RetroSound

'Ride' - Music Video Released

Guest Maru the Cat

LANA'S EYEBROWS ARE PERFECT

(i have a weird thing for eyebrows loll)

So I'm not the only one...

Of course not! Eyebrows can be pure sex sometimes. Megan Fox is my eyebrow idol. :3

megan-fox-photo-1.jpg

If people are deliberately trying to offend a race then yes that's bad. 'Not knowing' the implications (if any), or not intending them cruelly, is quite a bit different to being deliberately offensive/disrespectful/insensitive. And if she is a closet biggot i doubt she'd have hinted at that fact in a music video.

I don't think Lana is deliberately trying to offend anyone. I don't think Lana is a ~closet bigot~ either.

I have no problem saying that she is a fucking idiot for including that scene. I'm sorry, I am not one of those people that make excuses for others and say "Ohhh, well she just didn't know". No, that's not an excuse. How can you live in the U.S. and be all about ~Americana~ not know that the very acts that you are doing while wearing a headdress are extremely hurtful and degrading?

And even if she was trying to depict some good 'ole Americana, can't she be a fucking 50s movie star instead of shitting on an oppressed people?

Of course not! Eyebrows can be pure sex sometimes. Megan Fox is my eyebrow idol. :3

megan-fox-photo-1.jpg

Megan's eyebrows are a bit too thin for my liking!

20r46kx.jpg

This is definitely my favourite video from Lana. I hope she continues to make these longer videos with monologues, they're so beautiful. I'm just in love with this video. It's so open and honest. This better win some fucking awards!

20r46kx.jpg

^^ Yeah I feel kinda uncomfortable watching the dry humping on the pinball machine

this especially - i just found it pretty.... ugh :l

i actually thought the scenes with her and the guy in the shirt were good - not overly sexual, but you got the message the pairing was trying to display

-

It's a beautiful video overall though, could moan about parts - a little let down, but if this doesn't win awards, everyone bar lana can just go die somewhere

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

so disappointed in all honesty.

Glad I'm not the only one haha. I mean there are parts that I loved and it had some beautiful imagery- I love anything that includes the desert- period. And the contrast between the - (let me put this bluntly) unattractive, tough men and Lana, who is beautiful and seemingly fragile. Overall, Yoann> Mandler imo. I see how people liked it though, it has that hipster vibe. I like parts of it, too- I think I just wanted more trashy Lizzy goodness idk idk

Also, someone pointed out on tumblr how although these men weren't the best to look at they treated her like a princess and seemed to be a comfort 2 her, I mean the guy was brushing her hair like a doll lmao

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Controversy :legend:

Aw, you guys don't like the ugly guys? It kinda gives me a giggle. I like that she just fucking went for it.

I think the whole point of it was that she found comfort in those greasy guys most people consider 'trash' and she found freedom in that messy lifestyle. It's all romanticized and whatnot, but I find it really inspiring and it just made me think a lot...

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

I thought those guys were foxes! Judging everyone's bad taste in men rn. :3

I thought those guys were foxes! Judging everyone's bad taste in men rn. :3

+1, though not as hawt as her ~father. :flutter: He should have made a cameo.

this video is visually perfect but does anybody know if lana has a thing for older greasy men? she's so beautiful she should be with somebody whose physical beauty matches her own. i wonder if the guys who all her songs are about, are older men like the ones in this video?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, sis.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

this video is visually perfect but does anybody know if lana has a thing for older greasy men? she's so beautiful she should be with somebody whose physical beauty matches her own. i wonder if the guys who all her songs are about, are older men like the ones in this video?

aw that's not true. some of the ugliest people have the most beautiful souls and vice versa

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I don't think Lana is deliberately trying to offend anyone. I don't think Lana is a ~closet bigot~ either.

I have no problem saying that she is a fucking idiot for including that scene. I'm sorry, I am not one of those people that make excuses for others and say "Ohhh, well she just didn't know". No, that's not an excuse. How can you live in the U.S. and be all about ~Americana~ not know that the very acts that you are doing while wearing a headdress are extremely hurtful and degrading?

And even if she was trying to depict some good 'ole Americana, can't she be a fucking 50s movie star instead of shitting on an oppressed people?

'Not knowing' is just one example. She could have a degree in their culture, still wear that headdress, and i wouldnt call her offensive. Because I'm not that sort of a person. I don't believe in pussyfooting around cultures or any 'sensitive' topics, nor being 'pc'. I believe the moment people make a big deal and point and shout 'offensive!' at these things are what gives them their power, and the moment we can all think so lightly of our differences that we can even make fun of them is the moment we realise how trivial and meaningless they are and we can all get along.

I'm not saying that's what Lana is doing, i can't speak for her, but that's what I think of accusations such as these. Unless she's said, point blankly something along the lines of 'Native Americans are crap', i don't consider her being cruel or culturally insensitive.

She has a thing for older guys, i dunno about 'greasy' :P

As for what you say, being with someone just as beautiful', this never seems to be the case :/ I feel beautiful women should be going for the hotties for those of us that can't :P, yet they always settle for a little less. Though eyes of the beholder and all that...

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png