• Time Online: 53d 21h 43m 7s

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Methamphetamine, pink flamingo
Blue ‘50s queen, Blue Oyster Cult
Further we dream
Why don’t we go to Coney Island?
One day among, the ballad sung
The record spins blue '50s song
The veranda looks [honestly i dont think she says ocean here i almost hear 'so alone'] 
Neon palms sway
What’s happening?
Where did we go?
The Jersey Shore was long ago
As with our hopes
And Ocean Grow
And so I bid you farewell

dlnh8i.gif

I relistened to it and this is what i heard:

Methamphetamines

Pink Flamingos, blue 50's queen

blue oyster globe, for then a dream

why don't we go to coney island?

(no such person)

when the autumn, that guy i saw

blue records spin, blue 50's song

the horrendous look so shimmer

neon palm sway

what's happening?

where did we go?

the jersey shore was long ago

as we fly hopes and oceans grow

and so i bid you

farewell

ynrsh.gif

the veranda looks ocean wide?? like it's looking over the water and you can see for miles. I can hear an "i" sound after she says ocean

methamphetamines

pink flamingo, blue 50s queen

blue oyster glow, for the big dream

why don't we go to coney island?

one day among, the ballad sung

the record spins, blue 50s songs

the veranda looks ocean wide

neon palms sway

what's happening?

where did we go?

the jersey shore was long ago

as with our hopes

and ocean grove

and so I bid you

farewell

original.png

I'm going to Coney Island for the first time in my life in a week and I'm shaking so hard, I can't stop thinking about this song. It's not a song, it's a religion. Discovered Lana by crying my eyes out on Old Money at 4am sometime in Summer 2014, went to the corner of Sunset and Vine this summer, and now I'm going to Coney. I hope it's a sign I'm going to be as successful as her in my domain one day

ZKcaooE.png

I'm going to Coney Island for the first time in my life in a week and I'm shaking so hard, I can't stop thinking about this song. It's not a song, it's a religion. Discovered Lana by crying my eyes out on Old Money at 4am sometime in Summer 2014, went to the corner of Sunset and Vine this summer, and now I'm going to Coney. I hope it's a sign I'm going to be as successful as her in my domain one day

I'm serious here- nothing more rejuvenating than putting your toes/ feet in the water when you are there.

Even if the temperature is in the teens, just stay for a few seconds/minute.

The water temperature today is 53degrees Fahrenheit which is  11.7 degrees celsuius  (Wednesday, Thursday Friday will be cold outside temps)

(and don't forget to take a picture).

You'll thank me. (it's legal by the way even if "THEY"  try to tell you no).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I'm serious here- nothing more rejuvenating than putting your toes/ feet in the water when you are there.

Even if the temperature is in the teens, just stay for a few seconds/minute.

The water temperature today is 53degrees Fahrenheit which is  11.7 degrees celsuius  (Wednesday, Thursday Friday will be cold outside temps)

(and don't forget to take a picture).

You'll thank me. (it's legal by the way even if "THEY"  try to tell you no).

Thank you so much I'll try to do it if I'm not too embarrassed haha :D I'm actually much more excited about the beach than the park itself haha I just want to get a feel of the place, I'll make sure to take tons of pics and tell yall if I see a peroxyde blond ghost wearing a flower dress!

ZKcaooE.png

also i really feel as if she says 'ocean grow' not ocean grove, i really hear the 'w' sound at the end

could it be "ocean grown"? that's what the OG stands for in strains of weed like OG kush, it's not "original gangsta" like a lot of people think haha. 

tumblr_mpa5s93jmR1s8gmjao1_500.gif

I'm sobbing to this at 1:30 in the morning

Profound

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

we'll never have another artist like her... it's basically a poem, and it mentions methamphetamines, flamingos, coney island, jersey shore, and a lot of mentions of "blue" that undeniably add to the song's beautifully melancholic feel, blue fifty's queen, blue oyster cove, blue fifty's song :pray2: it's so lizzy grant, not to mention it's lo-fi quality, and the random soundbytes of elvis :hair: i will cherish her for all eternity... and the fact it morphed into old money.... imagine a laptop demo of old money similar to sweetheart and connection, it would be such a monumental moment :pray2:

WGe8ynS.gif