Dua Lipa

The Original Ultraviolence.

The "original" West Coast video had the fire-scene looking even worse than the final one and it had a shot of her singing the chorus in the car, looking rather "sad" (the final version cuts off before this angle is shown)

Florida Kilos was not supposed to be on the album. It was made for a movie to be a soundtrack song but  the plans fell through so in the end Lana just included it on her album. It is also Rob Grant's (her dad) favorite song from Ultraviolence (the album).

edit: why did the site not add to this my previous post like it usually does. Maybe a mod can merge the two?

Didn#t she said she wrote it AFTER seeing a movie which inspired her? I can't remember that it was confirmed it was for a movie.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The "original" West Coast video had the fire-scene looking even worse than the final one and it had a shot of her singing the chorus in the car, looking rather "sad" (the final version cuts off before this angle is shown)

Didn#t she said she wrote it AFTER seeing a movie which inspired her? I can't remember that it was confirmed it was for a movie.

I think she said she was inspired by Cocaine Cowboys for that song

I think it was yes.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will come in and correct me :creep: The interview in which she talked about it happened so long ago

Did it happen to be Spring Breakers? I've always felt like it had the vibe of it, and if I'm not mistaken Harmony Korine is credited on the track, too. 

yes, for the sequel, but apparently:

Upon the announcement, Franco released a statement stating that the sequel was "not being done with Harmony Korine or my consent" and that the producers were "capitalizing on that innovative film to make money on a weak sequel" and attempting to "make money off someone else's creativity."      http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/james-franco-says-spring-breakers-sequel-will-be-a-terrible-film-that-makes-money-off-someone-elses-creativity-20140515

She reworked the song Melancholia into Ultraviolence in order to have a title track.

She described the album before Dan Auberbach's contribution as: "folk songs" in an interview. Some members at the time  commented that the guy prevented the second coming of Lizzy Grant, or at least an album that would have been more similar to AKA.

Do you have anything to back this up? I've never heard or seen anything about it, nevertheless its quite interesting. 

lilkimxchapelle.png

What did Lana say when Black Beauty demo leaked? Did she make a tweet or something?

She spoke about it in an interview, I believe it was the guardian. She didn't really say much. I'll try and find it for you

lilkimxchapelle.png

What did Lana say when Black Beauty demo leaked? Did she make a tweet or something?

http://www.nme.com/news/lana-del-rey/72087

Explaining why she's become the victim of so many leaks, Del Rey told Radio.com: "To be honest, what really happened was, three years ago somebody remotely accessed my hard drive, so even songs I've never emailed to myself [were accessed]. There are hundreds of them."

However, Del Rey also revealed that some of the leaked songs don't date from this early period of her career. "Well some of them were, but some of them, like 'Black Beauty', weren't..." she said. 

Explaining that the leaks could affect her new album's tracklisting, Del Rey admitted: "I do feel discouraged, yeah. I don't really know what to put on the record. But I guess I could just put them on and see what happens. Each time I write… I'll never write a song if I don't think it's going to be perfect for the record."

Del Rey also said that she was working on the album "until my record got leaked last week, 'cause my life is like completely invaded. But yeah, I'm writing songs that I really like right now. They're really low-key and stripped back, all sort of West Coast inspired."

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Do you have anything to back this up? I've never heard or seen anything about it, nevertheless its quite interesting. 

She spoke about it in an interview, I believe it was the guardian. She didn't really say much. I'll try and find it for you

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/review/album/s4025070.htm

I believe she says it on this, I'm not 100% sure though and I'm too lazy to check rn, I think so though.

UV would have been utter :) if it hadn't gone the way it was supposed to lol

Honestly I don't think it would have. Lana would have been much happier and we would have had actual tv interviews if she wasn't so pissed. 

lilkimxchapelle.png

THANK YOU!!! wow i much prefer this version too. its only subtle differences, and the meaning hits you so much more! It's like "You're heart is unbreakable" but hers is, with the knife projection. "You are invincible" but she is, and she can drown when he cant. 

I don't understand why it got changed for the official. 

i made a tumblr post about it 

http://subversiviolence.tumblr.com/post/154415876998/directors-cut-of-shades-of-cool