comeintomybedroom

Gwen Stefani

tea omg TIWTTFL was amazing! I'll definitely have to check it out and she is so funny lol 

It definitely was, and still is! Probably my favourite pop album of the last couple years. I still don't understand why she chose the best songs for the deluxe edition, though. Getting Warmer, Rocket Ship and Splash are all such essential BOPS and should've been on the regular album. Actually, Obsessed and Loveable too. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

It definitely was, and still is! Probably my favourite pop album of the last couple years. I still don't understand why she chose the best songs for the deluxe edition, though. Getting Warmer, Rocket Ship and Splash are all such essential BOPS and should've been on the regular album. Actually, Obsessed and Loveable too. 

AGREE fucking love those tracks!

my favorite track was "Me Without You." 

Hey guys! I really want to get into Gwen since I love her voice, but the production of her latest music ruins it for me in some songs... It's too pop I really like Don't Speak, Ex-girlfriend (her voice is so amazing)... is there an album you think I'll like?

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

Hey guys! I really want to get into Gwen since I love her voice, but the production of her latest music ruins it for me in some songs... It's too pop I really like Don't Speak, Ex-girlfriend (her voice is so amazing)... is there an album you think I'll like?

It's a shame you don't like her latest album, to me This Is What The Truth Feels Like is basically the definition of pop perfection. But yeah, obviously, it's pop. I would definitely recommend the album Ex-Girlfriend is from, Return Of Saturn. The lyrics are probably the best she's ever written, and it's such an interesting blend of different genres (Comforting Lie is unlike anything else she's ever done) It's personal favourite No Doubt album, but unfortunately it was still overshadowed by Tragic Kingdom. And since you seem to be more into No Doubt than her solo stuff, please do check out Push And Shove from 2012 and listen to it from beginning to end, there are some absolute gems on it (Dreaming The Same Dream and One More Summer come to mind).

I don't know how well you know her solo music, although I'm assuming you know Love. Angel. Music. Baby, but since you mentioned Don't Speak it particular, you'll probably enjoy Cool, The Real Thing (if the production is too much for you, there's also an amazing "Slow Jam Mix" of it), 4 In The Morning, Early Winter, perhaps Fluorescent too, Wonderful Life (!), Start A War (UNFORTUNATELY she never released the studio version), Getting Warmer and Splash from the Target (US)/deluxe (international) edition of This Is What The Truth Feels Like, and the scrapped but leaked Hard 2 Love.

<3

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

WE HAVE A NEW LEAK, LADIES AND GENTLEGAYS!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lPcqhw7LZDFRQ-3NsNv_0_01fm2ubmc/view

A new song called Overdose (feat. Miguel), probably recorded for her scrapped 2014/2015 album, has leaked! Writing credits: M. Angelakos, B. Levin, M. J. Pimentel.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

WE HAVE A NEW LEAK, LADIES AND GENTLEGAYS!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lPcqhw7LZDFRQ-3NsNv_0_01fm2ubmc/view

A new song called Overdose (feat. Miguel), probably recorded for her scrapped 2014/2015 album, has leaked! Writing credits: M. Angelakos, B. Levin, M. J. Pimentel.

Appart from Overdose, Hard 2 Love, Spark The Fire, Baby Don't Lie & Hell Yeah Baby, do we know any other songs from the scrapped album?

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Appart from Overdose, Hard 2 Love, Spark The Fire, Baby Don't Lie & Hell Yeah Baby, do we know any other songs from the scrapped album?

Start a War I think is the only other song we know of. She was working with Calvin for that album too, but I'm not sure if it was just Together that was gonna be on both albums or if there was more.

自由になる自由がある

We know the titles of quite a few more, just scroll down here:

http://beaconstreetonline.net/gwen-stefani/gwens-new-album-what-we-know-so-far

Edit: The Linda Perry collab Medicine Man was actually officially released as a part of a movie soundtrack. And I'm not sure if it has ever been confirmed whether Charli's Rrring was meant to be recorded by Gwen or not. Just throwing this out there since it's not on that list.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

As was the entire album. LAMB really paved the way for Nelly Furtado's Loose, Fergie's Dutchess, and essentially every pop album that was released post-2004. We stan pop perfection!

Gwen could be defined as the mother of current pop music

LAMB is a perfect gem, TSE was ahed of it's time and TIWTTFL is a really good album for nowadays

I love her. L.A.M.B. was so original at the time, no one else could have done that. No Doubt Gwen (TK and ROS oh my christ) will always have my heart but L.A.M.B. I think is her at her purest. 

What's interesting about LAMB is that in many interviews back then, Gwen didn't really treat it as a "solo album", but rather as a big collaborative project between her, her co-writers and producers, and the Harajuku Girls. So when I first heard Charli talk about her mixtapes and how much she values collaboration, I was immediately reminded of Gwen (although Charli arguably put it on a different level).

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

kinda disappointed that the Remastered LAMB don't include any unreleased songs from the album (okay, she used the majority of the songs for TSE, but would be interesting to hear one or two demos)

by the way, someone has a masterpost of her unreleased stuff? i love some unreleaseds of her (Candyland, Hard 2 Love) but it's hard to find them in good quality 

kinda disappointed that the Remastered LAMB don't include any unreleased songs from the album (okay, she used the majority of the songs for TSE, but would be interesting to hear one or two demos)

by the way, someone has a masterpost of her unreleased stuff? i love some unreleaseds of her (Candyland, Hard 2 Love) but it's hard to find them in good quality

There are actually quite a few songs left that she didn't end up using (and most importantly, only two of them were produced by Ph*rrell):

Boom (Dallas Austin)

Candyland (Pharrell Williams)

Can't Stop the Music (Linda Perry)

The Girl Inside (Tim Rice-Oxley)

Parental Advisory (Rich Harrison)

Carousel (Williams)

Criminal (Perry)

Fine by You (Perry)

Information (Austin)

Just Fine (Perry)

Not Enough Time (Rice-Oxley)

Regarding the unreleased stuff: Candyland never leaked in HQ, then there's Hard 2 Love and Hell Yeah Baby, and Overdose... and that's basically it. She seems to be good at preventing her stuff from leaking.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif