WhiteHydrangea

Lana @ Orange Warsaw Festival 2016 June 3rd

I think we can all sit down here and think what she could do better. There are a thousand things probably , the thing is: she won't be doing any of them. It's just what it is. She is in her comfort zone and not stepping out of it for even an inch.

This is not directly to you, but what is the point of Ben Mawson's existence, honestly?(what's the point of having him when Lana seems to be the actual/only decision maker?) What is Interscope letting her do and not do? Where exactly did she lose her drive?

This is not directly to you, but what is the point of Ben Mawson's existence, honestly?(what's the point of having him when Lana seems to be the actual/only decision maker?) What is Interscope letting her do and not do? Where exactly did she lose her drive?

That's something I've been always wondering about. At her debut, I expected her to be another Hollywood big music label "star" since everything looked perfectly staged.

But after having her followed, I realized that she's different since she chooses her music on her own, her performances and even cancels various performances.

The reason might be that she is not that expensive for her label, so they don't really care that much

BTD and Paradise looked pretty expensive for me. I mean she did sell well tho, she even got to do two major campaigns during paradise so i wonder what changed in the way of handling her and in the way she's handling herself (and her career). it can't be that she completely lost her drive because otherwise she wouldn't have released honeymoon and then made those meet and greets at uos which seemed a bit like a deal for me too but what's the point in stuff like that when you later just don't do anything. then randomly show up at 8 event within 2 weeks and then nothing again. 

i76mrxw.png 

Believe me or not, but from a point of even before UV dropped up until the BB Awards I wasn't even sure if Ben was still with her. And then all of a sudden he appeared in pictures rather often. 

I think Interscope just doesn't care when they have artists like Madonna, Eminem, Gaga, Dre, Selena Gomez or Kendrick who bring them the money. Lana doesn't cost them much money, she won't bring them a lot either, so they just let her release and let it sell what it sells.

It's not the job of Interscope to push her or tell her what to do at this point of her career.. They have given her a lot of promo slots that she all cancelled for UV. If I was the boss of her label, I would have invited her into my office asking what the hell she is thinking. That diva sort of behaviour has burned many bridges for her forever and she was simply not big enough to behave like she did. Highly unprofessional.

These aren't really HQ, but I just wanted to share these ones that I found that are my personal favourites from the night.

51079037071_39e5f1379d_b.jpg50615029503_fa187370ec_o.jpg50615880382_11ed099874_o.jpg50615880377_92dce548cd_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

On 6/4/2016 at 8:10 PM, Elle said:

These aren't really HQ, but I just wanted to share these ones that I found that are my personal favourites from the night.

51079037071_39e5f1379d_b.jpg50615029503_fa187370ec_o.jpg50615880382_11ed099874_o.jpg50615880377_92dce548cd_o.jpg

She looks so much like her LIzzy Grant self in the last two pics. My heart :defeated:

Believe me or not, but from a point of even before UV dropped up until the BB Awards I wasn't even sure if Ben was still with her. And then all of a sudden he appeared in pictures rather often. 

I think Interscope just doesn't care when they have artists like Madonna, Eminem, Gaga, Dre, Selena Gomez or Kendrick who bring them the money. Lana doesn't cost them much money, she won't bring them a lot either, so they just let her release and let it sell what it sells.

It's not the job of Interscope to push her or tell her what to do at this point of her career.. They have given her a lot of promo slots that she all cancelled for UV. If I was the boss of her label, I would have invited her into my office asking what the hell she is thinking. That diva sort of behaviour has burned many bridges for her forever and she was simply not big enough to behave like she did. Highly unprofessional.

i feel like she's made it pretty clear tho that she doesn't want to be a superstar type.. no matter how popular she is .. she obviously doesn't have to be held to any standards except her own.. :smokes3: honestly i feel like you don't take into consideration the huge amount of work she's already done to get to where she is.. in my opinion she probably felt like she was at her pinnacle during the btd/p era.. and now she's sort of just relaxing on basically what could be considered a career honeymoon. She does her work, makes music (which i think at this point is really what she enjoys and cares about), she goes out and does some promo and then some concerts. 

honestly what the fuck do u do? :erm: prolly work some part time job and come home to whack off to scat p*rn and then bitch about how you don't think lana is taking her ICONIC career seriously.. :wtf: hunty She's been working on this music thing for like basically 10 years at this point.. she's been thru having HUNDREDS of her songs leak (honestly must have been devastating) and LOTS of criticism from the media (which obviously still impacts her today imo considering she made a video like hbtb i think she obviously still thinks about it)  she's worked her lil ass off to get this far DESPITE all of that.plus maybe she didn't even want to be as big of an artist, but was basically pushed into it by her label at first..  :oprah:  :crying: leave the lady alone.. she has every right to do what she wants with her career and if thats barely anything then thats fine. 

:pft: to be fair, I totally understand from a fan aspect, that her being sort of low-key about her career is somewhat disappointing.. but honestly don't lose sight of the fact that she is just a usual person..i honestly don't believe that simply because someone has a successful music career they should be held to an ultra high standard.. you have to take into account she's already done a lot of music work from the beginning of her career untill now.. on top of that she has a personal life and all this other shit too.. let ha live

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

i feel like she's made it pretty clear tho that she doesn't want to be a superstar type.. no matter how popular she is .. she obviously doesn't have to be held to any standards except her own.. :smokes3: honestly i feel like you don't take into consideration the huge amount of work she's already done to get to where she is.. in my opinion she probably felt like she was at her pinnacle during the btd/p era.. and now she's sort of just relaxing on basically what could be considered a career honeymoon. She does her work, makes music (which i think at this point is really what she enjoys and cares about), she goes out and does some promo and then some concerts. 

honestly what the fuck do u do? :erm: prolly work some part time job and come home to whack off to scat p*rn and then bitch about how you don't think lana is taking her ICONIC career seriously.. :wtf: hunty She's been working on this music thing for like basically 10 years at this point.. she's been thru having HUNDREDS of her songs leak (honestly must have been devastating) and LOTS of criticism from the media (which obviously still impacts her today imo considering she made a video like hbtb i think she obviously still thinks about it)  she's worked her lil ass off to get this far DESPITE all of that.plus maybe she didn't even want to be as big of an artist, but was basically pushed into it by her label at first..  :oprah:  :crying: leave the lady alone.. she has every right to do what she wants with her career and if thats barely anything then thats fine. 

:pft: to be fair, I totally understand from a fan aspect, that her being sort of low-key about her career is somewhat disappointing.. but honestly don't lose sight of the fact that she is just a usual person..i honestly don't believe that simply because someone has a successful music career they should be held to an ultra high standard.. you have to take into account she's already done a lot of music work from the beginning of her career untill now.. on top of that she has a personal life and all this other shit too.. let ha live

If you really wanna know it, I sell new cars to rich German men, so think before you try to come @me. What about you and why do you think getting personal is a good idea when people actually bring up VALID points into this discussion? 

You can't take criticism when it comes to Lana? Wrong idea to join a discussion board, dear.

It's all good that she doesn't want to challenge herself. People are calling Lana out for pretty valid points:

- lukewarm, uninspired performances

- lukewarm, unspired, bland music on Comamoon

- being generally unprofessional

So if she really cares SO much about her music, why does it SUCK so much as of lately? 

Also, when I refered to her cancellations, do you actually know that she cancelled a gig in France not only once, but twice just before she had to be there? Do you know that people like me who actually work have to take a day off to get there?

That some teenagers have probably skipped school? Others may have also booked tickets to get there. Hotel, train etc? You and all the delusionals on here are so foolish if you think that people will let her get away with it. And they haven't. 

If you really wanna know it, I sell new cars to rich German men, so think before you try to come @me. What about you and why do you think getting personal is a good idea when people actually bring up VALID points into this discussion? 

You can't take criticism when it comes to Lana? Wrong idea to join a discussion board, dear.

It's all good that she doesn't want to challenge herself. People are calling Lana out for pretty valid points:

- lukewarm, inspired performances

- lukewarm, unspired, bland music on Comamoon

- being generally unprofessional

So if she really cares SO much about her music, why does it SUCK so much as of lately? 

Also, when I refered to her cancellations, do you actually know that she cancelled a gig in France not only once, but twice just before she had to be there? Do you know that people like me who actually work have to take a day off to get there?

That some teenagers have probably skipped school? Others may have also booked tickets to get there. Hotel, train etc? You and all the delusionals on here are so foolish if you think that people will let her get away with it. And they haven't. 

GURL IM JUST JUMPING TO THE EXACT SAME CONCLUSIONS UR MAKING ABOUT LANA.. just because she is a "celebrity" doesn't make ur theoretical (and kinda rude imo) criticisms anymore accurate than my assumption about ur job... 

Honestly we don't know that much about her personal life.. but i'd say its p clear she does have anxiety issues, on top of that in 2014 she basically admitted she was so done with life at the time that she wouldn't mind dying.. and then the media hopped on her ass about it and criticized her to hell for it, instead of taking a decent and basic human approach and being supportive.. people like you lose sight of the fact that she's just a normal lady, who sings and makes music. 

Also her being lukewarm and her music sucking is  simply your opinion.. and gurl she's still more successful than u..   i find her a good amount more exciting than you(obviously).. but from a standpoint that really doesn't take into account her personal issues, her past, and her like 10 years of previous work.. yea she is being kinda low-key and disappointing 

but if you take into account that there could be lots of other stuff going on behind the scenes, you calling her an unprofessional diva, is honestly kind of rude. ..she is a usual person.. she makes that SO CLEAR, and you hold her to a much higher standard and act like for some reason she should actually adhere to it? 

i honestly think that a lot of the btd excitement was because she sort of had to do it bc of her label, plus at the time she may have been in a much better mental state and may have felt a lot more passion for her career. 

You and all the delusionals on here are so foolish if you think that people will let her get away with it. And they haven't. 

honestly, how is simply considering the fact that she is an average human being delusional????  what is delusional tho is thinking that she should be held to a superstar standard(which is really just a made up social construct), simply because you want her to be held to a higher standard  than a normal person despite the numerous times she's basically explained how she is super casual and usual and low-key

i honestly do think she takes her career a lot more casually than she did in the btd/p era.. and i do agree that as a fan, her being somewhat nonchalant is disappointing... that being said, as someone who has taken music production classes, it is actually pretty difficult and tedious work! and she's already done soo much of it which she didn't even get the opportunity to properly use or release.. and it was probably also pretty fucking disappointing and embarrassing .. its obvious that she literally contemplated quitting.. yet you're still giving her shit for doing exactly what tons of other artists (who aren't as popular) do

You totally don't get my point.

I am a consumer. I buy music, I pay for tickets. I don't have to consider anything, I don't have to take anything into account. I pay for being entertained. If you ain't ready, don't step out. If you wanna talk about wanting to kill yourself because of your fame and the pressure, I am sorry I have to feel sympathy for those who for example live on the bottom of the food chain or who get killed simply because they are black. And I am not even downplaying her issues, I just think she needs to be more concerned about how she addresses something. Or maybe get proper treatment which she can afford (also a thing many people in America can not)

In the end of the day, when I go to a gig, I don't wanna listen to songs I have heard her play on almost every gig and on top of that with the same arragement. Switch it up otherwise you lose your audience.

If she is all about her art, she would do more instead od remaining in her comfort zone.

You totally don't get my point.

I am a consumer. I buy music, I pay for tickets. I don't have to consider anything, I don't have to take anything into account. I pay for being entertained. If you ain't ready, don't step out. If you wanna talk about wanting to kill yourself because of your fame and the pressure, I am sorry I have to feel sympathy for those who for example live on the bottom of the food chain or who get killed simply because they are black. And I am not even downplaying her issues, I just think she needs to be more concerned about how she addresses something. Or maybe get proper treatment which she can afford (also a thing many people in America can not)

In the end of the day, when I go to a gig, I don't wanna listen to songs I have heard her play on almost every gig and on top of that with the same arragement. Switch it up otherwise you lose your audience.

If she is all about her art, she would do more instead od remaining in her comfort zone.

o sorry i assumed you were a person with feelings and empathy for others especially someone who i (apparently wrongfully) assumed you were a fan of.. my apologies  :stareney:

you are so damn fucking stupid. it's really mindblowing.

stupid how?! I've fucking admitted that i do think the way she's been recently is actually somewhat disappointing from a fan standpoint.. that being said, i don't think it justifies calling her an unprofessional diva with sucky music... if you're gonna be like that then don't come on lanaboards where there are actually people who care about lana as a person lmfao 

also maybe just don't watch lana concert videos..