Jack

Melanie Martinez

54 minutes ago, Sonofmoonshine said:

You can disagree all you want, that's your right as a human being, but that doesn't make it rue for others.
What exactly is "by media" cause I mentioned one TV show that was airing until last year? it wasn't the first nor will be the last ... it is common and there is no right way to portray a character in one's religion/culture ... as Jesus, God, Mary, Lucifer, etc have all been portrayed as well in many shapes and forms, but that's suddenly "okay"? Please keep being out of this thread like you were before

I'm not being rude to you, how come you are to me? 

There's no way I'm out of this thread just because you say it lol

Besides, I have been part of this thread for years now, but that's OK, if being part of this thread means to interact with rude stans like you then I guess I should think twice before posting something here. 

Melanie is such a great musician and I'm very interested in her future projects, but man, there are some weird stans out there, just like those psychos that were scamming and threating underage fans to the point of pushing them to kill themselves otherwise they would leak their nudes... 

I just can't with some people online, gosh. 

54 minutes ago, 320kbps said:

LITERALLY i feel like this whole thread should just be on mod queue at this point lmfao :toofloppy:

Second this 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

spill :deadbanana: this thread just became a shitpost hole 

:deadbanana:

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

This thread has been way worse before with fans attacking each other over legit nothing hundreds of times.

I thought a valid discussion was going. Some of you just really hate the mention of cultural appropriation bc you don't wanna think about how your fav artists could ever do wrong, even though none of us were saying Mel is a bad person??? We all literally said we think she's good. 

2 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Lmao can this thread be locked until there's something worth talking about...

:toofunny:

Preach king! 

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

This thread has been way worse before with fans attacking each other over legit nothing hundreds of times.

I thought a valid discussion was going. Some of you just really hate the mention of cultural appropriation bc you don't wanna think about how your fav artists could ever do wrong, even though none of us were saying Mel is a bad person??? We all literally said we think she's good. 

I know right? It's stupid that we cannot be objective saying "I love her music but this is wrong and she should do better than that" without a die hard fan attacking being rude just because someone is not praising everything about their fave. 

I mean, I adore MARINA and I think she is such a well crafted artists, but I know she has said/done some things that are plain wrong and fans are not afraid to awknowledge it (and even tell her on ig or Twitter) and she finds a way to do it better and be a better person along with us. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Just now, EXODUS said:

I know right? It's stupid that we cannot be objective saying "I love her music but this is wrong and she should do better than that" without a die hard fan attacking being rude just because someone is not praising everything about their fave. 

I mean, I adore MARINA and I think she is such a well crafted artists, but I know she has said/done some things that are plain wrong and fans are not afraid to awknowledge it (and even tell her on ig or Twitter) and she finds a way to do it better and be a better person along with us. 

Ikr, Just because there's no current leaks in this thread we can't actually talk about the artist that this thread is about :facepalm:

Give the fans what they want but don't ever discuss the depths of the artist.

Also I love how as poc we just got spoken over by someone who believes spilling 'facts' is the way to settle CA, not actually listening to what the people of those cultures believe, and ALL of them too, not just the ones who say what they wanna hear.

22 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Hide contents

Also I love how as poc we just got spoken over by someone who believes spilling 'facts' is the way to settle CA, not actually listening to what the people of those cultures believe, and ALL of them too, not just the ones who say what they wanna hear.

^^^^ don't tell me my cultures practices are open when they're not or closed when they're open. Listen to POC instead of talking over them. 

On 3/23/2021 at 2:23 PM, Ultra Violet said:

Hide contents

I have to agree. Even my own cultural practises are often misunderstood/misrepresented by the media and masses. Some sacred things are appropriated, while non-important things are misinterpreted as super sacred, etc. As someone obviously from my own culture, I should be listened to, no? :toofunny: If anything, we should hear out people from the culture in question even louder than what we hear on the news or are taught at schools and what not, because they do indeed know better...! They live that reality.

Anyway, these are just my two cents :derpna2:

6 minutes ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

so on another (on topic) note, whats your favorite songs from cry baby? mine sippy cup, cake, soap, and pity party

Taste

Highlights for me are Cake and Pacify Her, but my actual favourite from that era is Gingerbread Man. I don't think I've ever skipped these.

I love CB as a whole but (super unpopular opinion here) I always skip Training Wheels, I hate it big time, I find it super corny. 

7 minutes ago, CinnamonGirl said:

Cake and Teddy Bear are career highlights for her PERIOD 

Why is it the good ones overlooked ? sippy cup bops.

Just now, EXODUS said:

I love CB as a whole but (super unpopular opinion here) I always skip Training Wheels, I hate it big time, I find it super corny. 

I hate training wheels too. The fact it's the only song in major key makes it stick out. 

1 hour ago, rockwellfckingnorman said:

so on another (on topic) note, whats your favorite songs from cry baby? mine sippy cup, cake, soap, and pity party

well, there it goes my ranking of the album (including the deluxe):

1. Mrs. Potato Head

2. Pity Party

3. Dollhouse

4. Soap

5. Cake

6. Training Wheels

7. Mad Hatter

8. Cry Baby

9. Milk & Cookies

10. Tag, You're It

11. Teddy Bear

12. Play Date

13. Pacify Her

14. Carousel

15. Sippy Cup

16. Alphabet Boy

UAmFDOp.png

Not here for the rankings, but now that we're on it, here are mine.

Cry Baby (2015)

1. Mrs. Potato Head
  2. Pacify Her
  3. Soap
  4. Alphabet Boy
  5. Cry Baby
  6. Sippy Cup
  7. Tag, You're It
  8. Pity Party
  9. Dollhouse
  10. Milk & Cookies
  11. Carousel
  12. Training Wheels
  13. Teddy Bear
  14. Cake
  15. Play Date
  16. Mad Hatter

K-12 (2019)

1. High School Sweethearts
  2. Show & Tell
  3. Teacher's Pet
  4. Drama Club
  5. Detention
  6. Lunchbox Friends
  7. Class Fight
  8. Strawberry Shortcake
  9. The Principal
  10. Orange Juice
  11. Recess
  12. Nurse's Office [in case the stems leaks and I'm able to remove those horrible cough sounds, it will probably go a lot of places up]
  13. Wheels on the Bus [I honestly dislike this one]

After School (2020)

1. The Bakery
  2. Brain & Heart
  3. Field Trip
  4. Fire Drill
  5. Copy Cat
  6. Test Me
  7. Notebook
  8. Glued
  9. Numbers

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

39 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

K-12 (2019)

1. High School Sweethearts
  2. Show & Tell
  3. Teacher's Pet
  4. Drama Club
  5. Detention
  6. Lunchbox Friends
  7. Class Fight
  8. Strawberry Shortcake
  9. The Principal
  10. Orange Juice
  11. Recess
  12. Nurse's Office [in case the stems leaks and I'm able to remove those horrible cough sounds, it will probably go a lot of places up]
  13. Wheels on the Bus [I honestly dislike this one]

After School (2020)

1. The Bakery
  2. Brain & Heart
  3. Field Trip
  4. Fire Drill
  5. Copy Cat
  6. Test Me
  7. Notebook
  8. Glued
  9. Numbers

Yes!!!! 

And I would actually LOVE to listen to Nurses Office without all those noises too. I can't believe Mel actually loved those sound effects. In the movie would be fine but on the album, the only effects I like in that song are the bandaids ripping, glugging down the medicine and the laughing-crying in the bridge. 

She's usually SO good with tasteful artistic sound effects but that song just went on the wrong route!

P.s. if anyone really likes mels production with sound effects, you might really like some of Jazmin Beans songs. Her songs Worldwide torture, Yandere and Sacharrine have great sound effects in parts like guns cocking, swords/scythes slicing, shotguns, and monsters growling. Her vocals are more like Mel's in the After School EP.