Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I would have tolerated Million Dollar Bore if it had a Nicki Minaj feature. But who wouldn't? Everybody should agree with me.

"yeah I got a million dollar man in my pocket (pocket)

uh uh put his heart in my safe and imma lock it (lock it)"

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Born to Die is her worst album. I feel like they (her label and producers) have tried to make an "commercial indie pop" album and failed miserably. IMO, It's her most "artificial" work

In my opinion, just because it's more upbeat it doesn't mean it's artifical. Some of the production probably isn't how Lana intended it to be, but the lyricism is really great, I think thats where It feels personal to me.

million dollar man is the WORST lana song ever

i want to delete its existence

Not when Sirens exists.

Born to Die is her worst album. I feel like they (her label and producers) have tried to make an "commercial indie pop" album and failed miserably. IMO, It's her most "artificial" work

I'm not going to sit here and let yall slander BTD I WILL :) FIGHT ANY OF YALL! MEET UP! LET'S :) GO!

But seriously. Stop :) on her best album. lmao But seriously, the hate is unneeded, we were talking about Million Dollar Man and a lounge album, not the BTD as a whole. This aint a BTD hate thread dammits.

(I forgot we can't cuss lmaooo I was wondering where those smileys came from)

I'll pray for you hunny :pray2:

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

BTD is definitely my least favorite too now. Like, it doesn't have as much replay value as it did when it first came out.. fast and upbeat songs get tiring after a while of constant replay. I definitely prefer UV/HM/Paradise b/c I feel like there's more variety in the production, and more variety in the way her vocals are portrayed (w/ emotion). Besides OTTR, BJ, BTD, Without You, Dark Paradise and Video Games... BTD is so bland to me now. 

That siren signature sound that Emile puts in ALL of Lana's songs (including Wait for Life) AND the album he produced for NBHD.. no thanks.

I can understand why Lana loves singing Carmen now. I've started singing along to the instrumental a lot, and it really is a wonderful experience. Plus it's a whole different point of view if you think about it from her perspective. It's not amazing, and can be boring to some, but I can't believe she'd waste announcement time on half of a song she can't even remember half the time (@ Old Money)

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

BTD is definitely my least favorite too now. Like, it doesn't have as much replay value as it did when it first came out.. fast and upbeat songs get tiring after a while of constant replay. I definitely prefer UV/HM/Paradise b/c I feel like there's more variety in the production, and more variety in the way her vocals are portrayed (w/ emotion). Besides OTTR, BJ, BTD, Without You, Dark Paradise and Video Games... BTD is so bland to me now. 

That siren signature sound that Emile puts in ALL of Lana's songs (including Wait for Life) AND the album he produced for NBHD.. no thanks.

I agree 100%. BtD is very special to me bc it introduced me to Lana and a lot of alternative artists, but it's her most commercial album. I have the impression that it's produced this way bc they've wanted to introduce Lana in the media.

I agree 100%. BtD is very special to me bc it introduced me to Lana and a lot of alternative artists, but it's her most commercial album. I have the impression that it's produced this way bc they've wanted to introduce Lana in the media.

I agree.. lol she's so over it and that's why she keeps playing those same songs at the festival b/c the people that go see her are mostly non-stans who live for BTD/Paradise.  But anyways she's still a huge streamed artist, HM got 200M total streams and UV got 400M streams... I'm proud of her. 

And she's always been such a simple/indie girl...I don't think she felt she would blow up the way she did with BTD (SS Remix' fault)