Sad Girl - Freak
Pretty When You Cry - Art Deco
Money Power Glory - Religion
Fucked My Way Up To The Top - Salvatore
Old Money - The Blackest Day
Black Beauty - 24
Guns And Roses - Swan Song
The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

UV is literally filled with almost love songs.

Don't say that. :lolno:

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Ultraviolence - Music To Watch Boys To

Shades Of Cool - Terrence Loves You

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried

West Coast - High By the Beach

Sad Girl - Freak

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - Salvatore

Black Beauty - 24

Guns And Roses - Swan Song

HBTB over West Coast :toofunny:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Ultraviolence - Music to Watch Boys to

Shades of Cool - Terrence Loves You 

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried

West Coast - High by the Beach

Sad Girl - Freak

Pretty When You Cry - Art Deco

Money Power Glory - Religion

Fucked My Way Up to the Top - Salvatore

Old Money - The Blackest Day

Black Beauty - 24

Guns and Roses - Swan Song

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

I don't see how people can say that a.) her lyrics got worse from UV and b.) that Honeymoon has no variety. Ultraviolence is about ~so many things~ but literally every track but BB, MPG, FMUTT, OM, TOW, and FS is about loving a bad boy. And they all give the exact same imagery and vibe, which is great from a cohesive standpoint but Honeymoon has literally western, italian, beachy, metallic, summery, and west-coast sounding songs and still sounds coherent. Visually I see Ultraviolence existing in only two settings - LA and New York, which is as typical Lana as you can get especially paired with the bad boy love song thing. I feel like in HM her lyrics are so much more colorful and paint such vibrant pictures compared to UV and to an extent BTD. But with BTD we had so many visuals to fill in the gaps for us.

Honeymoon does almost get lost in its own tracklist. There isn't so much of a storyline like what UV has which kind of makes it hard to follow, but stories are a luxury and not required for an album so its alright. Some of the sequencing makes sense but I'd change the tracklist a lot if it were up to me. UVs is perfect though. Also, Honeymoon is also made of up mostly love songs, although I think they are from a more interesting perspective.

I don't believe that HM is any more slow than UV. Please someone point out a fast-paced song in UV besides FK. 

I really do love UV, don't get me wrong, but I feel like its gotten a bit overrated on the boards. Its wonderful but really doesn't completely overshadow everything else that Lana has ever done. But then again, I am in the tiny minority that loves Paradise so what do I know  :teehee:

Also, I think if you all are going to do comparisons then this is a little more fair. Its not perfect but makes a tad bit more sense...

Cruel World - The Blackest Day (guitar power song - could possibly go with PWYC too)

Ultraviolence - Honeymoon (title tracks)

Shades of Cool - 24 (Bond-ish songs)

Brooklyn Baby - Freak

West Coast = High By The Beach (lead singles)

Sad Girl - Religion

Pretty When You Cry - Swan Song

Money, Power, Glory - God Knows I Tried

Fucked My Way Up - Art Deco (tracks about other people..?)

Old Money - Terrence Loves You (slow ballad)

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (cover)

Black Beauty = Salvatore

Florida Kilos - Music To Watch Boys To (exotic..?)

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I don't see how people can say that a.) her lyrics got worse from UV and b.) that Honeymoon has no variety. Ultraviolence is about ~so many things~ but literally every track but BB, MPG, FMUTT, OM, TOW, and FS is about loving a bad boy. And they all give the exact same imagery and vibe, which is great from a cohesive standpoint but Honeymoon has literally western, italian, beachy, metallic, summery, and west-coast sounding songs and still sounds coherent. Visually I see Ultraviolence existing in only two settings - LA and New York, which is as typical Lana as you can get especially paired with the bad boy love song thing. I feel like in HM her lyrics are so much more colorful and paint such vibrant pictures compared to UV and to an extent BTD. But with BTD we had so many visuals to fill in the gaps for us.

Honeymoon does almost get lost in its own tracklist. There isn't so much of a storyline like what UV has which kind of makes it hard to follow, but stories are a luxury and not required for an album so its alright. Some of the sequencing makes sense but I'd change the tracklist a lot if it were up to me. UVs is perfect though. Also, Honeymoon is also made of up mostly love songs, although I think they are from a more interesting perspective.

I don't believe that HM is any more slow than UV. Please someone point out a fast-paced song in UV besides FK. 

I really do love UV, don't get me wrong, but I feel like its gotten a bit overrated on the boards. Its wonderful but really doesn't completely overshadow everything else that Lana has ever done. But then again, I am in the tiny minority that loves Paradise so what do I know  :teehee:

Also, I think if you all are going to do comparisons then this is a little more fair. Its not perfect but makes a tad bit more sense...

Cruel World - The Blackest Day (guitar power song - could possibly go with PWYC too)

Ultraviolence - Honeymoon (title tracks)

Shades of Cool - 24 (Bond-ish songs)

Brooklyn Baby - Freak

West Coast = High By The Beach (lead singles)

Sad Girl - Religion

Pretty When You Cry - Swan Song

Money, Power, Glory - God Knows I Tried

Fucked My Way Up - Art Deco (tracks about other people..?)

Old Money - Terrence Loves You (slow ballad)

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (cover)

Black Beauty = Salvatore

Florida Kilos - Music To Watch Boys To (exotic..?)

Actually, UV is not about loving the bad boy. That was BTD. UV is more the damage that has been done by loving these bad boys.

In the beginning I thought that HM is the better album, but UV is a much more interesting listen. I blame the production on the tracks of HM and yes, while UV was extremly slow as well, there were layers to the songs in the production that I really miss on HM. HM is like Paradise 2.0

Girl really needs to pick up the pace and balance her albums more in order to keep the attention of her listeners. HM sometimes feels like one long note which is a shame since I can not really say that the album has even one bad song on it.

Idk, sometimes I think that Lana is too stuck in her ways. She should explore the world more, live life etc. Art books and vintage movies only can get you to the point where you can not provide improvement after a second or third album. She doesn't feel driven, she doesn't feel defeated either. She just hangs in there.

And she needs to work with other producers and allow other people to tell her: No girl, this ain't iT. Try harder. Be better.

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Ultraviolence - Music to Watch Boys to

Shades of Cool - Terrence Loves You

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried

West Coast - High by the Beach

Sad Girl - Freak

Fucked My Way Up to the Top - Salvatore (Tie)

Black Beauty - 24

Guns and Roses - Swan Song

Ultraviolence is better #confirmed

PLUS Ultraviolence gave us Is This Happiness and Flipside which both are better than everything on HM (but equal to MTWBT tbh)

There is a fire in UV that HM can't really replicate. HM  It's a beatiful record but everytime I listen to it  I feel like something is missing, I can't really explain what. 

yes i understand and feel somewhat the same.. for me, UV was a blue flame, and HM a very light orange flame.  :) 

Hard to explain, they are very different records for me. very different. Almost like UV is the 'edgier' one, and HM the sedated one.. sorta..

but the songs alot on HM start great for me, then fade out for some reason.. i end up fast forwarding or skipping alot.. :rollin:

I still can't decide! I've been trying to make up my mind for so long but... They're both so different. It's hard to tell which I like more.

On a song-by-song basis, I think Honeymoon wins. So that's how I'm voting.

They're both almost equally powerful, though, imo...

Also known as BlueAsJeans on AltBoardsDoes-The-Body-Rule2.pngtiny.png