Picasso wasn't popular when he was alive. Neither were most artists.

I know over 50 years, I have continually returned to Leonard Cohen, and you know what 99% of the world has no idea who he is.

He could walk next to most people and they don't have a clue.

He retired for a decade, then came back and sold out Madison Square Garden, but in reality- who wants to see him in a 20,000 seat arena?

I remember the cafes and clubs where he is right in front. But cool is, he could sell out the Garden and Radio City Music hall and has never

had a hit single or #1 album.

Why are people so concerned about how many Lana sells?

The entire music world wrote her off 4 years ago, and how cool is it she has a #2 record, with FANS and supporters who will remember her decades from now

without a hit single.

Why does she need to have one or two hit singles, when she releases a full album and there is not one bad song on it, and they are meant to

be listened to in the order they are in, in full. Song 1 to 14 of Honeymoon. Everything isthere for a reason in the order they are put.

Without one of them, its like ripping a chapter out of a book.

Feel free to disagree. I don't post to have a conga line of people agreeing with me. I post what I believe and feel.

Not to please those that seemingly can't be pleased at anything.

Congratulations Elizabeth on a great written, produced, sounding album Honeymoon that continues the standard of excellence NO ONE else

provides. (As you say yourself in Honeymoon the song). There ain't nobody else for me but you musically in the 2000s.

(Or as you say in the bridge in American). (and the funny thing is, Leonard Cohen said the exact same thing in his recent song "Slow").

(Was he listening to Lana when he wrote Slow?)

Great artistes create great art.

the art is what matters

even if no one buys it

But #2 in a week Drake releases something is fucking fantastic for an artist the entire world wrote off (but I didn't) three or four years ago.

Lana now has-

5 Top 20s on the Billboard 200.

4 Top 10s.

Fucking fantastic!

I agree that charts mean shit but calm yourself - also heaps of people know who Leonard Cohen is...simmer down. She's released 3 full-length albums that have gained attention, is only 30, continues to stun many of us...no need to put down heaps of other artists to elevate Lana. (I think it's OK to criticise and compare overall but you are doing too much.) Time will tell. 

Also just for anyone else reading this, I get the enthusiasm here because I have faves whom are much more reputed and taken seriously than Lana and whom cannot produce a whole album where I hardly skip songs like Honeymoon. It's bizarre.

Just wanted to point out that tons of people talk shit about Drake. Everyone calls him fake, but Drake is actually his middle name. You should listen to his Grammy award winning album Take Care, its amazing and will probably change your thoughts about him. Its literally perfect. Lana and Drake are actually very similar in a way if you look into it.

I agree it really sucks to see people put Lana down all the time  :aw:

Also, the lyrics are a huge step-down compared to all of her last albums, in my opinion. What happened to the elaborate descriptions of Off to the Races, or the poetic nature of songs like Bel Air and West Coast, or the intelligent lyricism behind songs like Gods & Monsters or Dark Paradise? I miss those days.  

Overall, it's a lovely album that I really do admire, but I feel like it's even more of a mood record than Ultraviolence. It's a record I'm sure I'll put on to calm myself down or when I'm feeling relaxed, but it's not an album you can play whenever, if that makes sense. Still really appreciate that Lana is putting out new material so quickly and very beautiful music as well, but I can't deny the fact that in some ways, Lana did get worse this era.

I completely agree 100%. I really miss the elaborate descriptions also. Most of Lana's unreleased songs are way better than a few of the songs she decided to put on Honeymoon. Its disappointing