Old Money - The Blackest Day  ngl never really got into Old Money sorry guys

Black Beauty - 24

Guns and Roses - Swan Song

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Florida Kilos

Is This Happiness

Flipside

Things i love about Honeymoon;
Honeymoon has clear vocals, gorgeous lyrics and sounds so heavenly, especially the 'dreaming away your life' part. Freak is such a bop with a great chorus, Art Deco is 10/10 and the instrumentation change towards the end is so jazzy and nice. The verses in GKIT are so beautiful (even tho the chorus isn't), HBTB is a great bop, Burnt Norton is such a beautiful and fitting interlude, too. Religion is such a nice song and the synthesisers @ 3:45 onwards are GORGEOUS. The Blackest Day is an incredible song and the bridge at the end is flawless. 24 is a really great song, a fitting Bond theme too. Swan Song is so beautiful, i really love the first 30 seconds. I don't really like TLY, MTWBT, DLMBM or Salvatore atm.

Things i love about Ultraviolence;
Cruel World is lyrically beautiful and a fitting opening track. The title track summarises the album perfectly and has a beautiful bridge towards the end (we could go back to new york, loving you was really hard etc etc). Shades of Cool is an INCREDIBLE song, beautiful lyrics and instrumental, the 'hot hot neglectful lover' part is so fantastic too. The music video for the song is the most iconic of the UV era, it's really gorgeous- especially the directors cut. Brooklyn Baby is the type of bop you can not get out of your head, the lyrics are catchy and it's so nice to listen to no matter what your mood. West Coast is one of the most iconic songs of the era,  and the synthesisers towards the end make me really, really love it- it's so unique and just perfect. Sad Girl is really tongue-in-cheek but a great song despite the criticism it gets for the 'I'm a sad girl, i'm a bad girl' "cheesy" lyrics. Pretty When You Cry is so raw and full of emotion, it's lyrically beautiful, especially the opening and the outro. Money Power Glory is the timeless bop that summarises my personality and I can jam to it whenever lol, it's a great song, I like that it still suits the mood of the album but draws away from the sadness a bit. FMWUTT is such a bop, it's so great. That tongue-in-cheek, saucy stuff is something HM really lacks. The Other Woman was such a great cover choice and she absolutely nailed it, it suits the themes and mood of the album so well and sounds gorgeous. Black Beauty is one of the most raw songs on the album and I love listening to it, though I have to be in the right mood. It also summarises the album really well, and is so full of emotion. The thing about this album is that you can hear her pain and her sadness not only in her lyrics but in her voice, which i feel is something HM also kind of lacks. Black Beauty also has incredible lyrics. Florida Kilos is probably the best song on the album in that you can listen to it whenever and want to get down to it, it's such a fucking bop and its one of the best songs she's ever made, fight me bitches it's awesome- great lyrics and instrumental. Is This Happiness is really beautiful, as well as Flipside, which imo deserved to all be on the standard version of the album- Flipside is the perfect closing song. I dont really like Old Money and find Guns and Roses somewhat unlistenable most of the time. Overall, the album has a bunch of songs that i feel are superior, the singles were all iconic songs to me, the imagery of the era was really cohesive and matched the sound and vibe of the album. Tbh.. UV is such a fucking great album

lemme do this

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Ultraviolence - Music to Watch Boys to

Shades of Cool - Terrence Loves You 

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried

West Coast - High by the Beach

Sad Girl - Freak

Pretty When You CryArt Deco TIE

Money Power Glory - Religion 

Fucked My Way Up to the Top - Salvatore

Old Money - The Blackest Day

Black Beauty - 24

Guns and Roses - Swan Song

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood TIE

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Ultraviolence - Music to Watch Boys to

Shades of Cool - Terrence Loves You 

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried

Sad Girl - Freak

Pretty When You Cry - Art Deco

Money Power Glory - Religion

Fucked My Way Up to the Top - Salvatore

Black Beauty - 24

Guns and Roses - Swan Song

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

149o3h3.jpg

I personally like Ultraviolence more, it's probably like my favorite album of all time.

Honeymoon is really good but I also think that it's still kinda too early to compare them because we've had Ultra for over a year and Honeymoon for like less two weeks I think.

Lemme do this though cause it seems kinda fun.

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Ultraviolence - Music To Watch Boys To

Shades Of Cool - Terrence Loves You 

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried

Sad Girl - Freak

Pretty When You Cry - Art Deco TIE

Money Power GloryReligion TIE

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - Salvatore

Black Beauty - 24

Guns And Roses - Swan Song

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

excluding the godly bonus tracks of uv..

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried

Sad Girl - Freak

Money Power Glory - Religion (dont like either tbh but)

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - Salvatore

Old MoneyThe Blackest Day TIE

Black Beauty - 24

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

^

Cruel World - Honeymoon

West Coast - High by the Beach (YIKES, they're in the same vein ! but yeah WC)

Sad Girl - Freak

Money Power Glory - Religion 

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - Salvatore (I like FMWUTTT a lot but Salvatore is just pure bliss)

Black Beauty - 24

Guns And Roses - Swan Song (neither)

Wow, for someone who always advocated BTD instead of UV ... :P I mean I love every album, I guess I didn't really get into some of Honeymoon's tracks deeply enough...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Let's see. . . 

Cruel World - Honeymoon (Cruel World all the way, however after the BBC Radio 1 performance I'm excited to hear Honeymoon live more.)

Ultraviolence - Music To Watch Boys To (Ultraviolence is one of my faves tbh.)

Shades Of Cool - Terrence Loves You (I love Terrence Loves You.)

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried (I really do love Brooklyn Baby though. This one was hard!)

West Coast - High by the Beach (I like HBTB but West Coast is a classic.)

Sad Girl - Freak (Freak has grown on me after listening more to it but compared to Sad Girl it falls very short.)

Pretty When You Cry - Art Deco (Art Deco is nice but it isn't in the same league.)

Money Power Glory - Religion (I love both of these! I'll give MPG the edge. I have more feeling when listening to it over Religion.)

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - Salvatore (Salvatore has slight edge sound wise. However, I love FMWUTTT. It's fuck you attitude and lyrics make me feel sexy lol.)

Old Money - The Blackest Day (No comparison here.)

Black Beauty - 24 (24 is my least favorite on HM.)

Guns And Roses - Swan Song (I love Guns and Roses but Swan song is a better song. I relate to it so much.)

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (DLMBM is the story of my life lol.)

Is This Happiness!!! (I have to add this one in!)

I voted Ultraviolence because that album changed me as a person and as a music listener. Everything about UIltraviolence - for me - was something I never knew I even needed. A painfully tragic and beautiful album. Ultraviolence birthed some of my favorite Lana Del Rey songs of all time with Brooklyn Baby, Florida Kilos, Flipside and Old Money. Her style during Ultraviolence was also very simple, old school and glamorous which I adored.

The themes and topics that were touched in the album is what really gets me. In "Old Money" when she sings, "Will you still love me when I shine from words but not from beauty?" - I adore this lyric so much. This was probably so personal for her because she's drop dead gorgeous and gathered so much attention for it. But even if you take that away from her you still have a girl who's actually a BEAUTIFUL poet and writer in general.

"Florida Kilos" changed my life. I remember when I first played it in August (yes I waited that long to listen to it) and something about the repetition of "yayo" just got me hooked. I felt like I was in a trance. Such a gorgeous song ironically about drugs but I definitely fantasized about doing yayo myself and when I did for the first time, this song was definitely in mind.

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Sad Girl - Freak

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - Salvatore

Old Money - The Blackest Day

Black Beauty - 24

Cruel World - Honeymoon (I never really loved Cruel World... #sorryboutit )

Ultraviolence - Music To Watch Boys To (This one is a tie, UV is full of despair and I love the surf-rock twang, but MTWBT is so pleasing to the ear as well)

Shades Of Cool - Terrence Loves You 

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried (BB has some of my favorite lyrics from LDR)

West Coast - High by the Beach (I love the guitar throughout the whole song, and those final two choruses - ha magnum opus  :legend: :defeated: ) 

Sad Girl - Freak (A tie, depends on my mood most likely - very tongue in cheek/sarcastic song  :godlaugh: vs. the closest thing to a slut drop moment on HM  :cumming2: )

Pretty When You Cry - Art Deco ( :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin: 'nuff said )

Money Power Glory - Religion 

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - Salvatore 

Old Money - The Blackest Day (Both of these were instant favorites from each record)

Black Beauty - 24 (BB lyrics destroy 24's, also some of her best)

Guns And Roses - Swan Song

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (I actually like her cover of the TOW)

party.gif?w=1100

Ultraviolence is much stronger, intense, deeper, versatile, it quivers in fury, sadness, ecstasy, despair, longing and every other emotion from the spectrum. It has spikes, thorns, explosions and fire, but also ocean, blood, tears, honey, and stars. It is built from contradictions and numerous contrasts and layers. And I adore its rawness and shamelesness. An album with heart and soul, but also with balls and guts.

Honeymoon is very lovely, but it is all bathed in the same molasses of restrained, smooth, distant heartbeats, like the echoes of sedated siren.

But who knows, maybe I change my mind, I always need some time to fall in deeper love. With Ultraviolence I had both, bombastic infatuation and everlasting romance.

You literally said exactly how I feel about both albums. Thank you! That was beautifully put!

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Ultraviolence - Music To Watch Boys To (TIE)

West Coast - High By the Beach

Sad Girl - Freak

Black Beauty - 24

UV: 9

HM: 5

Honestly, UV is just the best album in my opinion. The majority of Lana's best songs all came from that era (West Coast is the most intense song in the world, so beautiful but dark at the same time, Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool, Ultraviolence, Florida Kilos, PWYC, and so on are all perfect). HM has some intense moments too but for me it just doesn't quite beat the masterpiece that is UV.

Also, Honeymoon only seems to cover topics relating to love and fame, whereas I feel like Ultraviolence managed to cover so much more than this, which is another reason why I like it even more.

Cruel World - Honeymoon

Ultraviolence - Music To Watch Boys To (TIE)

West Coast - High By the Beach

Sad Girl - Freak

Black Beauty - 24

UV: 9

HM: 5

Honestly, UV is just the best album in my opinion. The majority of Lana's best songs all came from that era (West Coast is the most intense song in the world, so beautiful but dark at the same time, Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool, Ultraviolence, Florida Kilos, PWYC, and so on are all perfect). HM has some intense moments too but for me it just doesn't quite beat the masterpiece that is UV.

Also, Honeymoon only seems to cover topics relating to love and fame, whereas I feel like Ultraviolence managed to cover so much more than this, which is another reason why I like it even more.

UV is literally filled with almost love songs.

giphy.gif

Cruel World - Honeymoon (TIE)

Ultraviolence - Music To Watch Boys To

Shades Of Cool - Terrence Loves You

Brooklyn Baby - God Knows I Tried

West Coast - High By the Beach

Sad Girl - Freak

Pretty When You Cry - Art Deco (TIE)

Money Power Glory - Religion (TIE)

Fucked My Way Up To The Top - Salvatore

Old Money - The Blackest Day

Black Beauty - 24

Guns And Roses - Swan Song

The Other Woman - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Even though I don't really think it makes sense to compare albums like this..

I AM MY ONLY GOD