Jack

Melanie Martinez

On 6/28/2023 at 12:42 AM, Nightmare said:

it’s not! i’ve seen lots od videos of it on tiktok… what a scam… i cant believe people are paying for this shit. melanie is hitting the lowers points of her career with these cash grabbing moments

I typed a reply to this a few days ago and decided not to post it, but now this is BLOWING UP and exaggerated articles are being written about it and pushed all over SM, so it's back on my brain..

I get that PORTALS has become her passion project and she wants funding really badly. But that shouldn't mean using her(mostly teenage) fans for money, pushing them cheaply made jewelry(for $700), NFTs, hologram "meet and greets", etc. Next thing you know they'll be paying for a M&G with a her cardboard cutout for $300/ticket, and it'll be "okay" because "she told you that's what it'd be, didn't you read?". Like, just open a GoFundMe. We'd probably all pitch in.

Besides, if she'd used more of the leaks for the final tracklist, set aside more promo budget, and put out less but higher quality merch, she'd have made so much more money off initial sales. She's intentionally put herself in a corner and I wonder if it'll be worth it in the end, let alone what she envisioned.. Especially after we've seen her waste opportunities on the music videos to save ideas for the movie almost no one wants.

All in all I guess I'm just confused and have no idea how to feel other than being exhausted by the constant controversy chewing on this fandom ever since 2017. :awkney2:

On 6/28/2023 at 10:04 PM, WildChild said:

Dragon's Blood being AS is giving headcannon...

2021 is as era imo, it was before she used the devil horns and fae ears filter and that's really the start of mm3sessions for me

mod queue king

stream portals

give me munniez <3

5 hours ago, WildChild said:

"the wallpaper's ripped and the flowers are dead"

"I'll still love your garden even with no flowers"

maybe???

wasn't bomm confirmed to be about her friend/friends boyfriend or something??

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

46 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

wasn't bomm confirmed to be about her friend/friends boyfriend or something??

I don't believe there was proof of this. The claim was during a 2020 M&G but I doubt if asked, she'd answer.

On 7/2/2023 at 9:23 AM, The Siren said:

i thought Bombs on Monday Morning was about the Boston Marathon bombing?

I don't remember the whole story, but as @Wildchild said— supposedly during a (digital?) M&G, a fan asked about BOMM and Melanie said it was about her friend's partner who was going through chemotherapy/cancer at the time or something like that. 

On 7/2/2023 at 8:56 AM, Jacks Toilet Crisps said:

no bc why did kai/kj think he ate when he leaked 2-3 year old song snippets from the first ver of my album... like hun there's been 6 other versions, you didn't think it changed at least ONCE?

What does this have to do with Melanie Martinez?

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 hours ago, baddisease said:

i want a rerelease of Cry Baby with unreleased CB-era songs.

Like Haunted.

Is this a realistic desire?

100% me too. deserved releases: 99 Cent Store, Arts & Crafts, Band-Aid, Bombs on Monday Morning, Gold Diggin' Love, Haunted, Psycho Lovers, Where Do Babies Come From?

13 hours ago, baddisease said:

i want a rerelease of Cry Baby with unreleased CB-era songs.

Is this a realistic desire?

nope, mel would stop using the costume on tour before she every touches a unreleased crybaby song again

Aku is coming for you <3

Help me I'm on MQ

There's a voice modulation in the Ashnikko song Don't Look at It on her new album that reminds me of one of the fan edits of Puzzles :defeated:

I think I had the fan edit as Past Life?

Edited by The Siren

3 hours ago, olee said:

nope, mel would stop using the costume on tour before she every touches a unreleased crybaby song again

missed opportunity for not only money for the film she wants to make, but great fan service as well as the ability to take the power back in songs that haven't leaked yet like Animal Crackers and being able to put it out on her own terms...

3 hours ago, WildChild said:

missed opportunity for not only money for the film she wants to make, but great fan service as well as the ability to take the power back in songs that haven't leaked yet like Animal Crackers and being able to put it out on her own terms...

she's just being stubborn, all the leaks would be able to be avoided if she just gave us something small once in awhile, legit that's the only reason it happens, bc she disappears for 5 years and gets mad when the music leaks because she was gone for 5 years...

Aku is coming for you <3

Help me I'm on MQ

6 hours ago, The Siren said:

There's a voice modulation in the Ashnikko song Don't Look at It on her new album that reminds me of one of the fan edits of Puzzles :defeated:

I think I had the fan edit as Past Life?

waittt send

Aku is coming for you <3

Help me I'm on MQ

I wonder what's next... 

A) Another deluxe of Portals with more songs. 

B) A companion EP for the era

C) An in-between-eras EP

D) Portals Remixes album/EP

E) New Era

F) Long ass hiatus. 

G) A movie no one's asked for. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde