PrettyBaby

Create an Unreleased Lana Album/Playlist

Is a post after a post allowed? I would edit but my previous post was huge enough :P

So I'm still looking for some help with The Oasis Edition, but I made some revisions!:

Instead of LGOE and Beautiful Player in between Body Electric and Cola, I now have Mermaid Motel. It really does fit the style of both songs, and unlike most AKA songs, she sings (or talks? lol) lower. I took out Ridin' after Cola, and moved Hollywood's Dead in-between Cola and Gods & Monsters (a darker-style song fitting both). However, I now need a song in-between G&M and Ride. I then took out Butterflies Pt. 1 and put On Our way in between Ride and American, and it fits nicely. The rest of the playlist is unedited.

New order:

1. Paradise

2. Burning Desire

3. Heavy Hitter

4. Body Electric

5. Mermaid Motel

6. Cola

7. Hollywood's Dead

8. Gods & Monsters (Need a new song after this. Suggestions?)

9. Ride 

10. On Our Way

11. American

12. Take Me To Paris

13. Yayo

14. TV In Black & White

15. Blue Velvet

16. Queen of Disaster

17. Bel Air

Help welcome! :D

Aw, no LGOE? I guess maybe it is too "down" for the Oasis Edition. Hmm... I do like Ridin' between G&M and Ride. (Actually you made me finally like this darn song Ridin' at long last! :teehee: ) Definitely an added perspective. Though if you start to feel like it just doesn't fit, I think Beautiful Player would work here as well.

And I also do like Mermaid Motel between Body Electric and Cola. A little crazy, in a good way :)

I guess I feel like for all its dark overtones thematically, Hollywood's Dead's SOUND is just too chipper or something to flow easily with G&M. (Tho putting it before G&M does help). I like HD a lot near Yayo.

Also, Queen of Disaster seems way too happy to go near the end. I think of Bel Air as being a relief from the tragedy of Yayo. So BA needs something to be a relief FROM, like TV in Black & White. Does that make sense? Meanwhile, QOD helps transisiton from the sort-of-heavy Ride to the happier-sounding American.

Of course it's your playlist and these are only suggestions. (But I know what order I'm using on my iPod :D)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Oh, I guess I'm using Beautiful Player between Cola and G&M. And QOD instead of On Our Way (which would fit thematically, but again I think the sound is more Lizzy than Lana.)

So here's what I'm suggesting right now:

Paradise: Oasis Edition (my version 2)

1. Paradise

2. Burning Desire

3. Heavy Hitter

4. Body Electric

5. Mermaid Motel

6. Cola

7. Beautiful Player

8. Gods & Monsters

9. Ridin'

10. Ride

11. Queen of Disaster

12. American

13. (Take Me to) Paris

14. Goodbye Kiss

15. Yayo (2012)

16. Hollywood's Dead

17. Blue Velvet

18. TV in Black & White

19. Bel Air

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Oh, I guess I'm using Beautiful Player between Cola and G&M. And QOD instead of On Our Way (which would fit thematically, but again I think the sound is more Lizzy than Lana.)

So here's what I'm suggesting right now:

Paradise: Oasis Edition (my version 2)

1. Paradise

2. Burning Desire

3. Heavy Hitter

4. Body Electric

5. Mermaid Motel

6. Cola

7. Beautiful Player

8. Gods & Monsters

9. Ridin'

10. Ride

11. Queen of Disaster

12. American

13. (Take Me to) Paris

14. Goodbye Kiss

15. Yayo (2012)

16. Hollywood's Dead

17. Blue Velvet

18. TV in Black & White

19. Bel Air

Thanks a bunch! I went with all your suggestions and ended up with the same playlist as yours, with one change, being that I took "(Take Me to) Paris" out for the sake of only having one song in-between each Paradise song, and it's flowing nicely! Your help is much appreciated :D

"Hawaiian Tropic" is throwing a real wrench in my playlists. I'm pretty confident it's a Lizzy song but it's pretty unique among that set. Later, more produced Lizzy is all very happy and earlier, sparse Lizzy is usually sad. "Hawaiian Tropic" is a later Lizzy song but it's sad and I have no idea where to put it.

I had this cool idea to put it at the very end, so that the playlist begins with "Every Man Has His Wish" and ends with it's sadder twin. However, there's nothing toward the end of my playlist that can flow into it. Fordham Road --> Hawaiian Tropic sounds just dreadful with those chimes at the beginning and the faster tempo. Nothing in the entire playlist really fits! It would sound great next to "TV in Black & White" but that's just not a Lizzy song. Any ideas?

What about Boarding School > Hawaiian Tropic > Motel 6 or Trash Magic > Hawaiian Tropic > The Man I Love?

And whereabouts did you put the other four tracks? Dx

I will try those!

hey @@SitarHero, where did you put all the songs? ;)

My loyal subjects! Okay, well I finally decided to stop guessing the years of the a cappella songs and just made them into their own album! So you'll have to decide where to put them in the existing playlists if you don't want to do that--Daytona Meth sounds pretty good before Disco.

AXmkJ2y.png

Also considering trying Catch and Release between Dayglo Reflection and I Don't Wanna Go, but it might not be sad enough. Good pairing with Serial Killer, though. (As you can see, Noir is off in Volume 5.)

Pqs7ZbJ.png

Scarface can pretty much only go next to Daddy Issues, but luckily it sounds even better going into Spender than DI did.

I will try those!

My loyal subjects! Okay, well I finally decided to stop guessing the years of the a cappella songs and just made them into their own album! So you'll have to decide where to put them in the existing playlists if you don't want to do that--Daytona Meth sounds pretty good before Disco.

AXmkJ2y.png

Also considering trying Catch and Release between Dayglo Reflection and I Don't Wanna Go, but it might not be sad enough. Good pairing with Serial Killer, though. (As you can see, Noir is off in Volume 5.)

Pqs7ZbJ.png

Scarface can pretty much only go next to Daddy Issues, but luckily it sounds even better going into Spender than DI did.

thank you so much sitar, you always know how to divise the playlists in such a fabby way! 

4r9w86.jpg

Well, basically, I enjoyed making a deluxe version of Paradise so much that I decided to make a deluxe version of AKA! I didn't want to make one of BTD cause A) it's got a deluxe and B) it would be 30 tracks long (the way I make it). Speaking of being too long, this one is 26 tracks, so I've split it into two "discs" each with their own name, but also a name for the album overall. Did that make sense? Also, I'm probably only sharing disc 1 so far, because I haven't listened to disc 2 enough to be happy with it yet.

Lizzy Grant: Back to Santa Monica

Disc 1: Night Time is Almost Ours
1. Jump
2. Afraid
3. Gramma
4. Television Heaven
5. For K Part 2 (use the demo cause tbh it's better)
6. On Our Way
7. Oh Say Can You See
8. Back To Tha Basics
9. Queen of the Gas Station
10. Butterflies (Part 1)
11. Raise Me Up
12. Is It Wrong?
13. Smarty

It's still under revision, and help is also welcome! Maybe its just me, but god I love some of the flows im there i.e. Gas Station -> Butterflies Pt. 1. Will post "Disc 2" soon.

How have you arranged the other leaks, then? <3

I'd rather keep the acapella demos where they are -- idk about you, but yeah. :P

yeah i'm keeping my acapella demos in the same place, i'm still sorting some out, but i did what sitar did with 'scarface' and 'daytona meth' has gone after 'us against the world' and before 'you can be the boss'. i think it flows really nicely, it almost works as an interlude because it's rather short. 

4r9w86.jpg

My loyal subjects! Okay, well I finally decided to stop guessing the years of the a cappella songs and just made them into their own album! 

SITAR I NEED YOU TO SHOW ME THE ORDER YOU PUT THE A CAPPELLA SONGS IN BECAUSE I NEED YOU FOR EVERYTHING LANA-PLAYLIST RELATED AND AM INCAPABLE OF DEVISING MY OWN PLAYLIST OR BEING SELF-SUFFICIENT IN GENERAL PLEASE SPOON FOOD ME I'M HUNGRY   

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

I JUST SAID WHAT EVERYONE WAS THINKING DON'T JUDGE ME YOU DON'T KNOW ME  :kum:  :kum:  :kum:  :kum: 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

SITAR I NEED YOU TO SHOW ME THE ORDER YOU PUT THE A CAPPELLA SONGS IN BECAUSE I NEED YOU FOR EVERYTHING LANA-PLAYLIST RELATED AND AM INCAPABLE OF DEVISING MY OWN PLAYLIST OR BEING SELF-SUFFICIENT IN GENERAL PLEASE SPOON FOOD ME I'M HUNGRY   

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

I JUST SAID WHAT EVERYONE WAS THINKING DON'T JUDGE ME YOU DON'T KNOW ME  :kum:  :kum:  :kum:  :kum: 

he makes good playlists, how about you show us how 'fantastic' yours are?:)

4htyls.gif

4r9w86.jpg

he makes good playlists, how about you show us how 'fantastic' yours are? :)

4htyls.gif

Ooops, I can see how that could be misconstrued for sarcasm... :ohno:  I was being serious, I use Sitar's playlists too and am actually helpless without him, I was poking fun at myself for not being able to add a song or make any changes without consulting him first  :defeated:

Ooops, I can see how that could be misconstrued for sarcasm... :ohno:  I was being serious, I use Sitar's playlists too and am actually helpless without him, I was poking fun at myself for not being able to add a song or make any changes without consulting him first  :defeated:

ooooh, i see lol! pardon me then! but no, i'm like you too. when i change my itunes lana songs i'm like 'wwsd' (what would sitar do)(: 

4r9w86.jpg

when i change my itunes lana songs i'm like 'wwsd' (what would sitar do)(: 

Basically the unofficial title of this thread, tbh :hairflip: 

Loooooooooooooooord

1. Motel 6 (Demo)

2. Daytona Meth

3. Crooked Cop

4. Dangerous

5. White Pontiac Heaven

6. Noir

7. Methamphetamines

8. Little Carmen

Tbh I made it expecting more a cappellas to leak, but it's good to have and if my Lizzy playlist gets too long I can make this a "laptop demo" album and put acoustic stuff in, too (Elvis, ARH, YGLM, 1949--rather than produced acoustic songs like Money Hunny etc.).

Loooooooooooooooord

1. Motel 6 (Demo)

2. Daytona Meth

3. Crooked Cop

4. Dangerous

5. White Pontiac Heaven

6. Noir

7. Methamphetamines

8. Little Carmen

Tbh I made it expecting more a cappellas to leak, but it's good to have and if my Lizzy playlist gets too long I can make this a "laptop demo" album and put acoustic stuff in, too (Elvis, ARH, YGLM, 1949--rather than produced acoustic songs like Money Hunny etc.).

Does it have a title? Does it have album art?  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:   :defeated:  :creep: