WhiteHydrangea

Lana @ Orange Warsaw Festival 2016 June 3rd

She's been playing the same songs for so long, we barely got to hear any UV songs live, the ES Tour was dissapointing but had unreleased material. I don't understand why she won't perform songs from her latest album, like every other singer

It's a mystery.

Congratulations to Lana on a simply stunningly great set list.

Glad Ride is back.

I never thought she would do Brooklyn Baby in Europe, it's a NY song.

Simply the best.

and it includes 3 songs from Honeymoon.

actually to answer some othersabove-

legendary singers do NOT shift their set lists very much.

Imagine if Elton didn't sing "your song"

Or if Harry Chapin didn't sing "30,000 pounds of Bananas or Better place to be"

Or Billy Joel not singing Just the way you are.

sometimes in one-offs,  certain artists like Elton will do an extra hour of an entire album built around the greatest hits, but most people get bored when that is done, because

they don't know 7 of the 10 or 12 songs anyhow.

When someone has 395 different songs, obviously one cannot sing most of them, and concerts are greatest hits.

Want to hear the whole album? Buy the album or future live albums.

Hell, I specifically didn't go to see Kate Bush when I had a ticket I could have used specifically because she did not sing her hits from her first 4 years.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Have you guys never attended to a festival? Artists do not play just "their greatest hits" or "crowd favs", they promote their new album with the most popular songs at the end/somewhere near the end of the show. This is just lazy and unprofessional.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this already in the thread, but I saw a comment on an Instagram video of her performing Freak that she sounded very Lizzy Grant. I closed my eyes and could totally visualize Lizzy singing it. She was singing in a higher pitched voice like she used to. Since Lana now usually sings in a deeper voice, it was incredible to be able to visualize this.

Slowly returning to a Lizzy aesthetic? The higher pitch, the blonde hair, Yayo on the set list.. Who knows.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just watched some videos and I gotta say that the vocals were a bit meh :/

LOL i thought the vocals were better than usual, she sounded really good

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone has said this already in the thread, but I saw a comment on an Instagram video of her performing Freak that she sounded very Lizzy Grant. I closed my eyes and could totally visualize Lizzy singing it. She was singing in a higher pitched voice like she used to. Since Lana now usually sings in a deeper voice, it was incredible to be able to visualize this.

Slowly returning to a Lizzy aesthetic? The higher pitch, the blonde hair, Yayo on the set list.. Who knows.

it would be a dream come true for me honestly

Wy8jf2U.jpg

@@PARADIXO  she did 3 from honeymoon in a row a full 20% of the songs

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Cruel World - played 27 times

Cola - 115

Blue Jeans - 172

West Coast - 64

Born to Die - 175

Honeymoon - 4

High By the Beach - 2 (lead single from her newest album)

Freak - 2

Carmen - 95

Serial Killer - 21

Lolita - 8

Ultraviolence - 43

Ride - 95

Video Games - 161

Off to the Races - 33

Not a BTD album track being 11x more played than the entire Honeymoon album :toofunny:

Cola - 115

Blue Jeans - 172

West Coast - 64

Born to Die - 175

Honeymoon - 4

Freak - 2

Carmen - 95

Serial Killer - 21

Lolita - 8

Ultraviolence - 43

Ride - 95

Video Games - 161

Off to the Races - 33

Not a BTD album track being 11x more played than the entire Honeymoon album :toofunny:

This was Freaks very first performance I thought

Cola - 115

Blue Jeans - 172

West Coast - 64

Born to Die - 175

Honeymoon - 4

Freak - 2

Carmen - 95

Serial Killer - 21

Lolita - 8

Ultraviolence - 43

Ride - 95

Video Games - 161

Off to the Races - 33

she has only done freak 1 time?

image.png

Cola - 115

Blue Jeans - 172

West Coast - 64

Born to Die - 175

Honeymoon - 4

Freak - 2

Carmen - 95

Serial Killer - 21

Lolita - 8

Ultraviolence - 43

Ride - 95

Video Games - 161

Off to the Races - 33

she hasn't toured for honeymoon anyway. so it's not like she could play the new songs. she is just starting to play songs from the album live.

if i was her, I'd re-work some songs for a live set like FMWUTTT or MPG or play Old Money instead of Carmen. 

And she should give TBD a chance. It is perfect to be played live with a band.

Idk why she sings the same songs all the time lmao but she sounded fucking perfect and I love listening to her live when she sounds like this ahhhhh

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I think some people need to realize that Born To Die IS a great album and that she LIKES TO PERFORM its songs. It doesn't even mean that UV or HM songs are bad, it might only be that they're more painful for her... 

Also, I feel as though artists have songs that they simply HAVE to sing over and over. Yes, fans want new stuff and album tracks but other people want more known songs. 

And in my book, BlueJeans can stay in the setlist as long as it wants. :diva:  

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg