Dua Lipa

The Original Ultraviolence.

This topic has been discussed in many different threads many times but I've decided that we need one specifically. Ultraviolence was not supposed to turn how it did. The album was first produced by Rick Nowels (Which can be heard on the Black Beauty Demo and Angels forever, forever angels) until she rerecorded it with Dan AuerbachOriginally there was a different music video for Ultraviolence, (which can be discussed here) it was essentially what happened in Jonestown but her label didn't like it. They scraped it and Francessco filmed a different version that was released later and is the one we know about today. Now the original uv video has finally come to light. It is in parts of the MTWBT video (The girls in the water, yes that was for UV), In the Honeymoon Album trailer, and now in Freak. Lana has also said in an Interview that she only wanted 11 songs on it but the label wanted the deluxe tracks. Other things that were changed was the alleged album art. Below is the one that was shot by Chuck. Some say it was changed because the cover was "controversial" and stores wouldn't sell it cause it had drugs on the cover. 

Original:

tumblr_static_blbguai3inksoo4skwwk4kkgs.

Other things that was removed was more footage in the West Coast Music Video. Parts are seen in the UV trailer and others in the one that was uploaded to vevo a couple days early that had alternate parts in it (The "original" West Coast video had the fire-scene looking even worse than the final one and it had a shot of her singing the chorus in the car, looking rather "sad". The final version cuts off before this angle is shown. But has not been leaked) The clips/video that has been leaked has now been called the the alternate version and is linked just below this post. Other things that were supposedly cut are have not been confirmed so we can only speculate. The reasons that the scenes were allegedly cut was because of how much drug use was in it and Interscope didn't like it. The Shades of cool death scene was also cut but was included in the Directors cut. Pretty when you cry also had a homemade music video but was not released. A 15 second snippet is still however on Lana's Instagram. 

ALSO A performance at the letterman show (She cancelled it) 

Theres probably so much more we don't know. Thoughts?

Thanks @@luckyonewithoutyou, @@Trash Magic, @, @@GangstaBoy, @@Amadeus, @@Creyk, and @@Electric Body for all the help :kiss:

lilkimxchapelle.png

Can't forget about Pretty When You Cry music video, I have a feeling it would've been super controversial and that's why it went unreleased

Oh yes. Adding that in. If you or anyone else knows of something I forgot, plz inform me

lilkimxchapelle.png

Can't forget about Pretty When You Cry music video, I have a feeling it would've been super controversial and that's why it went unreleased

:illumilana:LEAK PRETTY WHEN YOU CRY VIDEO :illumilana:

Well, we can talk bout the musics too.

Like: Laptop stolen ----> Leaked Black Beauty session ----> Lana mad

Well, we can talk bout the musics too.

Like: Laptop stolen ----> Leaked Black Beauty session ----> Lana mad

Actually Rick Nowels didn't know but he was actually putting the songs up on his website public. Anyone could find them by putting in a the right url. Thats how many of them were leaked and they were only leaked almost 2 days after being put up on to his site.

Wasn't Ultraviolence rerecorded as well? Am I loosing my mind but I think thats what happened 

lilkimxchapelle.png

and of course the original rick nowels album before Dan Auerbach got his hands on it and turned it into the rock album of the century that puppets like Kurt Cobain only wish they could have made in their lifetime

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

and of course the original rick nowels album before Dan Auerbach got his hands on it and turned it into the rock album of the century that puppets like Kurt Cobain only wish they could have made in their lifetime

Added it. Thank you :heart:

lilkimxchapelle.png

If my memory is correct I'm pretty sure WC video leaked a day or two before it was realeased on youtube and it was edited differently. The beginning with the Palm trees was longer and the title West Coast appeared in the video at the beginning too.

Hopefully some other members can confirm it aswell...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

If my memory is correct I'm pretty sure WC video leaked a day or two before it was realeased on youtube and it was edited differently. The beginning with the Palm trees was longer and the title West Coast appeared in the video at the beginning too.

Hopefully some other members can confirm it aswell...

Yes that is correct. The Alternate video is the one that was uploaded early. Its linked just below the original post if you would like to see it but I'm going to edit and add it into the main post :)

lilkimxchapelle.png

MUSIC VIDEOS THAT WE HAVE OF THE ERA (Ones that weren't posted on Vevo)

Alternate West Coast 

Sorry but this is fanmade

@ the leaked version of the WC vid was pretty much an unpolished version of the final video. I don't recall it having a title and it was overall the same, with a couple different shots used and a few with different length than those of the final video. The fire scenes looked badly edited and put together. The leaked version is still up somewhere I think

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Sorry but this is fanmade

@ the leaked version of the WC vid was pretty much an unpolished version of the final video. I don't recall it having a title and it was overall the same, with a couple different shots used and a few with different length than those of the final video. The fire scenes looked badly edited and put together. The leaked version is still up somewhere I think

Oh sorry I thought I had found it but I'll continue looking for it and then change it

lilkimxchapelle.png

this is only a rumour but people speculated that the german radio mix of west coast is closer to the nowels demo than the final auerbacher album version (just like the summertime sandess and dark paradise radio edits, they're basically remakes of the demos). considering the version she performed at the freak premiere sounds similar to the radio mix this might have some truth to it after all.

i76mrxw.png 

She reworked the song Melancholia into Ultraviolence in order to have a title track.

She described the album before Dan Auberbach's contribution as: "folk songs" in an interview. Some members at the time  commented that the guy prevented the second coming of Lizzy Grant, or at least an album that would have been more similar to AKA.

Florida Kilos was not supposed to be on the album. It was made for a movie to be a soundtrack song but  the plans fell through so in the end Lana just included it on her album. It is also Rob Grant's (her dad) favorite song from Ultraviolence (the album).

edit: why did the site not add to this my previous post like it usually does. Maybe a mod can merge the two?

Florida Kilos was not supposed to be on the album. It was made for a movie to be a soundtrack song but  the plans fell through so in the end Lana just included it on her album. It is also Rob Grant's (her dad) favorite song from Ultraviolence (the album).

edit: why did the site not add to this my previous post like it usually does. Maybe a mod can merge the two?

Did it happen to be Spring Breakers? I've always felt like it had the vibe of it, and if I'm not mistaken Harmony Korine is credited on the track, too. 

Did it happen to be Spring Breakers? I've always felt like it had the vibe of it, and if I'm not mistaken Harmony Korine is credited on the track, too. 

I think it was yes.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will come in and correct me :creep: The interview in which she talked about it happened so long ago