Jack

Melanie Martinez

I miss some of her older songs, she used to bring out emotion so easily. Some of them really are top tier when it comes to drama and u can tell she really felt them: BOMM, Seesaw, You Love I, Buttersweet Tragedy, Ms PH, Rocking Horse,… 

Her music since K-12 seems a lot more… shallow :defeated:

7 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I miss some of her older songs, she used to bring out emotion so easily. Some of them really are top tier when it comes to drama and u can tell she really felt them: BOMM, Seesaw, You Love I, Buttersweet Tragedy, Ms PH, Rocking Horse,… 

Her music since K-12 seems a lot more… shallow :defeated:

i think it might be because those seem like ideas that werent too revisited and changed whereas i think she kept going into the songs for Portals to change everything about them till she was 'satisfied' with them :lolliney:

I wanted to like the void video so bad but the corny ass running and the half ass convulsing/dancing was tew much. Ok she's always had a very unique dancing style but like this was mostly her rolling on the floor or running in place. It felt like she was in a hurry to get the video over and put something out :/

It's looks nice at least tho ig 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

16 hours ago, The Siren said:

i think it might be because those seem like ideas that werent too revisited and changed whereas i think she kept going into the songs for Portals to change everything about them till she was 'satisfied' with them :lolliney:

I actually kinda think it’s all the way around :bebe:

u can tell by the lyrics she really worked them out while everything since after school sounds freestyle. Also, don’t think that has anything to do with the emotions she was able to evoke back then and now no 

3 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I actually kinda think it’s all the way around :bebe:

u can tell by the lyrics she really worked them out while everything since after school sounds freestyle. Also, don’t think that has anything to do with the emotions she was able to evoke back then and now no 

I think the phrase is "the other way around" :bebe:

Also think that usually when recording or writing, what comes out first is usually what's more emotive than later takes or edits cos you had to make a thought about it. 

Has she only been performing the deluxe songs at certain shows? I was under the impression that every venue was getting the full album + deluxe, but I just saw a video of her telling the crowd to have a good night after womb then she dipped

1 hour ago, TropicoKitten said:

Has she only been performing the deluxe songs at certain shows? I was under the impression that every venue was getting the full album + deluxe, but I just saw a video of her telling the crowd to have a good night after womb then she dipped

Probably wasn't feeling well enough for three more songs. Probably cos of the costume (obvi)

2 hours ago, TropicoKitten said:

She appears to have done all songs plus deluxe at every show 

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=melanie+martinez

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

does anyone else think that bludnymph kinda copied the way Mel sings for this song? (I still like it and don't care if she did, I just think it sounds like a Mel song)

giphy.gif

why does Melanie pretend Portals is something she had planned as a trilogy closer since the start of her career when there are interviews of her in like 2016 saying she wants every album in her discography to be about a different physical location in Crybaby's town

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

leak more stempacks and instrumentals.

5 hours ago, baddisease said:

does anyone else think that bludnymph kinda copied the way Mel sings for this song? (I still like it and don't care if she did, I just think it sounds like a Mel song)

either way, no one will ever do it how Mel does. EVER.