Jack

Melanie Martinez

33 minutes ago, Sugartears said:

Doesn't anyone remember that collab of Noah Cyrus with Melanie in 2016 that never came out? I really wish that it could be leaked someday even though it's a probably just a worktape - https://www.papermag.com/noah-cyrus-halloween-2641154384.html?rebelltitem=35#rebelltitem35

Honestly if Mel was in studio with Ashnikko, I'm more keen on that than work with Noah. 

7 hours ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

def not coming anytime soon... she's barely in the writing stage of the film so obviously it will not come until 2023 or so. Next stage after this is conceptualizing the costumes - She was doing that for K-12 around Late 2017 - May 2018, alongside scouting for the locations and then filming finally proceeded in October 2018 so saying she did finish writing the film in about 3-4 months... she'd be working on costumes and fine-tuning the script until about November/December and hopefully filming could begin in spring 2022... If we're super lucky we might see the album and film release is spring/summer 2023.

Melanie herself has already confirmed through interviews that, this time, she would write the film along with the songs. So that means that if she already has the songs ready, or at least written, she already has all or almost the entire script of the film ready.

Edit: Besides, in the interview she gave to the grammy museum, she already had 48-50 pages of the film written. And that's been a long time, like 9 months ago...

18 hours ago, Spacki said:

Melanie herself has already confirmed through interviews that, this time, she would write the film along with the songs. So that means that if she already has the songs ready, or at least written, she already has all or almost the entire script of the film ready.

Edit: Besides, in the interview she gave to the grammy museum, she already had 48-50 pages of the film written. And that's been a long time, like 9 months ago...

^^^^ K-12 was written fully in only three months, so she's deffinetly done with the film script. 

2 hours ago, CBCL said:

Cooties x Nurse's Office  mashup would be bomb

They're in different keys, aren't they? I'm pretty sure nurses office is in major key while cooties is in minor. 

25 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

I kinda wanna know what some of you guys genuinely think about 'Zzzz'. Ever since it leaked people have barely talked about it so I'm curious 

I'm actually really obsessed with that song rn :fabcat:

I really like it! But it does sound a little funny how she literally says "Zee, zee, zee, zee, zee" cause in Australia we pronounced Z like "zed" :toofunny: makes no sense ik

But I think Zzzz fits really well with her older songs, especially the chilling ones like WDBCF and You Love I

She's probably finishing the album as both her and K&OL have teased coming back to Hawaii to do so.
She said she was writing the movie along with the record, and also gave interviews months ago that she was over 50 pages of the script ... + a couple of stories in which we could see from afar all the paper notes, which indicates she is piecing it together for its final touches.
Costume design is an easy and quick process for her as she draws everything on her iPad and consults with Christina and Rio for the technicality of it, and there are hundreds of fabric stores in L.A.
The thing that will probably push us back is the label approving the budget, as location scouting will most likely not happen in the U.S. as it's cheaper to do so around Europe, in which the Covid situation is much more tamer than in America.

It's most likely she'll shoot the movie in early 2022 and release it in late 2022 or early 2023, depending on how long the editing and FX takes.

5 hours ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

I kinda wanna know what some of you guys genuinely think about 'Zzzz'. Ever since it leaked people have barely talked about it so I'm curious 

I'm actually really obsessed with that song rn :fabcat:

It's my FAVORITE! People don't seem to like it much but I begged for it for a reason: it smacks. 

4 hours ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

It's most likely she'll shoot the movie in early 2022 and release it in late 2022 or early 2023, depending on how long the editing and FX takes.

If she's allowed to do it that is. Between COVID and how k-12's film did in the box office, I'm just not seeing it happening any time soon. I'm thinking most likely she's going to get the budget back, see it's not what she wants, then refuse to do it. 

43 minutes ago, Salem said:

If she's allowed to do it that is. Between COVID and how k-12's film did in the box office, I'm just not seeing it happening any time soon. I'm thinking most likely she's going to get the budget back, see it's not what she wants, then refuse to do it. 

She is allowed, most films are being shot like normal
and the movie did great with the box office + dvd sales and streams on youtube
she already has an idea of the budget hence why she didn't film Test Me cause it was gonna take away the money from the budget

I feel like there won't be as much budget issues as there was with K-12, since Melanie now knows her limits after K-12 had to be cut down so much. 

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

46 minutes ago, WHACKWORLD said:

I feel like there won't be as much budget issues as there was with K-12, since Melanie now knows her limits after K-12 had to be cut down so much. 

yes, they gave her a pre-aproved budget so she can work around it 

1 hour ago, Sugartears said:

random but didn't anyone remember Toothbrush title? I think it leaked along with test me title, idk if it was real.

I'm wondering about Banana Well, I saw it mentioned on discord. Someone said it was 2heads who told them. 

22 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

just noticed that the instrumental for Rocking Horse is slightly different from the mix that got leaked. 

The dbree leak was messed with I think. 

24 minutes ago, CBCL said:

Cry Baby I Scream Demo is overdue it needs to leak soon 

Ive been saying that for weeks ??? 

??????? ? ???'? ???? ?????? ?? ?? ??

26 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

nope its just a different mix, the OG file that that one user posted was the same

It wouldn't surprise me if the rocking horse we have is an early demo simply because it's kinda aged like a rat left in a snake enclosure under the lamp for too long ?