comeintomybedroom

Gwen Stefani

This album is really really good.

Love 'Misery', 'This is what the truth feels like', 'Rare' and 'Getting warmer' the most.

'You're My Favorite', 'Where Would I Be', 'Make Me Like You', 'Red Flag', 'Me Without You' and 'Rocket Ship' are pretty cool too.

There's actually no song I skip... hope she'll come to Europe soon.

TIWTTFL is still my favorite album of 2016. Sorry Beyoncé.

I remember how stunned I was when I came home from work and listened to the CD for the first time because I really wasn't expecting much after the mess with Baby Don't Lie and Spark The Fire, the delay of the album and her starting all over again. Well, I guess the ten years of waiting for this record were worth it. 

I just hope we'll get another solo album soon, since No Doubt is basically dead. I need a studio version of Start A War in my life!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

TIWTTFL is still my favorite album of 2016. Sorry Beyoncé.

I remember how stunned I was when I came home from work and listened to the CD for the first time because I really wasn't expecting much after the mess with Baby Don't Lie and Spark The Fire, the delay of the album and her starting all over again. Well, I guess the ten years of waiting for this record were worth it.

I just hope we'll get another solo album soon, since No Doubt is basically dead. I need a studio version of Start A War in my life!

you're right it's such a good album. i'm not sure if it's my favorite of the year, but it's near the top of my list for sure.

H0bDaqU.gif

An entire CD of Gwen out takes is out there?! Fuck me

In fact, there is the entire scrapped early 2015 record that includes songs co-written by Charli XCX, Pharrell, Miguel and others and, most importantly, the studio version of Start A War.

Then, there are also lots of songs from the TIWTTFL sessions that ultimately didn't make the cut. She stated that she had written enough songs for two complete albums (and at that point she was still writing), including songs she did with Linda Perry and Rick Nowels (that I would love to hear, especially the latter one).

Written with Rick Nowels, Gwen shared that “You Don’t Know Me” was one of the first songs she attempted to write after her separation from husband Gavin Rossdale. She was paired with the songwriter and was sat down at a piano and found herself going back to basics. Gwen says after writing “You Don’t Know Me”, she was able to channel her emotions and hasn’t been able to stop writing since. Gwen has since confirmed that this track may not make the final album. (from beaconstreetonline.net; there's a lot of background information about those unreleased songs, if you are interested)

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

it's kind of weird that this title track has more of the "gwen-essence" than most songs on this is what the truth feels like.

not saying that the album is bad but i feel like it's a lot blander (more bland? idk which one is right) than her previous records.

i76mrxw.png